Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
7 minutes ago, York-snow said:

are fewer showers expected today than yesterday?

I think it depends where you are, on the coast I reckon it will be about the same, but inland maybe less as the wind seems to have dropped from yesterday, also wind has shifted slightly towards the north

Posted
9 minutes ago, York-snow said:

are fewer showers expected today than yesterday?

Yes, just some scattered showers here and there. There's not activity in the North Sea. A decent streamer will affect the East Midlands only and maybe some areas more inland there. 

Posted

Models look keen on ending the spell after the weekend too now sadly. Hard not to be disappointed after chasing the easterly down to T0 and models showing deep amounts of snow well inland. 

Still its certainly cold and another decent event for a good winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Met Office short and extended outlook continue to give interest.  Perhaps not as cold as now after the weekend, but certainly not appearing to go mild in our region for some time yet.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Met Office short and extended outlook continue to give interest.  Perhaps not as cold as now after the weekend, but certainly not appearing to go mild in our region for some time yet.

It's going to be milder for sure, maybe not 15-16C but around 12-13C under the sun. When all models agree with the SE Europe placement of deep cold, this 99.99% verifies even 7 days ahead. Some places in Central and East Greece will get buried under heavy snow and blizzards. 

Posted
23 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Interesting forecas just now on BEEB (yes its the BEEB!!) but they continued to show a decent amount of snow showers on and off today/tonight and tomorrow wind turns more NE blowing quite a few more into our region on that NE trajectory! Also said we still expect cold to win end of week. 

Local forecast the same, after weekend could lose the potential as has been highlighted but before then much to pay for it seems, according to BEEB *caveats

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
14 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

It's going to be milder for sure, maybe not 15-16C but around 12-13C under the sun. When all models agree with the SE Europe placement of deep cold, this 99.99% verifies even 7 days ahead. Some places in Central and East Greece will get buried under heavy snow and blizzards. 

Temps in double digits possibly in the South West, maybe encroaching into West, but I don’t see that for the East of England.  Single digit 5-7c maybe after the weekend for our region would be my thoughts.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Always a red said:

Interesting forecas just now on BEEB (yes its the BEEB!!) but they continued to show a decent amount of snow showers on and off today/tonight and tomorrow wind turns more NE blowing quite a few more into our region on that NE trajectory! Also said we still expect cold to win end of week. 

Local forecast the same, after weekend could lose the potential as has been highlighted but before then much to pay for it seems, according to BEEB *caveats

METO did well this winter with their extended outlook but this time they're way off. 

Posted

Nice covering of snow here near Hull but nothing special least it nice to hear that crunchy sound when you walk on it. Cant help but feeling this has being abit of an missed opportunity though depending what happens from here but beggers cant be choosers let hope there little melt today and hangs around.

Posted
5 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Temps in double digits possibly in the South West, maybe encroaching into West, but I don’t see that for the East of England.  Single digit 5-7c maybe after the weekend for our region would be my thoughts.

Temp reached 3C here yesterday under brief sunny spells with - 9 and - 10 850hpa. It's almost mid February. 

Posted

Last post from me regarding snow with feeling underwhelmed .

Radar seems to be forming some big showers in the circled area. If this keeps up maybe there's hope

Screenshot_20210209-081340_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ce5bf52712c419ddad85d981b3cf79f0.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.
5 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Radar seems to be forming some big showers in the circled area. If this keeps up maybe there's hope

Screenshot_20210209-081340_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ce5bf52712c419ddad85d981b3cf79f0.jpg

How many times have you said that in the last few days? 

No reflection on you mate, just how it seems to have gone for us

Edited by richjb78

Posted
3 minutes ago, Craigers said:

That couldnt be any closer to us sky gone dark fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Got down to -3.2c here last night, so a little colder than forecast. 

Not expecting any showers really today, can see them fading already as they head inland my way.

Midlands again with a streamer!!

Posted
17 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

METO did well this winter with their extended outlook but this time they're way off. 

I wouldn`t bet against that being the case but you would think they would have said on BEEB alot of doubt etc and started to backtrack as the forecasts after ECM 0Z data

Hell of alot can change between now and then for good and bad if its snow you want IMO

Posted
8 minutes ago, richjb78 said:

How many times have you said that in the last few days? 

No reflection on you mate, just how it seems to have gone for us

Just not got going that everyone was expecting it. At least 5cm should of settled widely but the showers just not as widespread. That's weather for ya

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Woken to about 1 cm covering and some pretty snow showers between sunny spells.

B.   

• Like 1

Posted

2cm’s here

Not had more than that for 8 years

Just looking at my weather records for 3rd Dec 2010 -33cms lying snow here at sea level

Those were the day’s

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like a bit of a flop up north judging by reports.

Similar in London as well unfortunately.