Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
10 minutes ago, Interitus said:

Why is your wet bulb temperature warmer than the dry bulb?

I've just noticed that myself.. the wet bulb should be closer to -7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
39 minutes ago, Interitus said:

Why is your wet bulb temperature warmer than the dry bulb?

27 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've just noticed that myself.. the wet bulb should be closer to -7°C

Not sure guys. Think those values are derived aren't they? Presume some error or limitation with the software calculations?

Posted
Just now, Winter Cold said:

Not sure guys. Think those values are derived aren't they? Presume some error or limitation with the software calculations?

I've been trying to do some workings out, as my data looks fine on the weatherlink app.

Do you own a weatherlink live?

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've been trying to do some workings out, as my data looks fine on the weatherlink app.

Do you own a weatherlink live?

That screenshot was from my weather link app on my phone. I don't have a live box but I do have pro subscription on the website. I could check it later. Do you think the actual uploaded data might be showing different to the app when I check?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

Ooh doesn’t road salt lose its effectiveness at -10? That should cause some problems.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

That screenshot was from my weather link app on my phone. I don't have a live box but I do have pro subscription on the website. I could check it later. Do you think the actual uploaded data might be showing different to the app when I check?

It's possible.

For example; My temp is 2.1°C. RH is 65%. Pressure 1016.5mb. Manual calculating that give me a wet bulb temp of exactly 0°C

Cumulus MX calculates that exact same value. Weatherlink is showing -0.6°C, so it's a little lower. However, Davis weather instruments actually use Fahrenheit by default and then convert to Celsius, so the figures might be a little off. Sounds odd I know, but there's been discussions on other forums about this, as folks who use Celsius noticed small discrepancies in data. The answer to those always seems to go back to the fact Davis are converting from Fahrenheit.

It does seem odd that yours shows a wet bulb temp higher than the dry bulb. The wet bulb should always be lower, unless RH is at complete saturation, which  would make the values identical.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It's possible.

For example; My temp is 2.1°C. RH is 65%. Pressure 1016.5mb. Manual calculating that give me a wet bulb temp of exactly 0°C

Cumulus MX calculates that exact same value. Weatherlink is showing -0.6°C, so it's a little lower. However, Davis weather instruments actually use Fahrenheit by default and then convert to Celsius, so the figures might be a little off. Sounds odd I know, but there's been discussions on other forums about this, as folks who use Celsius noticed small discrepancies in data. The answer to those always seems to go back to the fact Davis are converting from Fahrenheit.

It does seem odd that yours shows a wet bulb temp higher than the dry bulb. The wet bulb should always be lower, unless RH is at complete saturation, which  would make the values identical.

Thanks for this and your time.

I'll take a look at the website version of data later then and see if it's any different. Interesting about the F conversions, I'll try and look into this and do a manual calc tonight. See if I get to a different result as the app...

• Like 1

Posted

Just had inland convection blow up over barnsley! I'd laugh so hard if this northerly flow gives us more snow than the easterly it self

• Like 2

Posted

Just had our heaviest shower by far here since the weekend, totally unexpected I’d given up

Nearly a cm in minutes

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder
51 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

Just had our heaviest shower by far here since the weekend, totally unexpected I’d given up

Nearly a cm in minutes

Drove through that near Tingley on the way home from work about 2pm,was extremely heavy. Meanwhile the 2 halves of 20210210_145511.thumb.jpg.8f932e37fd03e52dd2152feed54c5b83.jpg20210210_151458.thumb.jpg.7361b8d3a5a5df2a6a3de0bb6ea9d1a1.jpgour back garden summing up the cold spell in our region. Good for some, poor for others! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
1 hour ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Darren bett was on earlier couldn't wait to say how mild it was gonna be and the grin he gave!

I think Stav Daneos and majority of them prefer forecasting milder weather, possibly because it makes it far easier for them, everything coming off Atlantic is much easier to forecast than when it's coming off Europe or down from pola regions. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
9 minutes ago, fazzafarrand said:

Must get sommat from this please!!

6C892EA9-F1DD-4143-8CB8-747187EE3C1B.png

Heavy snow here in Allerton at minute it's on its way to you

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, fazzafarrand said:

Must get sommat from this please!!

6C892EA9-F1DD-4143-8CB8-747187EE3C1B.png

The way its building as it moves SW, even I might catch the southern edge of it in Barnsley!  You don’t mind sharing do you?!?

Posted
9 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

The way its building as it moves SW, even I might catch the southern edge of it in Barnsley!  You don’t mind sharing do you?!?

No chance 1st of the day

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Best snow shower in 3 days of waiting.  From nothing to white over in less than 5 minutes!

3DA0B5BF-4B07-42F8-AD54-3A2CDF7F818B.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Sods law. First time I've left central barnsley in 3 days and it gets a beefy shower light dandruff in Wortley. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Managed to catch the absolute tail-end of the shower, it was more hail than snow. Whiteout though.