Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
3 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Absolute peach of a EURO4 run 

image.thumb.png.0bc5a81a2900c9e9a95e496f342831ea.png

This perfectly illustrates my map i made few weeks back.

Screenshot_20210201-191916_Maps.thumb.jpg.805c06c45e3f3bf55435817ca2672398.jpg3E4869F9-5DE3-497B-9643-81317B9F8F64.jpeg.da17f5255d3ae300349d6d23b5f445a3.thumb.jpeg.9cda69b280dcd166cd81d474f15e9b2f.jpeg

Edited by Craigers
  • Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Absolute peach of a EURO4 run 

image.thumb.png.0bc5a81a2900c9e9a95e496f342831ea.png

Yes where did that come from?? How do we interpret that, does it mean widespread showers or is it widespread snow??

Posted
2 minutes ago, farmans said:

Yes where did that come from?? How do we interpret that, does it mean widespread showers or is it widespread snow??

Means the showers have upgraded 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, farmans said:

Streamers, textbook example of a Humber streamer (this is the actual precip chart for Monday 9am rather than the accumulated one)

image.thumb.png.ed3e3420c8871913bb4e177c11c357a6.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Temp falling (along with the rain) here from 06:00 this morning when it was 5.7°C to 4.2°C now. No point in reporting the Dew as it's been at 100% and 99% sine midnight Thursday. I am looking for this to drop first, then the temperature, as the air mass changes.

Been a poor winter for snow here but it's looking good for this week. The kids can't wait.....been a few years since they have been sledging! However, everyone from here and Hull descends on Westwood in such situations so likely a spike in Covid cases to follow....

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Anyone else finding these last few hours of countdown excruciating

So close now to the best spell since 2018 potentially. I just want the snow to start ?️

Yeah I’ve just spent the last two hours learning about adiabatic lapse rates in the hope a can find out when, how, why and how much snow we will get. My head hurts. Just going to watch the radar 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, SouthYorks said:

Euro4 showing light snow showers around the region tomorrow, but mostly in North and West Yorkshire.  As the snow edges up from the South East towards Lincolnshire during the day this tends to kills off the showers over Yorkshire in the evening and the early part of the night.

In the early hours of Monday the streamers start up and currently I’d say any where in a line from the Humber heading in WSW direction is likely to get lots of showers, and maybe a few extended spells.  So inland areas such a Rotherham, Sheffield and Chesterfield all look good to me based on current shower prediction.  I’m not saying other areas won’t see snow, but I think South Yorkshire/North Derbyshire will be the sweet spot.

6DE98897-B313-444F-91AE-B6197E6DEB49.png

7B60122F-DF3D-4B9E-B361-6DFEE7CBB4B9.png

0815A255-4EAC-4DFE-869C-06A472A3540B.png

1F475B43-50A8-4E83-8F5B-B2F133D8E4F3.png

D4E8B276-FC58-4649-BF9C-6C63CC4437A9.png

C2091D3E-2135-4FCB-B4DE-C66AED7CCCB9.png

Just to quote my own post from earlier which showed the streamers across the region but particularly looking at the one directed WSW from the Humber to South Yorks/North Derbyshire, here is the snow accumulation chart for the run on its final frame.  It illustrates perfectly if you get under the streamer, you’ll see plenty of snow on the ground!

28D532F3-8EDE-4EBC-9D3C-9A215886D88A.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme in Winter , Cricket Weather in Summer , Golf weather all year

Just been up to the cricket ground to switch the camera on and it's 4c and heavy rain with very occasional sleety bits , that's at 170ft ASL ( Normanby Park , just north of Scunthorpe ) , back at home ( 15ft ASL ) I've got 5c and rain , just under 20mm since midnight

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Just to quote my own post from earlier which showed the streamers across the region but particularly looking at the one directed WSW from the Humber to South Yorks/North Derbyshire, here is the snow accumulation chart for the run on its final frame.  It illustrates perfectly if you get under the streamer, you’ll see plenty of snow on the ground!

once them showers start coming in could be  good few hours worth

• Like 1

Posted

Were finallu seeing hi-res pick up shower potential. The upgrades will keep coming now in my eyes!

Sunday convection looks a little shallow but i wouldnt rule out a few cms somewhere!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
2 hours ago, CasMan said:

That's right  barnsdale road is a flood plain and floods regularly this will be 3rd time this winter so far 

Yes been out with a neighbours dog as they’ve had a operation and localised flooding all over here

Amber ??

FA9043BB-F86F-4125-BB89-57379D623FD5.jpeg

57227891-84C8-4C4F-AC26-8B60E545EDCD.jpeg

C3AFD58C-7496-4EEF-BD50-2F9C4A6A4277.jpeg

Posted

The upgrade from the Euro4 is very welcome, seemed really strange when watching some of the precipitation models blasting quite intensive streamers/bands into the coast for them to just disappear and make no progress inland. They’re bound to be surprises during this spell and I would imagine upgrades. Can’t wait!!! 

Edited by Danns
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
1 minute ago, Danns said:

The upgrade from the Euro4 is very welcome, seemed really strange when watching some of the precipitation models blasting quite intensive streamers/bands into the coast for them to just disappear and make no progress inland. They’re bound to be surprises during this spell and I would imagine upgrades. Can’t wait!!! 

Posted
7 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

I assume the volumes showing in the central spine of the region is due to the orographic lift?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
Just now, oldmucker said:

although if it does actually snow in hornsea ( like hens teeth ) the rest of the region will be plastered!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, fazzafarrand said:

Yes been out with a neighbours dog as they’ve had a operation and localised flooding all over here

Amber ??

FA9043BB-F86F-4125-BB89-57379D623FD5.jpeg

57227891-84C8-4C4F-AC26-8B60E545EDCD.jpeg

C3AFD58C-7496-4EEF-BD50-2F9C4A6A4277.jpeg

It beggars belief that yet again the Met Office have failed to issue a weather warning for the current conditions. We have seen rain in South Yorkshire now for about 18 hours, and at times it’s been very heavy.  The current Yellow Warning for today starts at 15.00 and covers the snow and ice risk tonight, nothing for the rain we have and the flooding that is already occurring across the region.

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
5 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Were finallu seeing hi-res pick up shower potential. The upgrades will keep coming now in my eyes!

Sunday convection looks a little shallow but i wouldnt rule out a few cms somewhere!

Afternoon Scott, braced and ready for this?

I've updated our neighbours on WhatsApp as the last Amber warning we had that you did very well out of, left a dusting before it pulled itself together to deliver in God's country. They then said, thought you said its gonna snow.

This time, I think they are getting the message.

Been up the road to Valehouse Reservoir next to the A628 Woodhead pass. Temp dropped from 6 to 3 degrees in an hour and a half.

As per the flooding on your side, all the chain of reservoirs are full and the bypass into Valehouse is in full flow.

https://amz.netweather.tv/monthly_2021_02/20210206_114407.mp4.aefadf94204cf8741e479bd1475dd00f.mp4

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Screenshot_20210206_141325_com.twitter.android.jpg

Looking at the circled area Yorkshire will have a few surprises 

20210206_141316.jpg

Ww could see 15-20cms from this monday i believe but could be 50 miles north or south of that position come the day

• Like 3

Posted

Hi gang,

Not posted in here for a while. All set for the fun and games! Bit of sleet in the rain here just west of Penistone I’m about 250M ASL  hoping we can all get in on the action in the next couple of days. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Now 2C.

Eastern bit of the front is about to leave Norwich, keep an eye on dew points in East Anglia the next few hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing fog heatwave thunderstorm

Ward green Barnsley approximately 150asl sleety bits in the rain now. Getting colder now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing fog heatwave thunderstorm
Just now, weathermadbarnsleylad said:

Ward green Barnsley approximately 150asl sleety bits in the rain now. Getting colder now. 

Not much else to do seen as a the barnsley game off booooo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
2 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Ww could see 15-20cms from this monday i believe but could be 50 miles north or south of that position come the day

Looks good, I suppose after the event, we can compare the simulation with the actual snow left on our doorsteps.

• Like 2

Posted

There's plenty of sleety ice content in this heavy rain here in Shafton, Barnsley, just done the windscreen test sat in the car on the drive.

• Like 2