Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
25 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman in Yorks said:

I moved up in the Summer of 2010 and within 6 months I had seen 40cms of snow and regular -10c temperatures!  I thought that was how every winters were in Yorkshire! 

Still I have done well since and have high hopes for this spell.  Fingers crossed guys!  ❄❄❄

Haha similar to this year for me and only moved from low ground Doncaster to higher ground in Barnsley. Were in a good place in Yorkshire for cold weather and sometimes storms in summer  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

Drinking my coffee staring out onto damp drizzle. In 24 hrs time might be looking out to nice crisp snowfall. Fingers crossed!

Posted
5 minutes ago, oldmucker said:

hi

Seems a bit odd that Icon has literally nothing on the East side by monday 9am all the way from North East Right down to the Wash?

That seems a massive area of Yorkshire right near the easterly to get Zilch?

Are we assuming it doesnt factor in showers?

image.thumb.png.657e4ed1d18057c4837f4698059d0cef.png

That’s a joke.  How is that possible with an easterly.  Just goes to show how crap the presipitation charts are

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
1 minute ago, Hatewarmth said:

That’s a joke.  How is that possible with an easterly.  Just goes to show how crap the presipitation charts are

as others have said in these situations best to just look out of the window and forget computers LOL

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Snow already showing over Wales and Pennines, far earlier than predicted....some very heavy precipitation being generated as the east wind pushes in

Posted

To be honest, I'm not expecting anything substantial from this spell (from my location view). Easterlies are always classed as a holy grail yet they rarely come good for us in Yorkshire. NE / N is where it's at for us usually

Sure it'll be cold, easterlies do deliver that for us, but except a few showers it'll be relatively dry. No doubt I'll be proved wrong though

Does look like it's going to be bitter. Not good for me currently suffering from man flu 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
3 minutes ago, smhouston said:

To be honest, I'm not expecting anything substantial from this spell (from my location view). Easterlies are always classed as a holy grail yet they rarely come good for us in Yorkshire. NE / N is where it's at for us usually

Sure it'll be cold, easterlies do deliver that for us, but except a few showers it'll be relatively dry. No doubt I'll be proved wrong though

Does look like it's going to be bitter. Not good for me currently suffering from man flu 

Far as I can remember (late 1960s) our best snowfalls have come from a Easterly or North Easterly, rarely have I seen massive snowfalls from a Northerly, usually North York Moors do best. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Wow, so many nerves here this morning! Rain today was never meant to start turning to snow until later today over higher levels and then low levels by tonight, becoming showery.

The MetO text forecast mentions accumulations through tonight and tomorrow to Tuesday.

Radar and lamp post watching will be key from tonight onwards.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Just in kitchen and noticed the odd flake in the heavy burst, good signs.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow

Well I went to bed last night feeling excited and woken this morning feeling like I'm not going to see a flake after reading everyone's feelings ❄️?? are my chances that bad here in Grimsby, haven't had a single flake all winter 

Posted

I'm that excited about this up coming snowy period I'm setting up a time lapse camera. So if doesn't happen it's all my fault.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
3 minutes ago, Candice Bartley said:

Well I went to bed last night feeling excited and woken this morning feeling like I'm not going to see a flake after reading everyone's feelings ❄️?? are my chances that bad here in Grimsby, haven't had a single flake all winter 

same here in hornsea!! the perils of living right by the sea grrrrrrrr this might just be the time massive fingers crossed 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Candice Bartley said:

Monday/Tuesday might be best day for you

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Currently snowing in Haworth... ❄️❄️❄️

94E7BFE8-29B3-4CFC-917B-8B7DD22CE486.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Anyone know how much rain in early hours and what’s due in this next heavier echo, been really heavy since early hours of this morning 

7F0DEA73-8ABC-4E4E-992B-7113A3EC77CE.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Just been out with the dog, its quite breezy and a noticable chill in the wind already, sign of things to come.