Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

@Chris.R

This isn't where you used to live mate is it? Taken from the Liverpool Echo this morning. Very localised.

629180008_Screenshot_2020-12-31Trafficandtravelupdatesasweatherforcestraincancellations.thumb.png.b37a8c437f025a764fc7ede102b720de.png

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Looks like it took the breaking up and dying out option.

Yeah. One takes the right path and it dies before getting over here. Need a bit of luck. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Snow, Winter, Summer storms after a 'heatwave'

MetO dont seem to interested with tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What will be the next one for the region @Kasim Awan ? do you reckon we will retain some of the 5cm we got on the south of the region before the night comes?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I guessing the high cloud from the system in Scotland is hampering the shower activity here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

A few icy showers passed through but nothing much else going on

Posted

In Sale, we got a good covering from the showers early this morning. Looking at the grass, there seems to be 4-6cm. Still cloudy and 1.2c. Was a shame I was sleeping when the snow fell! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, superslick said:

In Sale, we got a good covering from the showers early this morning. Looking at the grass, there seems to be 4-6cm. Still cloudy and 1.2c. Was a shame I was sleeping when the snow fell! 

1.2c ? Mine shows 0.5c also in Sale near the tram station..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Epic no cover here

IMG_20201231_083933.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Surprise surprise, nowt here except a frost, missed all the ppn again looking at the radar, probably would have been rain anyways.

Posted
49 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

The last few days have been a great example of how nowcasting comes into play when forecasting, sudden short term developments making mockery of models.

Yes to think some of the apps on Christmas Eve were forecasting 10 days of dry weather.  Now it's not been a sodden downpour every day by any long shot but there's been some wintry mixes cropping up here and there.  Still got ice/snow lying on shaded grassy areas, shed roofs, etc.. from the fall 3 days ago.  Some of the cars that haven't moved, or been jumped on by kids are still retaining their ice cover too.

Posted
1 minute ago, raul_sbd said:

1.2c ? Mine shows 0.5c also in Sale near the tram station..

Yep 1.2c, but the sensor is about 1.7 metres off the ground away from the house. I'm near the town centre towards AOM. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
18 minutes ago, PennineMark said:

Yeah. One takes the right path and it dies before getting over here. Need a bit of luck. 

What’s left of it has reached here, a few light flakes only but nice to see anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Snow, Winter, Summer storms after a 'heatwave'
1 minute ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Surprise surprise, nowt here except a frost, missed all the ppn again looking at the radar, probably would have been rain anyways.

Cumbria seems to be the unluckiest part of the country, the so called 'snow starved SE' has nothing on it

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Another fall of snow, that’s 3 in 3 days, more than we’ve had for years

1FB88E4C-BBCE-4889-A797-499FDF467897.jpeg

55966316-F136-4858-ACE3-5119F7174B31.jpeg

3DE046D0-4A7F-4D21-90EC-786CA364EA3E.jpeg

E32AC819-37DF-4C27-B020-2C691B48F199.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Raining at around 0/1C. Painful to see. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

My snow is already melting fast.  The fact is the snow not thick enough.

27 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

What will be the next one for the region @Kasim Awan ? do you reckon we will retain some of the 5cm we got on the south of the region before the night comes?

You will retain it on grass & most surfaces but south of the Airport is always better at retaining snow heard there is over 10cm on grass at near 70m asl around there.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
12 minutes ago, Dkeane3 said:

Cumbria seems to be the unluckiest part of the country, the so called 'snow starved SE' has nothing on it

Theres no doubt in my mind that its worse for snow here than it is in the 'snow starved' SE, there guarenteed loads everytime theres a good easterley, were lucky if we manage one light snow shower from an easterley, only have to look at the snow depths ive recorded in past winters in my signature to see how bad it is.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Theres no doubt in my mind that its worse for snow here than it is in the 'snow starved' SE, there guarenteed loads everytime theres a good easterley, were lucky if we manage one light snow shower from an easterley, only have to look at the snow depths ive recorded in past winters in my signature to see how bad it is.

Have you ever had anything noteworthy?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Had what seemed like a light dusting; went out to put rubbish in the bin, and it is actually more hail than snow.......

Posted
17 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

You will retain it on grass & most surfaces but south of the Airport is always better at retaining snow heard there is over 10cm on grass at near 70m asl around there.

Keeping it atm with 0.6c quite a lot on the grass and trees...

534CE661-FB13-43AD-9516-B3AA08FBA550.jpeg

66F04FEC-0E62-4B19-8CDC-968154DF362E.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
38 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Nothing here not even a shower:( . However everything is white from hard frosts. Yestersay was very cold frosty and foggy. Not hold out much hope for any snow

Posted

Well woke up at 10 to 5 and saw PPN falling and it looked a right mix of snow, hail(?) Ice pellets, whatever it was, it left a white light covering as the ground was so cold. More wet now but seems like there has been evidence of at least a wet snow shower as there is slushy deposits on the bin and car.

Anyways once tonight's messy PPN shifts out of the way, there should be some nice frosty nights to come until the horrible easterlies kick in.