Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted

Strange day today in Whitby. Glorious morning, but low cloud and mist came down after lunch and degrees colder for the shirt-sleeved holidaymakers than this morning. Then brightened up a bit this evening but with a cold wind. Back to the North West and Cheshire tomorrow.

Posted

Storm inbound, radar shows some heavy rain, can hear the thunder rumbling. Edit, main storm passing just to our NW

Edited by mike57
Update
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Torrential downpour here now, T & L too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Storm over the S Bank of the Humber at the mo looks interesting. Lots of lightning on Blitzortung and some outflow bands showing up on radar. Can see the top of the Cb from here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!
7 minutes ago, Muffelchen said:

Storm over the S Bank of the Humber at the mo looks interesting. Lots of lightning on Blitzortung and some outflow bands showing up on radar. Can see the top of the Cb from here.

Outflow band headed North and now developed into a cell that's now dropping bolts over Cottingham. Been dry in Bev prety much all day, except for first thing although I have heard thunder and seen lightning for the last few 2.5 hours or so. Might pop into the back garden and see if I can see anything....

Posted

I can certainly hear some rumbling thunder around at the mo'.

• Like 2

Posted

Think my local weather station has had a melt down  Opps wrong Region could a mod moves this to yorkshire lincolnshire one if possible 

Capture+_2021-06-09-13-52-32.png

Edited by Hurricane Andrew

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Radar looking a bit more interesting for tonight.

Posted

I've got 30.4 C  on my shade thermometer here ..
Phew, what a scorcher.
Must admit I'm hoping for some rain soon for the garden .. looks set to
be stormy tomorrow.

B.  

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Beverley Lass said:

I've got 30.4 C  on my shade thermometer here ..
Phew, what a scorcher.
Must admit I'm hoping for some rain soon for the garden .. looks set to
be stormy tomorrow.

B.  

Looking at the various models I think we are going to be on the edge of any storms, you may even do a bit better in Beverley than we do in Bempton. S-i-L in Hull said it was 'boiling' we are fortunate here, a much more pleasant 21 this afternoon, and a nice cooling sea breeze has set in, down to around 19 now.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, mike57 said:

Looking at the various models I think we are going to be on the edge of any storms, you may even do a bit better in Beverley than we do in Bempton. S-i-L in Hull said it was 'boiling' we are fortunate here, a much more pleasant 21 this afternoon, and a nice cooling sea breeze has set in, down to around 19 now.

The sea breeze seems to be very limited today. We're usually always affected by it here 7 miles from the coast but today it hasn't reached us. We hit a max of 27.2C and its still 25.1C, quite unusual to be so warm late into the evening in this neck of the woods.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Feels Absolutely horrific here to say the least on the border with Sheffield the humidity is ridiculous how we have not had a storm yet I do not know.

Posted
3 hours ago, reef said:

The sea breeze seems to be very limited today. We're usually always affected by it here 7 miles from the coast but today it hasn't reached us. We hit a max of 27.2C and its still 25.1C, quite unusual to be so warm late into the evening in this neck of the woods.

Major marked west - east divide taking a line from west coast Cumbria to east Yorkshire coastline. We maxed at 16.4 degrees today! Under perpetual cloud and drizzle.

Posted

Morning all,
Woken to 16 C and a drizzling rain.  Very welcome, but had hoped for
more of downpour for the garden / allotment .. etc
The heavy rain storms seem to have moved further East out to sea.

B.

Posted

Yes, the early steady (rather than heavy) rain here at Whitby was replaced with a gloriously sunny afternoon. Cloud came down at about 6pm and quite cool now. It seems we are going to miss the thundery activity further south, certainly until Sunday. 

Posted

Well, a grey damp day in Bempton, rained on and off most of the day, managed to get my daily bike ride in at about 5.30pm without getting wet, but starting again now. No sign of thunderstorms, as expected from the storm forecast here, totally given up with the Metoffice warnings. We have been on the NW edge of the rain band, went to Scarborough this afternoon and much less rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, at Saltburn, it was cloudy and cheerless throughout and certainly no sign of the heat and humidity further south. However it remained dry until I headed back to Whitby late afternoon when we had some nuisance rain, but no more. A cloudy cool evening, quite unlike last night, and rather glad that I've got football to watch indoors. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Walking the hound round the village tonite it feels quite mild even though we have steady rain, quite refreshing tbh, although a return to last weeks glorious sunshine would be most welcome!

Posted

A short lived storm to our North, just a light shower here but looks like the coast just north of Scarborough got some heavy rain and a storm