• Weather Preferences: All
9 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

anim_jvv1.gif

0.05 version

anim_aea6.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

What a capitulation by the GFS18z. -3C maximum next Friday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Rain is pouring down here in Rotherham, it's a shame it's not cold enough for snow now because we would be getting buried in it. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

Rain is pouring down here in Rotherham, it's a shame it's not cold enough for snow now because we would be getting buried in it. 

same here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Yup, been a wet old night in Scunny. Soggy shift... 

Really am hoping that this is not another BIG load of nothing lol

I'm not after 40cm of snow 

But... it would be great to get enough to build a ⛄ snowman ⛄or 2 with my daughter... 

Confidence (gut feeling)  is getting less and less now..

Edited by Lincstim
  • Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Lincstim said:

Yup, been a wet old night in Scunny. Soggy shift... 

Really am hoping that this is not another BIG load of nothing lol

I'm not after 40cm of snow 

But... it would be great to get enough to build a ⛄ snowman ⛄or 2 with my daughter... 

Confidence (gut feeling)  is getting less and less now..

Yep,agree,the lack of snow symbols on all the weather forecasts for round here speaks volumes unless there actually struggling to get a grip on things,the last easterly round these parts were fantastic,not expecting anything like that but we’ll see,I tend to listen to the experts on this forum as they’ve been more accurate than most

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Just saw the overnight BBC forecast with mild ramper, Darren Bett. Didn't show overnight tonight, but looked good for Sunday with plenty of snow showers piling into the region. No rain shown even on the coast so should be good for all as long as the precipitation is there! Would be nice to see some snow falling on a weekend for the first time this winter here. ? 

Posted
10 hours ago, Tim A said:

Is ESE all that bad though for us though?  As long as its easterly enough for showers to stream north of the wash/East Anglia, we should be ok? Sure I can recall decent snow with an ESE wind before, at least there is no significant high ground , sometimes the NYM block us a bit with NE winds.

Anyway UKMO looks a bit of an outlier wind direction wise .

Hey sorry for late reply. I would say so yes, in my opinion north and west yorkshire see to miss most of the showers/ streamers in a more SEE to SE flow whilst newcastle north get hammered. Probably due to the longer fetch across the north sea to those areas. Further south linconshire/ south yorkshire don't do so bad can still get a decent feed of snow showers develop time to time. 

Looking at the data I think were good though, thankfully it looks like it is going to me more East than anything else. Latest Euro and Aprege look great

Euro shows classic, orographic lift snowfall east of pennines that's good for us locally tim 

Aprege shows everywhere getting hammered!

21020705_0518 (1).gif

21020909_0600.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Updated morning BBC forecast looking good both for overnight and then Sunday/Monday with the rain turning wintry this evening and then snow showers for all immediately setting in as the front clears. Looks a nasty clear patch as has been mentioned by others between the front and the showers on Sunday, but this appears to be south of the majority of us for the majority of the time. So it's looking good to me as things stand. Also, signs on the Mod that a Scandi high may be following next week, with no real surface warm up in between for us! If that happens, this will be a classic! 

• Like 5

Posted

One thing I've noticed on all these runs is how consistent they are modelling the humber streamer!

Screenshot_20210206-043548_Meteociel.jpg.cf9900fcfcccd7bda0de34bfa9658b4f.thumb.jpg.d826cd9786e83bfef449478b494577a3.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
51 minutes ago, Craigers said:

One thing I've noticed on all these runs is how consistent they are modelling the humber streamer!

Screenshot_20210206-043548_Meteociel.jpg.cf9900fcfcccd7bda0de34bfa9658b4f.thumb.jpg.d826cd9786e83bfef449478b494577a3.jpg

Agreed!  I think it’s about 4 runs in a row that GEM has shown it.  It’s either going to get the plaudits or will have been shown to be consistently wrong!

38002A73-2E1D-4850-A6F4-F1FDAE368813.png

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Agreed!  I think it’s about 4 runs in a row that GEM has shown it.  It’s either going to the plaudits or will have been shown to be consistently wrong!

38002A73-2E1D-4850-A6F4-F1FDAE368813.png

That looks like the 2010 streamer

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Light Without Heat said:

Gonna need something substantial and the winds cooling rapidly as its awfully wet out there this morning! 

Well the wind should do some fine work later this evening  Forecast to become particularly raw tonight as the cold uppers take hold.

7 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Met office data upgrading shower potential

Screenshot_20210206-074326_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a0f949d23b579b38f2ea80344b961681.jpg

Should the showers begin to accumulate then we can knock off a degree or two to those maximum temperatures as well and experience true ice days 

My workplace in Grenoside has maxes of 0C for much of next week. Beautiful!

Edited by Steel City Skies

Posted

Any updates for tonight’s chances here in Pateley Bridge.  BBC says sleet up to midnight then dry all day tomorrow.  Met Office light snow tonight and occasional light snow tomorrow.  Must say, Met Office forecast yesterday said North would be dry so beginning to think this is going to be disappointing for here.  Hope everywhere else is lucky.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

Should the showers begin to accumulate then we can knock off a degree or two to those maximum temperatures as well and experience true ice days 

My workplace in Grenoside has maxes of 0C for much of next week. Beautiful!

Totally agree. Especially further in land you are but good to know its due to the exposure to the wind