Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder & wind to create waves

As others have said there is so much doom and gloom particularly in the model thread. For Lincolnshire this is exciting. Have been here well over 40 years with also a few in brum as a student and when working for a while (where I never saw a flake). 

Late Sat to at least Thursday with real snow risk and ice is just great. How many years have had to be happy with 36 hour northerly that provides just about enough snow to slide a sledge. Many years when get absolutely nothing.  In my time there have been about a handful of deep cold spells that lasted about a week or more. That said what we are in for is actually not that common. To me we are definately in for a proper cold spell and not a snap.

Im excited and will enjoy (booked Tuesday off as stab at the day when likely to be both decent amount of falling and lying snow) as it might be years before get anything as good again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!
8 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

Do you guys reckon METO underestimates the push of colder air tomorrow? It looks to me that the rain to snow transition might happen earlier than forecasted even with temps around 2C as DP will fall rapidly. 

The text forecast is a lot better than the computer generated app symbols for the general picture of what’s going to happen when. This is tomorrow for Yorkshire & Humber:

”Morning showers will more widely turn to snow in the afternoon, becoming less frequent by evening, but some will persist overnight. Feeling increasingly cold in strong easterly winds.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, sconetone said:

Seeing as I'm 'very' North Notts, for the purposes of the upcoming spell, I'm designating meself as an honourary Yorkshireman. 

TBF I generally use this regional thread anyway! Midlands thread tends to be a bit west-heavy. Probably due to Brummie population density....

Yes we have lots of north Derbyshire/Notts posters on here. 

• Like 1

Posted

I honestly don't get the model forum now and certainly aint the place to be any more. After being on here since 2004 this has to be the worst year for moaning and knee jerk reactions before actually understanding the models all together.

UKMO 12Z is going UNDER and sure is a UPGRADE for next weekend!

received_237618864512186.thumb.gif.7e6b1abca724f265fc88cde27e96c416.gif

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder & wind to create waves

Not whether related and I'm not a Yorkie but what a day for one great man of Yorkshire. Third 100 in three tests and 100 in 100th test. Joe Root and absolute star

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Netweather forecast looks unbelievable for Monday to Wednesday for Scunny 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny dry winters, long summer nights.

Does driving to find snow class as an essential journey? Asking for a friend

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowing offshore said:

Not whether related and I'm not a Yorkie but what a day for one great man of Yorkshire. Third 100 in three tests and 100 in 100th test. Joe Root and absolute star

Yes, he’s certainly in form at the moment and vital to England’s chances.  Hopefully he makes it a double hundred tomorrow while I’m watching blizzards here 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

This euro4 chart for Sunday reminds me a lot of the precipitation radar on 1 March 2018 - showers merging into longer spells of snow.

Euro4 chart for 10am Sunday:

image.thumb.gif.729356d6e82d00ce8235390bb9d6a249.gif

Radar from 1 March 2018:

C864DCC8-F099-48CC-AB51-CB2C1D8A527E.thumb.jpeg.695477ebf4f744998c6573c4f265fb97.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
10 minutes ago, Craigers said:

I honestly don't get the model forum now and certainly aint the place to be any more. After being on here since 2004 this has to be the worst year for moaning and knee jerk reactions before actually understanding the models all together.

Don't get me started i had a spat yesterday and was put in my place by the mods. I told them it was like the SE thread , anyway enough of that .Lets see what the North Sea brings from Sunday.

Posted
7 minutes ago, cheese said:

This euro4 chart for Sunday reminds me a lot of the precipitation radar on 1 March 2018 - showers merging into longer spells of snow.

Radar from 1 March 2018:

C864DCC8-F099-48CC-AB51-CB2C1D8A527E.thumb.jpeg.695477ebf4f744998c6573c4f265fb97.jpeg

That is textbook sea effect streamers all the way from the Baltic!! Areas close to Pennines will get buried with the longevity of the flow!!!!

Also, if it’s showing that now out at this range the confidence must be high as an Easterly flow normally delivers more than expected!

Edited by Cuban Zebra
More to spout!!
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheese said:

Radar from 1 March 2018:

Everything crossed for that as a streamer only benefits a small section. 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Salem said:

Does driving to find snow class as an essential journey? Asking for a friend

Good for mental health i heard

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no
10 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Funny you should say that Craigers, i was just passing a bit of time before ECM 12z so thought i would have a quick look at the much maligned CFS for a bit of fun. 

I did read posts on the mod thread that this model did pretty well picking up on this upcoming cold and following up with your charts these are the 168 from CFS... not too great at going under exactly but great for us non the less.. I wonder what the ECM 168 will look like. 

cfs-0-162.thumb.png.fdc9b39703159b2afd8e4bac326db952.png  cfs-2-162.thumb.png.38e6d071cbb4c5c101ab300ad46e3110.png

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Craigers said:

based on that chart, if you are suggesting it will run east under the UK, I would say it will not.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, cheese said:

Radar from 1 March 2018:

Posted

A lot of people in the model thread will sit on the computer in depression because day 12 is showing a mild spell even with a blizzard blowing outside. I stay clear of it, so could you guys tell me what next week is going to be like? Similar to March 2018 maybe? 

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

based on that chart, if you are suggesting it will run east under the UK, I would say it will not.

Not even with the trends to be further south and underestimating the block to the north?

Posted
11 minutes ago, cheese said:

Radar from 1 March 2018:

I hope that’s correct

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Does Anyone watch the Facebook channel “ Severe Weather Update” on Facebook? Latest forecast from them is interesting and worth a watch

Posted
3 minutes ago, Summer18 said:

A lot of people in the model thread will sit on the computer in depression because day 12 is showing a mild spell even with a blizzard blowing outside. I stay clear of it, so could you guys tell me what next week is going to be like? Similar to March 2018 maybe? 

I hope not, didn’t see a flake! 

• Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Sorry but I disagree. Tgats rounded and hardly sign of disruption.Sw winds will follow then high pressure build for me but dont know whereabouts.

Edited by joggs