Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

South Yorkshire, as always, is the place to be for easterly streamers! Which is why I prefer the uniformly scattered showers in easterlies. Should still see something here from this setup though, the wind direction varies slightly through the next 4 days, enough I hope to give everyone a hood covering. 2 inches or more is my IMBY aim. P.S. Still raining here

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
8 minutes ago, Bear2830 said:

Still icy rain in Shafton, quite a lot of flooding around the next village of South Heindley, took these out running at 4pm.

20210206_153724-01.jpeg

20210206_154841-01.jpeg

20210206_152504.jpg

The run up the A65 was full of road flooding/field flooding

Got home and our new channel only just touched 2m...well below the 'low level land might flood' river height!

Thank you E.U.! I can rest easy in my bed again now!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
18 minutes ago, Adam lufc said:

i agree. 

do not understand as we normally do great in an easterly!

The 2018 easterly had frequent heavy showers all over our region, while March 2013 had a frontal system hitting the cold air. This time it looks like any substantial snow will be restricted to a relatively narrow area lucky enough to be under a streamer (and experience tells me we never get steamers in West Yorkshire for some reason).

If we’re lucky we might get a bit of snow from the fringes but IMO it’s better to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised than the opposite.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
21 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

The more i look at it the more it feels like 2010. South Yorkshire North Derbyshire 30-40cm in my opinion! 

15-30 further north but still time for the streamer to move further north or south and for troughs to show up last mibute.

The 12zecm keeps us massively in the freezer from today to the following saturday with more of the run to come

We had over 2ft here in North East Derbyshire we were stuck under the mother of all streamers that was a very narrow band of snow but it was just constant and very heavy we were only forecast 5cm so anything can happen it is case of radar watching.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

South Yorkshire, as always, is the place to be for easterly streamers! Which is why I prefer the uniformly scattered showers in easterlies. Should still see something here from this setup though, the wind direction varies slightly through the next 4 days, enough I hope to give everyone a hood covering. 2 inches or more is my IMBY aim. P.S. Still raining here

Well being in Sheffield I won’t count my chickens before they hatch! In 2018 the bands never really alighned here, I remember it was across Nottingham and Derby one evening. And I’m sure further north in west York’s did better than here...so it’s a wait and see.  
Hoping we all get truly locked down

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

2.4c here now

Some decent coverings just down the road in Sheffield though!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Some flakes now here in the heavier bursts, and looking promising to our east for snow in the next half hour or so! Let's go! 

• Like 1

Posted

Had wet snow for a while a few minutes ago, the first I've seen this winter. Now back to rain and sleet in the lighter bursts.

Good to see though, wasn't expecting anything yet.

Temp now 2.3c.

Edited by reef

Posted
Just now, Light Without Heat said:

I think we might get ice pellets rattling in layer. Shows that the uppers are mixing out and DP's are dropping 

Met office have now changed us to snow from 7am tomorrow. Further surprises yeah 

Posted

I’m that excited for snow I’ll be firing off some fireworks I have stashed away I feel that deprived lol.

hoping to see some flakes later on or tomorrow at least it’s been a long time coming..

My kids are sick of hearing my snow stories from ten or so years ago

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Should stop in a bit then a case of waiting too see the showers in the east reach us

Posted
1 minute ago, GyDanSnow said:

I’m that excited for snow I’ll be firing off some fireworks I have stashed away I feel that deprived lol.

hoping to see some flakes later on or tomorrow at least it’s been a long time coming..

My kids are sick of hearing my snow stories from ten or so years ago

Wishing you all the look I’ve got family over in Grimsby so enjoy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Currently 2.5°c here and heavy rain, also a strong breeze making it feel colder, no sign of snow yet