Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted

Winds set to turn ne later. You can see them off shore in southern Scotland where heaviest showers are. Hope they blow some our way....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: knee deep in snow!

I’ve got grey skies and flurries through the front windows and blue skies and next to nothing through the back windows, just goes to show how marginal these showers are 

Posted

This is now really getting interesting for me. 

Look how the showers are now exploding in land! Is this the potential we've been waiting for?

Screenshot_20210209-161039_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ab17c5ae779607af95fc1b234091944.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Yeah showers seem to be developing inland. The one currently affecting Rotherham almost appeared out of nowhere. Still nothing in Barnsley though apart from the odd flurry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,lightning,hot and sunny
2 minutes ago, Craigers said:

This is now really getting interesting for me. 

Look how the showers are now exploding in land! Is this the potential we've been waiting for?

Screenshot_20210209-161039_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ab17c5ae779607af95fc1b234091944.jpg

If these showers are on an easterly trajectory then south and west yorkshire could be in business.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

heaviest of the whole thing so far in Hornsea - road covered in 5 mins and everything that melted in the sun earlier. If this was the afore mentioned "streamer" it would be epic. We have done quite well here overall for the amount of showers we have had so am pleased

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,lightning,hot and sunny

Heavy snow shower atm

20210209_161629.jpg

Posted

Maybe just maybe the colder uppers have triggered these bigger showers!

1075984926_Screenshot_20210209-162129_MeteoPWSMonitor.thumb.jpg.e5d415401303c7f30df8e999f27f1483.jpg

Edited by Craigers
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

That last shower really dragged the cold air down with it. It's -0.6c here now.

Big shower rattling through Grenoside re-covered the roads around the school. Still snowing at home now, though the roads are clear. Encouraging to see some beefier showers make it here.

What I wouldn't give for a train of heavier showers to really lay down some snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Maybe just maybe the colder uppers have triggered these bigger showers!

1075984926_Screenshot_20210209-162129_MeteoPWSMonitor.thumb.jpg.e5d415401303c7f30df8e999f27f1483.jpg

I have everything crossed after my face on day yesterday  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Covered mostly again here.

Where's this energy coming from all of a sudden! I really hope it keeps it up all night now the sun's gone

Posted
1 hour ago, SouthYorks said:

A few people have asked this morning why the snow showers haven’t been heavy these last few days.  I hope @johnholmes  doesn’t mind, but he posted this in the MOD thread earlier explaining why....

‘Just a comment about the showers coming in off the N Sea during this cold spell. None of the skew-t diagrams, sveral days prior to the first showers, nor during the last 48 hours have shown cloud tops above 8-at times 12,000 ft. The air aloft has not been as cold as say on previous cases when bands/showers have affected eastern and central hours. Thus the intensity of many of the showers has not been very high. Obviously in a few locations the frequency tended to make up for this. I have not noticed any posts about 'thunder-snow' another indication that the instability has not been very marked.’

Thanks for that mate, explains why the clouds aren’t as full or as numerous as they could have been. Nice to see the East getting in on the action though , been a while since they had a flake settling I think. 

• Like 1

Posted

This is starting to get good now. Frequent heavy showers with massive flakes. We have a good 4-5cm on the grass now and surfaces which melted earlier are covered again. Visibility very low in the current shower:

20210209_164420.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
1 minute ago, reef said:

This is starting to get good now. Frequent heavy showers with massive flakes. We have a good 4-5cm on the grass now and surfaces which melted earlier are covered again. Visibility very low in the current shower:

20210209_164420.jpg

So happy your getting the snow now! You certainly deserve it the most! 

All because the wind switched more easterly today! Enjoy 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

just stopped in Hornsea. Measured outside for first time 5cm on level parts of paths etc obviously parts with a lot more and 10 cm on grass. It is definitely the most snow ive seen here for years. I think there is another shower inbound on the radar.

It seems today the showers have got steadily better which is totally the opposite of what I expected and getting bigger flakes too. 

Fingers crossed for you guys later inland 

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Elloughtonsnow said:

Looking at the radar,is there a streamer setting up towards the Humber?

I’v just been watching these and wondering the same, could we possibly see some streamers setting up like last night?? Looks like a decent amount of beefy showers heading in all of a sudden. 

Edited by GyDanSnow

Posted

Had a couple of heavy showers today but sounds like just over the other side of the Humber has fared well. Inch at best on grass and some surfaces. Sun has melted most off roads and paths.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

I've just driven from work near Thorne down the M18 home in the best shower of this cold spell, 1.5c down to -1 at home in the precipitation better flake size and really heavy reducing visibility through Thurcroft ,turned everything white very quickly, if only we'd had more like those.