Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no
38 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Icon 18z identical to UKMO 12Z Epic run from yesterday. (Steve Murr)

I gotta feeling ..woooo hooooo

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Tuesday still looking good for about 6-7 hours of snow according to  NMM, Harmonie, Arome, Arpege, ICON and ECM.  GFS and GFSP still less keen on snow for South Yorkshire, although they do give more snow for the North of of our region

574DE944-830A-44C6-8A88-EED79BC4A9A5.png

CD6512F8-2501-4212-AEF3-9DD090461830.png

5103CC13-2D23-40C4-A509-B75067808FF8.png

68E337CC-8813-4F48-ACF4-4FC613FBF553.png

48850F53-A3C0-4513-B8F7-088A48AC3843.png

E6AC7503-E57B-4463-A223-0DE79EEA19AF.jpeg

And just to add, according to the MAD thread, the Easterley is still on, although depending on who you believe it could be starting either Friday or Sunday or Monday!

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Met office want to give my area snow tomorrow Bbc doesn’t seem interested! Funnily enough on the apps it’s normally the other way round. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Some great runs showing on models this morning though I'm not getting too excited yet as they are still about a week away. 

We've been here before. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
17 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

happy charts today looks like an interesting weekend for much of the uk

Aye no complaints from me this morning on the models. Seems like all routes lead to cold, how quick we get there seems to be what the models are trying to work out. 
As bradowl mentioned above though plenty of time for it to go baps up.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

Aye no complaints from me this morning on the models. Seems like all routes lead to cold, how quick we get there seems to be what the models are trying to work out. 
As bradowl mentioned above though plenty of time for it to go baps up.

happy thoughts lol no doom and gloom positive vibes bring positive and snowy charts! we will get  a decent snowfall this month I can feel it

• Like 1

Posted

I think the mad thread don't like yorkshire lol always banging on about the south & midlands! don't think I've ever seen them mention yorkshire!

P.S Yorkshire has had some decent snow over the last few weeks as well!!!

Edited by LeeSnowFan
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning all. I see no big changes regarding tomorrow's event. I think the big question is which areas could possibly carry on with snow until late evening before milder air inevitably wins overnight. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Empire Of Snow said:

Morning all. I see no big changes regarding tomorrow's event. I think the big question is which areas could possibly carry on with snow until late evening before milder air inevitably wins overnight. 

I'm happy just seeing a few hours worth of snow fall just nice to see it, anything more is a bonus 

Edited by LeeSnowFan
  • Like 2

Posted
Just now, LeeSnowFan said:

I think the mad thread don't like yorkshire lol always banging on about the south & midlands! don't think I've ever seen them mention yorkshire!

From my experience this is also the case with weather forums in other European countries and it's somewhat understandable as long as there are no big arguments between North/South members. Areas in Yorkshire had already 2-3 good snow events this winter, Midlands had a decent one and further South needs a proper beast for a good event. 

I can understand the frustration but on the other hand everyone should be polite to other members. We all love our snow and cold weather. It's not easy to have widespread snow events in UK. Even with a - 12 or - 14 Easterly there might be areas without ppn. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
1 hour ago, LeeSnowFan said:

happy charts today looks like an interesting weekend for much of the uk

Potential for -2c Ice days this weekend in rural spots. Going to be fun for the animals if that happens, especially if it coincides with snow.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, cowdog said:

Potential for -2c Ice days this weekend in rural spots. Going to be fun for the animals if that happens, especially if it coincides with snow.

unless you have a dog like mine who hates snow lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

So here we are now at Monday morning, everything is all pretty much on track. Snow event for most our region tomorrow morning could give some Several CMs before unfortunately it looks like it will quickly thaw out Tuesday night through to Thursday before the real fun and games are looking increasingly likely. We are in that time frame that we are going to have some sort of cold spell, but now the question is... For How long, how cold and what the majority of us want to know how much snow potential. The majority of our region really benefits from a proper easterly snow wise, bringing in shower after shower and in some cases streamer after streamer from the North Sea snow machine and with extreme surface temperatures any snow will naturally sick around and accumulate. So hopefully we get this nailed on over the next few days.

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
Added to post
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

I know it’s only through the app so not by any way 100% accurate but gives you an idea at close time frames and it seems to be shifting to hold on to cold Air for slightly longer for my area..Is  anyone else in a different location perhaps further south seeing something similar? 

E5C01075-8C38-4715-B36A-5E9A302C15A5.png

Posted

6z ICON, Arome, NMM, Arpege still looking good from early hours of tomorrow morning.  

I’ve told the wife it’s going to snow, so now she is rushing out to do her weekly supermarket shopping today instead of tomorrow morning, so I’m dead if it doesn’t snow now.  Oh, and I’ve also told her it’s going to be very cold with Easterly winds from next weekend, so if it goes txxxs up now blame me!

C926AE62-7526-43AB-A048-E52D1E177990.png

24F8792A-F94E-4965-BE19-631ADCEF5FD1.png

9983F84F-F342-4E08-851F-24631D5E75DE.png

80604A4A-DFB8-45B4-A6F7-641246DAF61E.png

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

6z ICON, Arome, NMM, Arpege still looking good from early hours of tomorrow morning.  

I’ve told the wife it’s going to snow, so now she is rushing out to do her weekly supermarket shopping today instead of tomorrow morning, so I’m dead if it doesn’t snow now.  Oh, and I’ve also told her it’s going to be very cold with Easterly winds from next weekend, so if it goes txxxs up now blame me!

C926AE62-7526-43AB-A048-E52D1E177990.png

24F8792A-F94E-4965-BE19-631ADCEF5FD1.png

9983F84F-F342-4E08-851F-24631D5E75DE.png

80604A4A-DFB8-45B4-A6F7-641246DAF61E.png

omg rule 101 of snow events don't tell people lol   ooo if tomorow dosen't happen you are in troubleeeeee

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

I know it’s only through the app so not by any way 100% accurate but gives you an idea at close time frames and it seems to be shifting to hold on to cold Air for slightly longer for my area..Is  anyone else in a different location perhaps further south seeing something similar? 

E5C01075-8C38-4715-B36A-5E9A302C15A5.png

4am-9am then sleet to rain

916865C3-A6BD-4E5A-89E5-F976BDF43047.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

To be believed or not!?!?  A few minutes ago it was showing 5 hours of heavy snow!

798E9F42-4D29-4B06-B44D-9F16ED8CD86A.png

And just resfreshed again, and back to snow!

A308C008-9144-4E97-9D69-CD51E6EA2305.png

Just goes to show that these automated forecasts are a complete and utter waste of time!

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 2