Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter
2 minutes ago, Mikey Skins said:

Even where I am in the ant snow vortex of North Notts/South Yorks/Lincs border this is starting to look like we may get a pasting....

25 more hours them I'm going to say the B word  

What Blizzards. Lol

Posted
1 minute ago, sorepaw1 said:

What Blizzards. Lol

This is looking like a memorable spell of wintry goodness for us all and anything over 10cm I'm taking as a win win. 

Been a very long time coming seeing charts like these. 

Stay on target.........

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.
6 hours ago, mike57 said:

In Bempton we had wet snow this morning but it didnt stick, on my lunchtime bike ride I gain another 40m up into the Wolds, and this was just enough to give a slight slushy covering in places. Very cold and wet though 3C at best, but I think what has killed it is the dewpoint as this rose above 0C this morning.

Looking interesting for Sunday & Monday ! 

Will there finally be snow falling on the east coast of Yorkshire this winter OR will it be rain / sleet OR miss completely ? 

Posted
1 minute ago, matt brid said:

Looking interesting for Sunday & Monday ! 

Will there finally be snow falling on the east coast of Yorkshire this winter OR will it be rain / sleet OR miss completely ? 

Especially Sunday night. 

Strong winds blizzards anyone. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Matt Jones said:

I feel your pain, nothing but cold rain here all winter, last decent spell here was December 2010, managed a foot of snow then. Even the so called beast from the east 18 delivered little snow here as it was cold but fairly dry. I always feel low lying areas next to east coast here need -10 uppers+ to deliver anything substantial. Best hope has got to be early next week but even that is on a knife edge.   

December 2010 was a winter wonderland in Bridlington and for many parts of England. 

Christmas was beautiful and about 4 inches of snow on the ground from earlier falls. 

Went for amazing walks on the seafront and the actual beach. Brid harbour had some ice in it also ! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, sorepaw1 said:

Especially Sunday night. 

Strong winds blizzards anyone. 

That's certainly hard to imagine after all the rain here this winter. 

Been horrible today in a south easterly wind which had finally gone round to a southerly. 

What are the chances of blowing snow ? 

Posted
15 minutes ago, matt brid said:

That's certainly hard to imagine after all the rain here this winter. 

Been horrible today in a south easterly wind which had finally gone round to a southerly. 

What are the chances of blowing snow ? 

Strong chance of blowing snow I'll post a full forecast for east riding of Yorkshire and north Yorkshire this Friday night and a list of roads likely to be affected by snow.

Usual routes really. 

A165 Bridlington to Scarborough 

A171 whitby Teesside areas.

B1249 Driffield to Langtoft / Scarborough 

B1253 Octon  to Sledmere 

Sledmere to Fridaythorpe. 

B1230 Beverley to North Cave.

Harris Hill Market Weighton. 

Posted

I look forward to the weekend

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

UKMO 00z fax at 120(12z not out yet)

fax120s.thumb.gif.124c7e1556c7303bf8a219cbf481253a.gif

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

GFS about as consistent as bumbling Boris and changes it mind and revives the beast. ECM drifts slightly towards last evenings GFS. UKMO carries possibly slightly less cold than yesterday. One thing to keep an eye is the slight drift towards a more south easterly component.

So at the moment beast fully back on agenda will be kicked off tonight the tension builds.

On a side note notice thats my Davis is reading 0.5C too low.

• Thanks 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, The PIT said:

GFS about as consistent as bumbling Boris and changes it mind and revives the beast. ECM drifts slightly towards last evenings GFS. UKMO carries possibly slightly less cold than yesterday. One thing to keep an eye is the slight drift towards a more south easterly component.

So at the moment beast fully back on agenda will be kicked off tonight the tension builds.

On a side note notice thats my Davis is reading 0.5C too low.

you really are a bundle of joy aren't you , always looking at the negatives! just enjoy the ride

• Like 1

Posted

Morning! Yesterday's snow was proper powder quality, heavy rain for hours and there's still almost full coverage. Some forecasts regarding temps were way off (especially BBC). 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

1.2c here this morning.  Really surprised how cold it is still here with plenty of snow cover.

I am sure we were forecast 5c by this morning only yesterday on the met office app?  Signs of the cold air hanging on longer than expected?

Models look great this morning for cold and snow for our region from Sunday onwards with no real end in sight ❄❄

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Kentish Snowman in Yorks said:

1.2c here this morning.  Really surprised how cold it is still here with plenty of snow cover.

I am sure we were forecast 5c by this morning only yesterday on the met office app?  Signs of the cold air hanging on longer than expected?

Models look great this morning for cold and snow for our region from Sunday onwards with no real end in sight ❄❄

Yeh I was expecting it all to be gone with that heavy rain we had for a few hours last night but its hung on , cold, foggy, icy when I took dog out at 7am  weekend looks exciting for much of yorkshire some areas could see double what they have had recently

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
1 minute ago, Kentish Snowman in Yorks said:

When I finished work at North side of Sheffield at 10 o'clock last night I was expecting to get in car with temperature on car saying something like 4 or 5'C but it was only 1'C rising to 2'C when I got home to East side of Rotherham. 

Still plenty of Snow about on ground, hope it can just hang on till weekend. 

Posted

One thing for sure this thread will be buzzing with radar images and mini radar predictions from this Saturday! Nothing better than watching that north sea get angry with loads of showers then tracking them all the way to your location. CANT WAIT ✌?

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, Craigers said:

One thing for sure this thread will be buzzing with radar images and mini radar predictions from this Saturday! Nothing better than watching that north sea get angry with loads of showers then tracking them all the way to your location. CANT WAIT ✌?

best stock up on coffee! some night lates will be had in here

• Like 1

Posted

Can someone give me a general idea of North Yorkshire's chances under an Easterly component as I'm new to the area? I guess a NorthEasterly flow is better for streamers? Or an Easterly is also good and showers reach the area without fragmenting? Thanks! 

Posted
Just now, Craigers said:

The first could come as soon as saturday night into sunday morning according to the arpege. Currently showing conditions right from 7am sunday morning but dont be surprised if we see snow from the diving low pressure saturday day nearer to time!

Screenshot_20210203-080545_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

The first could come as soon as saturday night into sunday morning according to the arpege. Currently showing conditions right from 7am sunday morning but dont be surprised if we see snow from the diving low pressure saturday day nearer to time!

Screenshot_20210203-080545_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've been keeping and eye on this one. Charts have been hinting this for last 3 days

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Craigers said:

I've been keeping and eye on this one. Charts have been hinting this for last 3 days

Your right mate yeah they certainly have! Cant wait for thursday 12z to take a look at hi res

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Scott Ingham said:

Your right mate yeah they certainly have! Cant wait for thursday 12z to take a look at hi res

Never thought I'd say this but this potentially could match or better 2010 depending how unstable the flow gets. Hopefully for Yorkshire were not in a gap and Northumberland getting a right old pasting as usual.

• Like 2