Jump to content
Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Dec 2020 onwards


Craigers
 Share

Recommended Posts

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

    Just a wet snizzle shower sadly

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms, heatwaves, extreme weather
  • Location: Sheffield
    1 minute ago, wrcstarlet said:

    Plenty up near owler bar this morning. A little adventure. Wind chill was brutal

    CE6C1131-5B75-46E8-8B2C-51C96B98AEAD.jpeg

    D423B6D7-E928-4ED2-97DA-927D001E84B9.jpeg

    DDFCCA67-40E5-496C-B41E-DC641FE05CF8.jpeg

    FB162030-4E4E-460D-A543-6E19B1AACBB9.jpeg

    Can I share these on Twitter, please? (with credit) 🙂 

    Edited by Steel City Skies
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Skirlaugh, East Yorkshire
  • Location: Skirlaugh, East Yorkshire
    33 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

    Latest snow accumulation graphics for 6pm tomorrow

    EURO4

    image.thumb.png.9b9955303894a88f847d16768961197c.png

    If that EURO4 chart came to fruition then I give up! 🤨

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire 120m asl
  • Location: Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire 120m asl
    5 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

    Can I share these on Twitter, please? (with credit) 🙂 

    Yes no problem. 

    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

    Snizzle turned into snow pellets.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Hornsea, East Riding
  • Weather Preferences: snow
  • Location: Hornsea, East Riding
    3 minutes ago, reef said:

    If that EURO4 chart came to fruition then I give up! 🤨

    Me too the only green patch on the entire eastern side of the uk is over hornsea and immediate inland areas. How could that possibly happen? What is it about this place that seems to repel the snow LOL

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Hull
  • Location: Hull
    12 minutes ago, oldmucker said:

    Me too the only green patch on the entire eastern side of the uk is over hornsea and immediate inland areas. How could that possibly happen? What is it about this place that seems to repel the snow LOL

    Every chart you see is different. And those snow charts are horrendous at best 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

    and just flurries to look forward too. Oh well what snow we got is slowly thawing.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Hornsea, East Riding
  • Weather Preferences: snow
  • Location: Hornsea, East Riding
    1 minute ago, Light Without Heat said:

    Every chart you see is different. And those snow charts are horrendous at best 

    Yes best to just look out of window once you get the general setup ha ha

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

    On the whole snizzle story Vs proper showers in Scotland I took a look at the satellite which is informative in looking for features further out and it looks like most of this snizzle is actually just the low cloud base generating a bit of convection. The proper showers in Scotland are separated from the cloud base.

    I should say in 2018 we had a cloud clump with gave the most persistent snow overnight so it's not all bad if it gets heavier.

    Looking at the North Sea it's about the middle where things are less based so we have to wait for this stuff to blow west unless it's been generated as it approaches land.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire 99m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
  • Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire 99m ASL

    Where has the excitement gone? 

    Has there been downgrades? 🤔

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire, 110m
  • Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire, 110m
    3 minutes ago, snow*please said:

    Where has the excitement gone? 

    Has there been downgrades? 🤔

    No downgrades, not sure why there's such negativity in here around todays snow, we were never really forecast anything in the first place! 

    Tomorrow is the one, and don't be disheartened if the precip graphics and weather apps aren't showing any snow in your exact location, these events are very unpredictable by nature. 

    As many of us know, the best thing to do is load up the radar and start checking the lamp-post. 

    • Like 5
    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Beverley, E Yorks, 19m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!
  • Location: Beverley, E Yorks, 19m ASL

    image.thumb.png.18aeb38ac25e73183f6c40394fa8e421.png

    Looks like high level (cirrus?) cloud from the depression to the SE is inhibiting showers for our region at the moment. Hopefully this will pull away E or SE over the next few hours. You can see the streamers underneath, such as the small one coming in near Flamborough.

    • Like 3
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire 99m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
  • Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire 99m ASL
    1 minute ago, ChezWeather said:

    No downgrades, not sure why there's such negativity in here around todays snow, we were never really forecast anything in the first place! 

    Tomorrow is the one, and don't be disheartened if the precip graphics and weather apps aren't showing any snow in your exact location, these events are very unpredictable by nature. 

    As many of us know, the best thing to do is load up the radar and start checking the lamp-post. 

    Thanks. I thought today was never really supposed to deliver anyways. I have been watching monday and tuesday, so didn't really understand the lack of excitement. 

    Cant wait for lampost watching, although the LED ones have killed that a little lol

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Hull
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
  • Location: Hull
    2 minutes ago, Muffelchen said:

    image.thumb.png.18aeb38ac25e73183f6c40394fa8e421.png

    Looks like high level (cirrus?) cloud from the depression to the SE is inhibiting showers for our region at the moment. Hopefully this will pull away E or SE over the next few hours. You can see the streamers underneath, such as the small one coming in near Flamborough.

    Going as planned so far. Metoffice forecast map has shower coming back in after midnight.

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Louth,Lincolnshire
  • Location: Louth,Lincolnshire
    16 minutes ago, Light Without Heat said:

    Every chart you see is different. And those snow charts are horrendous at best 

    I wouldn't take the snow charts seriously best to stick to radar watch 👍

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Bramley, Rotherham - 114M ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
  • Location: Bramley, Rotherham - 114M ASL
    7 minutes ago, snow*please said:

    Thanks. I thought today was never really supposed to deliver anyways. I have been watching monday and tuesday, so didn't really understand the lack of excitement. 

    Cant wait for lampost watching, although the LED ones have killed that a little lol

    These new street lights are very annoying aren't they lol! I really miss that lovely orange glow we used to get when it snowed at night with the old lamps. That used to be a very unique atmosphere.

    Let's hope we get plenty in the day time next week too 🌨️

    Edited by Winter Cold
    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Sunny Scunny. 52m (170ft) A.S.L.
  • Location: Sunny Scunny. 52m (170ft) A.S.L.
    4 minutes ago, Muffelchen said:

    image.thumb.png.18aeb38ac25e73183f6c40394fa8e421.png

    Looks like high level (cirrus?) cloud from the depression to the SE is inhibiting showers for our region at the moment. Hopefully this will pull away E or SE over the next few hours. You can see the streamers underneath, such as the small one coming in near Flamborough.

    Possibly Stratocumulus, expect things to develop more widely later tonight and early hours of the morning, where the streamers set up should give some decent accumulations, bit of patience me thinks today.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Beverley, E Yorks, 19m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!
  • Location: Beverley, E Yorks, 19m ASL
    3 minutes ago, John90 said:

    Going as planned so far. Metoffice forecast map has shower coming back in after midnight.

    Been a bit 'close but no cigar' today. I thought we were good to go last night when the snow lay but then the temperature rose, the rain came back and it all melted.... Today has just been snowy spits in the wind in the main, with a few heavier bits with some graupel lying on the floor for 20 mins, then it all melts away again. No sledging on Westwood today!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Beverley, E Yorks, 19m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!
  • Location: Beverley, E Yorks, 19m ASL
    2 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

    These new street lights are very annoying aren't they lol! I really miss that lovely orange glow we used to get when it snowed at night with the old lamps. That used to be a very unique atmosphere.

    Let's hope we get plenty in the day time next week too 🌨️

    We have these too, however, the next street over still has some (six) of the orange sodium lights and, during the very heavy snow with the big flakes last night, I could see that effect from 100m or so away. Brought back fond memories.... Might need to move streets!

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: South Yorkshire Barnsley 66m ASL
  • Location: South Yorkshire Barnsley 66m ASL
    2 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

    Met now showing 2 full days of non stop snow for my area now that would be aamzing 😛 we can dream ... 🙂

    Watch those symbols turn more to heavy ones too 

    • Like 2
    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...