Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

2 minutes ago, super_claret said:

Any updates for tonight’s chances here in Pateley Bridge.  BBC says sleet up to midnight then dry all day tomorrow.  Met Office light snow tonight and occasional light snow tomorrow.  Must say, Met Office forecast yesterday said North would be dry so beginning to think this is going to be disappointing for here.  Hope everywhere else is lucky.

You know what they say...

"avoid the apps to avoid a flap"

"give the radar a go to be in the know"

Posted

Signed up to report , From the early hours, it was rain / heavy rain in Wadsworth West Yorks, and then around 8am, maybe a bit earlier, it was going from heavy snow to just in the air. Nothing sticking. Now, nothing by the looks of it! Drizzle rubbish maybe.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
4 minutes ago, Light Without Heat said:

Beeb forecast looks kak. All the concentration for the far SE. The graphics are dreadful it showed nothing till Monday which is totally against most other output. 

Maybe there is a bit of a question about how many showers we will see on Sunday butI wouldn't worry too much. The BBC graphics never show showers properly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Well it's going to be an ice rink tomorrow morning here in NW Leeds. It's hammering it down with rain and with overnight lows of -3c it won't be much fun on the roads and pavements in the morning. 

Posted
24 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

You know what they say...

"avoid the apps to avoid a flap"

"give the radar a go to be in the know"

I know what you are saying but the Met Office forecast was a video forecast not the app.  Would be nice to get a covering overnight tonight. I hate cold rain...roll on summer

Posted

Finding ourselves slap bang under a dry spot. The moaning southerners have stolen our snow after crying about it not being south enough last week. All those tears must have increased the moisture levels.

Fingers crossed guys and gals we see something. Maybe have to rely on the streamer set up possibilities 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mikey Skins said:

Finding ourselves slap bang under a dry spot. The moaning southerners have stolen our snow after crying about it not being south enough last week. All those tears must have increased the moisture levels.

Fingers crossed guys and gals we see something. Maybe have to rely on the streamer set up possibilities 

A month ago I would have been one of those southerners! The weather always seemed frustrating down there, snow always North of the m4 etc. My only conclusion is that I’ve brought the snow shield with me. Sorry guys. 

• Like 2

Posted

It's now sleeting / blowing about in the air / raining again but not settling.

And by the time I've typed it, and wondered whether to bother posting such an update, it's stopped / gone back to drizzle Very on and off. I'll post when any real action starts  

I've lurked for a few years. I call you my beloved weather geeks... You make me weather geeky, that and living high up on a hill. Snow in the winter, storm chasing in the summer... 

After a long few weeks, I did tell some people on Mon/Tues that, it could still downgrade, but the models are aligning and the geeks aren't sleeping, so... ❤️

Thank you. You have helped me prepare for this one, just in case it is like a beast. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Heavy sleet here already. Amounts falling is well beyond what was forecast and wasn't meant to turn to sleet till this afternoon.

Could be some surprise early snowfall.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny dry winters, long summer nights.
3 minutes ago, John90 said:

A month ago I would have been one of those southerners! The weather always seemed frustrating down there, snow always North of the m4 etc. My only conclusion is that I’ve brought the snow shield with me. Sorry guys. 

Yeah I feel your pain i moved up a couple of years ago, had snow a few miles north an and south of me this winter and going by the models looks like I’m going to miss out again this time.

I’m just going to watch the radar from tonight I think and have a break from the models and threads good luck to all the get the white stuff

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

I moved up in the Summer of 2010 and within 6 months I had seen 40cms of snow and regular -10c temperatures!  I thought that was how every winters were in Yorkshire! 

Still I have done well since and have high hopes for this spell.  Fingers crossed guys!  ❄❄❄

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Love Snow said:

Constant rain here temp around 3.9c why can’t this be snow  

Colder air is already entering the northern borders of North Yorkshire and wind is gradually picking up. 

• Like 2

Posted
34 minutes ago, Light Without Heat said:

Beeb forecast looks kak. All the concentration for the far SE. The graphics are dreadful it showed nothing till Monday which is totally against most other output. 

dont worry ....it might be a slow start for East Yorkshire with limited precipitation about on Sun. However with the -8 to -12 isotherm over us for 6 days we will get snow .....yes even for Hull and Beverley , Driff  etc !

im just going to relax and enjoy the ride ( will not even watch the radar which can spoil it ....so it will be like the old days ! ) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
Just now, rotherhamsnowman said:

Calm down folks, the cold isn't due to arrive here properly until tonight, rain will turn to snow later on. Keep the faith guys!!

Yes I never expected to see any wintriness at my elevation until 6pm or 7pm this evening.  I hope not too as I have things to do before (snow) lockdown begins! 

Posted

I’m working on my philosophy of being pessimistic, that way things always turn out better than expected.

It’s going to be an interesting week anyway. Monday booked off work too so very good timing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,lightning,hot and sunny

I'm off work self isolating until later next week, so don't need to struggle to get to work up in the hills above Sheffield. Lots of radar watching for me.

Posted

I think there is some model fatigue setting in. I also think I may be ready for a break and turn to lamppost watching and keep everything crossed for us all. 

I think our best chances are Mon to tue 

As old Bon Jovi always says boys and girls....

Keep the faith.....

• Like 2

Posted

Dew points dropping nicely now of the coast according to xc weather 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Snow already showing over Wales and Pennines, far earlier than predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

hi

Seems a bit odd that Icon has literally nothing on the East side by monday 9am all the way from North East Right down to the Wash?

That seems a massive area of Yorkshire right near the easterly to get Zilch?

Are we assuming it doesnt factor in showers?

image.thumb.png.657e4ed1d18057c4837f4698059d0cef.png