Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
12 minutes ago, Aaron Roberts said:

They're planning on building homes further back up Steanard lane towards Lower Hopton.

I'm glad the defenses are working in the Calder Valley, SB is ok at the moment too. A customer of ours is on the stretch which usually floods, which backs onto the Ryburn.

I know i will be  vice captain ,this year, at the golf club up sands lane.

Posted
14 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

I know i will be  vice captain ,this year, at the golf club up sands lane.

I used to go sledging up there a lot, you'll maybe know Peter Ramsden then....related to me via my Grandma's sister.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
1 minute ago, Aaron Roberts said:

I used to go sledging up there a lot, you'll maybe know Peter Ramsden then....related to me via my Grandma's sister.

Yes i know Peter but don't mention i will be vice as nobody knows yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Some heavy rain now showing up over Wales which may have our name on it if not areas just to the north of us.

Just had wander to the local park as the stream there although most of the time is fairly benign it has flooded Woodseats and those from Sheffield may know where I mean. The last lot of floods removed a lot of Masonry so the path down the ravine if we had the predicted rainfall amounts the path would probably been washed away by now. Yesterday I noticed the council had cleared the Calvert where it passes under Chesterfield road and this evening it was back to pre mostly blocked status as up stream hadn't been cleared at all and debris from tree felling is working it's way down stream. A couple of plods were surveying a blockage further upstream whether they were bored or actually had been sent out to check the flooding prospects. If Woodseats surgery are doing vaccinations they would have to close. I suspect they were bored more than anything and like me had an interest in what the stream was doing.

If it chucks it down tonight I'll have a look tomorrow evening.

Next bit of interest for me is the weather early hours of Tuesday and possible Tuesday itself. A potential slider and snow event for us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Heavy wet snow in ne Wales, up towards Chorley. Anyone think it could be a decent night?.

Posted

Rain mostly going to the north us again

Posted
3 minutes ago, The PIT said:

The problem from a flooding perspective though is the rain is runnong right through the peak district. Its this rain which raises river levels all over south yorkshire down stream

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Looking like we could be getting some eye candy later tonight/early hours of tomorrow for north western parts of our region, potentially moving further east as the night goes on but probably fizzling out as it does. Nothing really special has happened this winter yet (Still Time), but if it doesn’t these little treats now and again I’ll take.

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
  • Like 1

Posted

Rain and fog here with very poor visibility. Temp should start dropping in a couple of hours. Let's see if we manage to get anything better than light sleet later but I can't see DPs falling below zero. 

Posted

Pity it isn't daylight as there's probably a brilliant cloud structure out there from the rain to the north west. You just make it out in the dark,

1 hour ago, The PIT said:

Here in N Sheffield it's been pelting it down from that thin band of rain to the east of that mass of torrential precip towards Mancs.

Posted
21 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

Here in N Sheffield it's been pelting it down from that thin band of rain to the east of that mass of torrential precip towards Mancs.

Yup apart from the radar I could see it.

Now up to 20mm from midnight last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Looking at how intense that precipitation is thats slowly moving east, any chance some of that heavier stuff could result in snow as dew points start to fall?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
Just now, Snowjokes92 said:

Looking at how intense that precipitation is thats slowly moving east, any chance some of that heavier stuff could result in snow as dew points start to fall?

It's all turning to snow in Manchestet already 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, matty40s said:

Thats my thinking,but seeing how intense and slow moving it is, making me wonder if some places could see some significant surprise snow. 

Posted

I think we are on verge of been caught out yet again. Can imagine the roads beem dire once again tomorrow as its all been about flooding and rightfully so. Think most people wont assume any snow would stick with the amount of rain we have had. I know full well that theory hasnt a leg to stand on after last thursday snowfall

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

I think the key is how long the precipitation sticks around once conditions become favourable.

I'd expect due points to go below 1c from about 11-12pm tonight, initially in west and south yorkshire, then to most parts later.

• Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

They are on the right side of colder air to the west and milder air to the east though and rapidly falling due points.

A good sign though is their dew points are currently a couple degrees colder in places than forecast for around 9pm, so could bode well for us I suppose.