Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Rain/hail shower now. Just too marginal atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Temp not got above 1.2 c all day ,bitterly cold ,starting to freeze again now

E1EB8FDF-3F2A-4EC3-9702-F27686CD83EE.jpeg

Edited by Spurry
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

This just issued by Manchester Airport to us workers please don't shoot the messenger.

Based on current forecast the period with the highest risk of snowfall is 0600-1000

Now- midnight

Very low risk of snow showers sub zero temperatures from mid PM resulting in freezing fog causing very low visibility.

Midnight-0600

Low risk of snow showers freezing fog persisting causing low visibility 

0600-1000

Medium to high risk of snow showers which will accumulate high accumulations are not expected at this stage we will update if this changes.

C.S

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

heavy rain with the slightest hint of sleet maybe... it's like I'm back in the 90s.

Posted
33 minutes ago, Steve_Alltami said:

Slightly confused with the meto update (for Wales) for this evening and overnight, with "Outbreaks of snow move into the north before dawn."... I thought the area of precip had been shunted much further west? Or is this referring to more organised showers?

Anyone with far more knowledge than I like to clarify? I'm around 5 miles from the border with Cheshire which is why I use the Northwest region chat rather than the Wales region which I find is biased to the South of Wales.

That's a huge Shame Steve, we have posters in the forum from Glyn Ceiriog, North East Powys and Wrexham area also Mold. I actually think it's a fair reflection of Wales. It's only as representative as those who post there really. I'm sure the Weather in Mold is far more relevant to you than say Manchester. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

heavy rain with the slightest hint of sleet maybe... it's like I'm back in the 90s.

Dry with blue sky here after a little light rain 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Showers alternating between rain and snow at the moment. Snow shower in progress again at the moment with decent sized flakes. Sounds like snow risk will increase this evening and overnight, based on Manchester Airport update posted by @cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Going into level 4

Residents should stay at home, unless they have a "reasonable excuse" such as work or education

sledging a reasonable excuse? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
6 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Dry with blue sky here after a little light rain 

It'll all clear away soon before the next liquid onslaught moves it's way down from the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Strange how geography affects the weather; went out for a short 60 min bike ride - in an easterly direction, barely 2 miles away the back roads had patches of slush on them where they hadn't yesterday; and there was the odd bit of ice on a corner of an unclassified road.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
35 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

....….sledging a reasonable excuse? 

Hard work on Gravel 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Honestly if I hear the words wintry showers one more time I think I’m going to scream and destroy my phone! I counted five mentions of the words in the latest Met text forecast.

• Like 5

Posted

Just been to spike Island in widnes,all green around there,rain/ice pellets showers on and off,few miles up the road still have snow on the grass here skies clearer and colder 1.2°c falling

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
25 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Honestly if I hear the words wintry showers one more time I think I’m going to scream and destroy my phone! I counted five mentions of the words in the latest Met text forecast.

Hopefully real Winter will arrive next week mate. 

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, carl1980 said:

Just been to spike Island in widnes,all green around there,rain/ice pellets showers on and off,few miles up the road still have snow on the grass here skies clearer and colder 1.2°c falling

Same here, been in the higher suburbs of Greater Manchester with no snow  but when I get to my area, which is low down, its like a different world with snow cover that has hardly melted with still slush on side roads.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, Spah1 said:

Going into level 4

Residents should stay at home, unless they have a "reasonable excuse" such as work or education

sledging a reasonable excuse? 

I’m sure it’s exercise and that’s still allowed although No doubt the COVID police would beg to differ.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

1.1°C here now and falling but surprisingly my Crosby station is down to -0.3°C. Perhaps there is a very cold layer of air low down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Latest BBC forecast shows overnight snow showers moving well inland so there maybe a covering for some in the morning.

it also showed further weather fronts heading south out of Scotland and across Northern England both later tomorrow and on New Years Day so still a bit of interest in what has quickly turned into a bit of a bore fest.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Latest BBC forecast shows overnight snow showers moving well inland so there maybe a covering for some in the morning.

it also showed further weather fronts heading south out of Scotland and across Northern England both later tomorrow and on New Years Day so still a bit of interest in what has quickly turned into a bit of a bore fest.

Yes it’s odd the forecast keeps changing one minute going west then heading for us !  Anyway we still have plenty on the ground but it can go now it’s turning to sheet ice thank goodness I swept the snow off my garden steps while I could. I’ve learned the hard way.!!  
At least I can toboggan on my own on my own field if things get really bad!! 

• Like 4

Posted
51 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

1.1°C here now and falling but surprisingly my Crosby station is down to -0.3°C. Perhaps there is a very cold layer of air low down.

There's a station nearby that's registering -1C.. of course it's always way lower than other surrounding stations. The one in question is probably too close to a wall, or the ground, as it never seems to correlate the one down the road, which is always closer to other stations in the area. Wunderground can be a little iffy for station sighting. I'm sure your Crosby station is correct, as you do seem to have a little frost hollow in your old place. 

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather
2 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Hopefully real Winter will arrive next week mate. 

Tuesday is looking good for us I think!!

• Like 1

Posted

After a mainly foggy day, the frost has set in quickly and the car windscreen was frozen by 6pm.

the strange thing is that although it’s fine, the door bell camera is showing what looks like falling snow so maybe it’s picking up the dampness in the air.

• Like 2