Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

It's certainly very wet here - the irony is that the 24 hour spell between Saturday night and Monday morning when Lincs is under the influence of the southern front and therefore shower-free might actually help to dry things off before it heads south and we get in on the convective shower action on Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

This is literally my life for the next week. Hope there are some beefy showers heading our way.

image.thumb.png.fae7eba4f2a0049b126df830793cb25e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Interestingly, just looked out to see sloppy sleet falling from this stationary band of grimness, and that's at less than100m asl! It's also feeling bitter out there already! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
16 hours ago, winterof79 said:

image.thumb.png.a5c2deda24607b65688be3c4a393e512.png

Are we heading for a scandi or a heat wave....Not interested after Wednesday/Thurs at mo

Well well if it aint a Scandi high 

image.thumb.png.054022206b193dbf0562ebc26a9c1561.png

image.thumb.png.12b218fd36fbe8f6c59e083ddc3c0a16.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL

Heavy rain here and garden is most waterlogged I have seen in years the main road from my village has just had the flood warning for river to spill over in next few hours and block it off I'm guessing it will freeze over then 

Posted
Just now, CasMan said:

Heavy rain here and garden is most waterlogged I have seen in years the main road from my village has just had the flood warning for river to spill over in next few hours and block it off I'm guessing it will freeze over then 

Not the first time this year already happened once or twice?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Very heavy rain overnight and continuing this morning. Woken at 4.30am by sound of rain hammering on the front window, which is unusual as prevailing direction is on the back of the house.  Unfortunately sound of rain was also accompanied by the sound of dripping on our bedroom ceiling.  After much scrambling about in the loft this morning, I found the source and it seems the heavy rain combined with the direction of the wind overnight has found a very small tear in the felt near a lead valley.  For now a bucket will have to do, then a repair is needed!!

Outside continuous heavy rain, and occasionally a sleety mix, which is something of a surprise at this time as it wasn’t expected until late afternoon/early evening.  Are we seeing evaporate cooling or are we seeing an early undercut?  Anyone with weather stations got any recent reports on temps and dew points in the area?

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, fazzafarrand said:

Not the first time this year already happened once or twice?

That's right  barnsdale road is a flood plain and floods regularly this will be 3rd time this winter so far 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Well 4 pages to read this morning in our regional... You know something is afoot... Hopefully a foot of snow coming haha

Just rain here, temp still over 4c and dew of 3.9c so no cold air arrived yet. Seems to be evap cooling causing the sleet this morning I think

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter
3 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Very heavy rain overnight and continuing this morning. Woken at 4.30am by sound of rain hammering on the front window, which is unusual as prevailing direction is on the back of the house.  Unfortunately sound of rain was also accompanied by the sound of dripping on our bedroom ceiling.  After much scrambling about in the loft this morning, I found the source and it seems the heavy rain combined with the direction of the wind overnight has found a very small tear in the felt near a lead valley.  For now a bucket will have to do, then a repair is needed!!

Outside continuous heavy rain, and occasionally a sleety mix, which is something of a surprise at this time as it wasn’t expected until late afternoon/early evening.  Are we seeing evaporate cooling or are we seeing an early undercut?  Anyone with weather stations got any recent reports on temps and dew points in the area?

Thoughts are with you  .not the sort of weather to be on the roof.

Take care .

• Like 1

Posted
38 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Should of been a rain warning for here!!!

20210206_105226.thumb.jpg.a7be04f98277b7da84aec4ed38171aa8.jpgScreenshot_20210206-105210_Chrome.thumb.jpg.36a171656e48b8260e0f3d6a3610e354.jpg

Hi pal

Notice you have a weather station, I’m new to this but I’ve been thinking about getting one for a while, would you recommend the one you have if so can I ask the name / model please?

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

Hi pal

Notice you have a weather station, I’m new to this but I’ve been thinking about getting one for a while, would you recommend the one you have if so can I ask the name / model please?

My weather station is the maplins N96GY with an upgraded sensor and installed new software and screen skin.

@vizzy2004 is your man for the weather stations you can buy! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
Just now, rotherhamsnowman said:

Just to show how inaccurate the met app is... it’s not been raining here for the past hour....

A6BB2F7F-2A02-4AF8-BC45-85723ADA84F4.png

they are crap arent they - it really annoys me at work people use them --- ooh in 10 mins its going to rain for 1 hour LOL

Posted

Euro4 6z going for continuous heavy rain in an arc coming up through Lincolnshire into South/West Yorkshire for much of the day.  The heaviest ppn then heads south and is replaced by showers which turn increasingly wintery.  Looks as though it will be snow on high ground only for much this evening and then lower ground as the showers become lighter.

A17C2639-ACC2-48CA-BD0C-EC2F7AB536BB.png

36338BF5-C545-45A5-841B-2C0BC895E17F.png

E6079993-7E17-470D-895E-63DB09146E00.png

Edited by SouthYorks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
54 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

Yeah but the ground is too wet for Snow to settle. 

It’s all about the surface temperature regardless of how wet it is if it’s cold enough snow will settle ❄️❄️❄️

Posted

Turning more wintry here heavy sleet the rain this morning as been non stop unbelievable we had no warnings out for this.

Edited by Love Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Screenshot_20210206-115245_Chrome.jpg

382.gif

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
14 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

It’s all about the surface temperature regardless of how wet it is if it’s cold enough snow will settle ❄️❄️❄️

I know,  this is a comment I frequently see when I say it's going to snow. 

• Like 1

Posted

Euro4 showing light snow showers around the region tomorrow, but mostly in North and West Yorkshire.  As the snow edges up from the South East towards Lincolnshire during the day this tends to kills off the showers over Yorkshire in the evening and the early part of the night.

In the early hours of Monday the streamers start up and currently I’d say any where in a line from the Humber heading in WSW direction is likely to get lots of showers, and maybe a few extended spells.  So inland areas such a Rotherham, Sheffield and Chesterfield all look good to me based on current shower prediction.  I’m not saying other areas won’t see snow, but I think South Yorkshire/North Derbyshire will be the sweet spot.

6DE98897-B313-444F-91AE-B6197E6DEB49.png

7B60122F-DF3D-4B9E-B361-6DFEE7CBB4B9.png

0815A255-4EAC-4DFE-869C-06A472A3540B.png

1F475B43-50A8-4E83-8F5B-B2F133D8E4F3.png

D4E8B276-FC58-4649-BF9C-6C63CC4437A9.png

C2091D3E-2135-4FCB-B4DE-C66AED7CCCB9.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
21 minutes ago, oldmucker said:

they are crap arent they - it really annoys me at work people use them --- ooh in 10 mins its going to rain for 1 hour LOL

And they look gone out at you when you try explaining a precipitation radar is a lot more reliable than app. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
1 minute ago, Bradowl said:

And they look gone out at you when you try explaining a precipitation radar is a lot more reliable than app.