Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

White over here this morning, and snowing again now, think the gardening will have to wait....again

• Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

My view this morning. This was a stunning winter for North Yorkshire. To be more specific it was a proper winter. 

IMG_20210411_081639.jpg

Similar scenes here. I measured 1cm last night , most was still here this morning although had melted from the paths and road.  Starting to thaw now where the sun is getting it.

Hills to the SW Haworth/Burnley area look very white .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Yes, snowy heavily here too. Large flakes. Settling just on the grass so far.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

Yes, snowy heavily here too. Large flakes. Settling just on the grass so far.

This is all starting to sound surreal, BL! Here I am, sunshine streaming through the windows and looking-forward to augmenting my burgeoning suntan, and you guys are talking about heavy snow! What a weird spring, we are having!

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, General Cluster said:

This is all starting to sound surreal, BL! Here I am, sunshine streaming through the windows and looking-forward to augmenting my burgeoning suntan, and you guys are talking about heavy snow! What a weird spring, we are having!

Yes, very changeable early April here of late,    sleet, hail, snow, gales, warm sunshine, overnight frosts  .. 
You'll need a good vest on to sit out for a pint tomorrow I reckon.

BL   

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Woke up to a dusting of snow here this morning as snow showers moved in off the North Sea.

Yesterday was absolutely crackers with snow settling on the beach at Robin Hoods Bay and 2 of my weather stations falling to -8.2c overnight.

Keld fell to -7c this morning and thick snow lay across parts of North Yorkshire from stationary showers in the west last yesterday evening and snow showers this morning in the east.

I missed out on any of the fun yesterday but had to have a ride out this morning to the nearby North York Moors.

spacer.pngEyrwuzeXMAAzEnH?format=jpg&name=largeEyrwuzaWgAQMYTT?format=jpg&name=large

A few of my highest weather stations have a mean temperature of just 1c so far this April with hard frosts looking to continue over the coming nights.

As an extreme weather enthusiast I've found it quite hard to contain myself over the last week or so.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Just relocated from Exeter to Lincoln on Friday, hoping to get more of "my" type of weather over here, and today certainly hasn't disappointed - in the sunny intervals and out of the wind it's felt quite pleasant, but in between there's been showers of hail, sleet and snow, never quite cold enough for the snow to settle but there was lying hail at around noon today.  Temperatures of around 8C when the sun got out, falling to 3-4C in showers.  Some impressive TCu and Cb cells about with snow and/or hail shafts.  Indeed, I've seen more snow falling today in Lincoln than I did in Exeter during the entire winter of 2020/21!

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

This is one of the best April snowfalls ever. It's mad, amazing what's happening right now. 

Seen it on radar. You managed a full covering? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Thundery wintry showers said:

Just relocated from Exeter to Lincoln on Friday, hoping to get more of "my" type of weather over here, and today certainly hasn't disappointed - in the sunny intervals and out of the wind it's felt quite pleasant, but in between there's been showers of hail, sleet and snow, never quite cold enough for the snow to settle but there was lying hail at around noon today.  Temperatures of around 8C when the sun got out, falling to 3-4C in showers.  Some impressive TCu and Cb cells about with snow and/or hail shafts.  Indeed, I've seen more snow falling today in Lincoln than I did in Exeter during the entire winter of 2020/21!

Welcome back up north TWS! Didnt you used to reside at Sandhutton near Thirsk?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes I did!  I lived there with my parents for a couple of years when I had finished my academic studies and was job hunting, then I moved to Exeter.  I've also lived in South Tyneside (Cleadon and South Shields), Lancaster, Leeds and Norwich, so have been around a fair bit.

• Like 1

Posted

We had about 4 inches at 250m last night near Ripponden, West Yorkshire....We did a 4 trig run over about 25km on the moors where there was about 7-8 inches of laying powdery snow.

Really beautiful, it came down at about 9pm last night onto dry ground. Really beautiful, nearly all melted by 4pm and then a heavy hail/snow shower again giving another light partial covering.

Lucky, but not really needed in April

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Incredible scenes from a snow shower just now in Garforth. Massive flakes! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Got down to -3.4c here last night. Pretty impressive for suburbia in mid April.

It's my new April min record anyway!

• Like 1

Posted

There was another shower in Lincoln at 8pm last evening, started off sleety and then turned to snow with big flakes coming down.  Most of it didn't settle, but there was a bit of lying snow on some surfaces alongside the frost earlier this morning.  It's been clear and sunny so far.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

More Snow on the roof of my car than on the moors this morning which surprised me. I guess the slight dusting last night never reached there. So thats five days with snow falling this April.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Been a glorious day here today on the east coast of the wolds, best day of the week so far, tbf the last 2 weeks have been mostly blue sky's and bright sunshine although the temperature has varied, it has been quite pleasant out of the N/Ne breeze,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well a change to colder conditions by day coming up nights apart from tonight and tomorrow night staying pretty much the same.

Posted

A dry night here .. we were hoping for some rain as things are getting very dry indeed.
Hopefully there will be some showers today, the skies are looking grey.
Otherwise we will have to do a lot of watering ... garden and allotment.
* Please think of offering some ground water, safely placed, for the wildlife, birds, hedgehogs etc.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Enough rain to damp the ground but not put anything in my water butt

More showers to come by the looks though so I might be spared watering from the tap!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Well that shower over Bradford (& slowly lumbering our way?) has been giving red & pinks on the MetO rainfall radar since 5:30 pm (ish) and so we might get full water butt out of it by the end of this bunch of showers (once they get here!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and HOT ( but not too humid )

That was a nice refreshing downpour yesterday eve. In Huddersfield / Kirklees it probably lasted a couple of hours and was quite heavy, but nicely cooled down the air

Posted

Just 2.4mm of rain here this month so far and 4.6mm since 20th March. These dry spring periods seem to becoming more common in recent years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1