Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Dec 2020 onwards

Posted

Beast From the East? More like Least From the East...

I can’t believe how badly our part of Lincs, and the region in general has done out of this set-up. Barely a flake overnight. Luck of the draw I suppose. 

• Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 8.2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry guys. My mums still in a really bad way. I just wanted to post to quickly say tonight in my opinin is being underestimated. The trend today has been to keep the front as all snow

Last one from me, great day...just stopped now so 11 hours of snow 👍👏👏 Hope those that missed out get some soon 🤞👍  

Around 50cm has fallen across the highest parts of the North York Moors yesterday. Went for a walk this morning at Newgate Bank. Around 30cm of fresh powdery snow underfoot and quite difficult to

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
    28 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Last post from me regarding snow with feeling underwhelmed 😏.

Radar seems to be forming some big showers in the circled area. If this keeps up maybe there's hope

Screenshot_20210209-081340_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ce5bf52712c419ddad85d981b3cf79f0.jpg

Love your optimism @Craigers!  I can see a few light showers making as far as us in the west of the region but I think they will mostly fizzle out around Goole/Thorne as they did yesterday.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Frost and long summer nights.
    Just now, HellItsHot said:

Beast From the East? More like Least From the East...

I can’t believe how badly our part of Lincs, and the region in general has done out of this set-up. Barely a flake overnight. Luck of the draw I suppose. 

Yeah been crap here as well, literally on the edge of all the snow bands yesterday and last night, watching the radar was painful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

It's the lack of snow for me. Yeah we're getting the low temps and good wind chill values but the snow hasn't materialised.

When you think we've got -10 850s over a sea of about 6c then that 16c difference should have created so much more. Similar values to Dec 2010 I believe and look how different that was.

Also looking back to march 18 with the beast, we got loads then too. I was excited cuz this one was about a month earlier but it's just not happened.

Can't win em all, and it's always enjoyable being on here reading and chatting with you guys. At least the last few weeks build up and model watching has kept us entertained during lockdown 😊👍

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons
    10 minutes ago, oldmucker said:

bit of a blizzard in hornsea 🙂

That's just reached me ..  I must be snow obsessed as I'm reading the threads here, watching the
    BBC1 forecast and the 'blizzard' outside all at the same time !  lol

• Like 1
    Posted

At least we still have  covering, but not too exciting. Next street across from us had fun n games with silly drivers attempting to slalom downhill, I'm hoping our lot see sense and leave their cars at home, it seldom ends well on a hill... 

Posted

Stunned as to how much snow we had late yesterday and overnight, now looking dry for the rest of the week, but it has been brill overall.

Posted

Carol on the bbc forecast, looked very positive for snow in our region for today, tonight and tomorrow!!

Posted

Few of here before the sun gets to work on the snow will take this but us it greedy for wanting or expecting more?

20210209_085004.jpg

20210209_085019.jpg

20210209_075048.jpg

20210209_075016.jpg

20210209_074239.jpg

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
    3 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

That's just reached me ..  I must be snow obsessed as I'm reading the threads here, watching the
    BBC1 forecast and the 'blizzard' outside all at the same time !  lol

It's still going!! 

20210209_085651.jpg

20210209_085622.jpg

• Like 2
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, Stocksbridgesheff said:

Carol on the bbc forecast, looked very positive for snow in our region for today, tonight and tomorrow!!

I can see the stuff, it's covering the ground, just about, it's just not falling out of the sky

Posted

Better shower activity already today here, it seems north and west yorks are getting some bigger heavier showers this morning.

As of now, most showers seem to be north of Sheffield...but mainly further north than that even.

A big gap in Lincolnshire and parts of south yorks and derbyshire this morning so far.

Posted

About 2cm here with flurries on and off, expected a lot more but at least we’ve seen some, definitely helps the snow falling overnight as during the day yesterday it wouldn’t settle and everything was just wet 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow

I've been hearing that this winter could possibly be a teaser winter, I've never heard this before until this winter lol is this actually a thing and has anyone ever experience one? 😂🤦🏽‍♀️ I didn't take much notice but since this easterly teased us the way it has I'm beginning to wonder 😬 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Snow & Warm lazy Summer Days

Over night showers have done the trick, 😁 first proper covering of the year, got about 5-6 cm, a few small drifts on exposed country roads 👍

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Penistone - NW of Sheffield, W of Barnsley - 244m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - lots of Snow - Warm, as-long-as-it's-dry days
  • Location: Penistone - NW of Sheffield, W of Barnsley - 244m asl

Nothing to write home about in Penistone, through to Barnsley.

The direction has shifted more easterly now, yesterday, showers coming in over Hornsea were a direct hit for us, now they're drifting off northwards of us. Maybe, just maybe if the direction shifts a slight bit more, a true easterly may set in and the Humber will get to work on the air coming over the North Sea.

We can but hope I suppose 🤣🙏

Edited by stupotlee
    Autocorrect interference
    • Like 1
    Posted

2-3cms tops still awaiting the big streamers that were being talked about 

7F604A74-EAA9-4EAE-AFE9-D243F9B9D837.jpeg

A466ECD7-E37D-499D-9FE7-C857BBBFC896.jpeg

Posted
    51 minutes ago, Always a red said:

I wouldn`t bet against that being the case but you would think they would have said on BEEB alot of doubt etc and started to backtrack as the forecasts after ECM 0Z data

Hell of alot can change between now and then for good and bad if its snow you want IMO

Models will continue shift/flip a bit to the West and to the East in each of the future runs. Eventually this kind of deep cold pools end up between Aegean sea and Turkey. They always ridge way too East than initially forecasted. 

• Like 1
    Posted

and now we have bright sunshine in S11, so that thin coating of snow we're clinging on to won't be around for much longer 😞

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
    34 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

Stunned as to how much snow we had late yesterday and overnight, now looking dry for the rest of the week, but it has been brill overall.

and its still going

Posted
    43 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Love your optimism @Craigers!  I can see a few light showers making as far as us in the west of the region but I think they will mostly fizzle out around Goole/Thorne as they did yesterday.

Yeah your right! Thought it would make it further. Not expecting anything here now 😄

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

The only way to get to nursery today was by sled... 

A nice amount of snow in Scunny now..

Enough for fun but nothing causing any havoc on the roads (back roads aren't great)

Easily pushing 10cm I'm the park but this was on grass so who knows.. 

Posted

Seems to of pepped up here, nothing heavy just steady continuous snow for last half hour or so and looking at the radar without jinxing it the showers are  all perfectly aligned to pass straight through here 

Posted

Back garden 10 mins ago, bright sun, but no sign of melting. A few more showers this morning adding to overnight and yesterday's falls

20210209_092321.jpg

• Like 7