Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted

Starting to get exciting in the mad thread again! Can I get excited for snow? Yet to see a flake this winter and I have waited patiently since 2010 !!! 

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Tinker Bell said:

Starting to get exciting in the mad thread again! Can I get excited for snow? Yet to see a flake this winter and I have waited patiently since 2010 !!! 

Dont get excited by anything till i see snow actually falling out the sky. I know nothing about the models and chart watching but until all three main models are in agreement within 24 hours then i dont buy it and even then liable to go belly up. Just hope people on the East Coast and low lying area's get to join in fun this time if anything happens of course. I still think were more likely to get an record breaking warm spell in Feb. But hopefully get an Feb like 86 or 91 lol can dream 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
18 minutes ago, Tinker Bell said:

Unfortunately for you location anything in the semi reliable frame isn’t offering you a great deal at present, However all the talk of the potential easterly in the Mad thread as you call it should it start to deliver in a week or so time should without a doubt put you in the game to.

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

OMG the gfs 6z run! And even Tuesday/Wednesday from the ICON show a potential 24 hour snow event across Yorkshire and Central England!

All before any beasterly potential. The snow fields building all before any easterly. Loving this output❄❄❄

Btw on the Icon run, I am looking at the timeframes from 1pm tuesday to wednesday at 7am and the front is still sat across the county. So still going on after 18hours. Could be a 24 hour event maybe.

Edited by Snowjokes92
  • Like 5

Posted
Just now, Snowjokes92 said:

OMG the gfs 6z run! And even Tuesday/Wednesday from the ICON show a potential 24 hour snow event across Yorkshire and Central England!

All before any beasterly potential. The snow fields building all before any easterly. Loving this output❄❄❄

I know. C'mon weather gods, it would be a dream.

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

oh this comment gave me tingles!! .... 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

oh this comment gave me tingles!! .... 

Its giving me tingles all this. I know things can go wrong, but we can see the potential even before an easterly. The snow would stick around and keep building as days go on providing we have the precipitation and in favoured spots for it. But its looking amazing. 

Might as well make most of the potential and enjoyment before it happens, given everything else going on.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

It is hard not to start getting excited.

I keep reminding myself the last cold spell the other month went up in smoke about 4 days out and then there was the famous easterly implode at T72 in 2012!

But, we do have good model agreement so far and it's looking great.

Would love an appetizer this week and it's great to see the temps have trended down from 7c to 3c now on meto website for Tues! Are we going to see snow which hangs around for a while finally!

Today might be the last time we see 8c for a very long time! ❄️

• Like 2

Posted

Love it when the moment i said there will be upgrades few days back and BOOM here it comes  

Look at the alignment of the strat to the pressure signatures

received_715887715983781.thumb.jpeg.982dccbc01b359617ca388e2fb19b57c.jpegreceived_2956826201220677.thumb.jpeg.275158157c8eb410eadc5da8ae7fb840.jpegreceived_229114995364269.thumb.jpeg.6de65876a03004409a629add02492e72.jpeg

Edited by Craigers
  • Like 6

Posted
Just now, Winter Cold said:

It is hard not to start getting excited.

I keep reminding myself the last cold spell the other month went up in smoke about 4 days out and then there was the famous easterly implode at T72 in 2012!

But, we do have good model agreement so far and it's looking great.

Would love an appetizer this week and it's great to see the temps have trended down from 7c to 3c now on meto website for Tues! Are we going to see snow which hangs around for a while finally!

Today might be the last time we see 8c for a very long time! ❄️

I agree its hard to not get excited, but its the adrenaline rollercoaster ride before a possible big event that makes the whole thing worth while and interesting. Of course it can go wrong, but we stand the best shot now of the winter and support building across the models. Its not too far out and we have some great interest in semi reliable timeframe to look at. 

I keep thinking of the snow event the other thursday and compare it with the even more potential on offer. Possible frequent snow events. Please be true!

Tuesday/Wednesday looks classic.

Hope its the last of any 8c weather too!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
5 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

I agree its hard to not get excited, but its the adrenaline rollercoaster ride before a possible big event that makes the whole thing worth while and interesting. Of course it can go wrong, but we stand the best shot now of the winter and support building across the models. Its not too far out and we have some great interest in semi reliable timeframe to look at. 

I keep thinking of the snow event the other thursday and compare it with the even more potential on offer. Possible frequent snow events. Please be true!

Tuesday/Wednesday looks classic.

Hope its the last of any 8c weather too!

Yes your right. It's the fun of the chase I think that's both very frustrating in the UK, but when we do get that rare win it feels all the more amazing!!

If we did live in a cold country im sure the snow obsession would be a lot less when you know it's guaranteed hehe

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

Just popping in to say hello from the NE thread really hope this Beast from the East delivers for us particularly those in the Eastern parts of the region! It’s been far too long! I’m in Middlesbrough so technically it’s Yorkshire so I’ll be visiting this thread more often! 

welcome to the best regional page

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

welcome to the best regional page

Ha I’ve been following it for a few weeks was slightly jealous when you had all that snow the other week! But fingers crossed the Easterly materialises and we all get buried! Repeat of 2018 would be lovely! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

I usually want weekend to go slow but looking at charts for next week I wish it was Monday in 20 minutes. 

• Like 3

Posted
59 minutes ago, Snowmaggedon said:

Just popping in to say hello from the NE thread really hope this Beast from the East delivers for us particularly those in the Eastern parts of the region! It’s been far too long! I’m in Middlesbrough so technically it’s Yorkshire so I’ll be visiting this thread more often! 

I've been to chopgate and roundhill many times near Middlesbrough. Such a sweet spot for snowboarding

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
57 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

further upgrades again

I dare not look now just in case it all goes pear shaped. Especially now I've been telling people there's a 1947 style freeze on way. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

I dare not look now just in case it all goes pear shaped. Especially now I've been telling people there's a 1947 style freeze on way. 

first rule of big snow event don't people lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Absolutley... Last 3 frames of the icon , This looks like EPIC snowfall .... please , please, please 

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Meteociel propose de manière régulière le modèle à maille fine ICON-EU 0.065° du DWD (météo allemande) sur 5 zones (France, Nord-Ouest, Nord-Est, Sud-Ouest, Sud-Est)

iconeu_uk1-1-114-0.png

iconeu_uk1-1-117-0.png

iconeu_uk1-1-120-0.png

• Like 2