Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

ICON 12z has adjusted the snow on Sunday back South again compared to same time on 6z, bringing it more into line with Euro4 6z.  Here for comparison.

632D44DE-F213-429E-AAD2-0A0DCF7FE26F.png

33809912-520E-4BB6-946C-861E642F28E5.png

You can also see how the streamer showers also move South, so for me this is a positive move.

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

I agree with you guys about tomorrow evening. Hopefully we can all see a decent covering to get us started. Then all the showers for the next 4 or 5 days can keep adding to it. Nothing should be melting!

Meto showing rain to snow by 6pm sat here too now, and lasting a while. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Winter Cold
  • Like 1

Posted

Certainly looking interesting her Saturday night into Sunday morning. 

4D32FB9B-2737-4979-946D-33F24CAF280E.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, wrcstarlet said:

Certainly looking interesting her Saturday night into Sunday morning. 

4D32FB9B-2737-4979-946D-33F24CAF280E.png

Just to show how utterly pointless these apps are in these sort of scenarios, here's mine for literally no more than 5 miles down the road. 

Screenshot_20210205_153638.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Just to show how utterly pointless these apps are in these sort of scenarios, here's mine for literally no more than 5 miles down the road. 

Well I do hope we get something memorable. Would love to wake up to my car buried again like 2010!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
12 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

so many twist n turns  my nerves! someone saying sunday a dud for most of uk now! ...  

Met Office and GFS have advertised greater risk for Yorkshire on Mon-Tues since Wednesday but generally showers are underdone so don't worry and just radar watch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

we're currently in the process of "activating" any spare carers we have in preparation for sunday onwards.

Because it's twisting and changing constantly,  we just need to be sure we can deploy as many people as possible to try to keep staff to their local area. at least they can walk between calls then.

can't we just build a super-super-super computer that can get weather patterns down and predictions 100% please? 

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Stocksbridgesheff said:

Is it just me or is there a very south/south east bias on the model thread!?

On the forum generally outside of regionals. Londoners always feel entitled though.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Stocksbridgesheff said:

nah, surely you can't be serious?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
5 minutes ago, Stocksbridgesheff said:

Please read

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

As there's not manual human input based on hi-res charts these apps are nearly useless. 8th Jan my area had 15cm+ of snow for 10h and the METO app had overcast and sleet symbols most of the time. And I'm saying "nearly" useless because at least they can provide a general idea of the timeframe you can expect some kind of ppn. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.5bca02d95b1b323dabb33527492ebc57.png

ICON more encouraging for us I think as the snow risk from Sunday/Monday's band is further south, This will hopefully keep us away from the corridor of crud just to the north of the band, freeing us all up to receive showers streaming in from the North Sea  Ignore the likely lack of snow on these precip charts as they will not model convective snow showers accurately at all.

Edited by Steel City Skies

Posted
12 minutes ago, stupotlee said:

we're currently in the process of "activating" any spare carers we have in preparation for sunday onwards.

Because it's twisting and changing constantly,  we just need to be sure we can deploy as many people as possible to try to keep staff to their local area. at least they can walk between calls then.

can't we just build a super-super-super computer that can get weather patterns down and predictions 100% please? 

I've read space carers twice. I think I need another coffee. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
17 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

image.thumb.png.5bca02d95b1b323dabb33527492ebc57.png

ICON more encouraging for us I think as the snow risk from Sunday/Monday's band is further south, This will hopefully keep us away from the corridor of crud just to the north of the band, freeing us all up to receive showers streaming in from the North Sea  Ignore the likely lack of snow on these precip charts as they will not model convective snow showers accurately at all.

It’s definitely a bit further South but if you watch the the run to the end, it still has it edging North too far in my view the result that it predicts a dearth of showers into South and West Yorkshire/Lincolnshire.  I’d prefer to see a further adjustment South... Lets see what the other models show and then onto the 18z.

Also, just to add, the Meto Amber warning area for Sunday may also provide some guidance as to where they think the most persistent snow will occur (although the warnings haven’t been that great for accuracy this winter!) 

Edited by SouthYorks
Add comment re Met warning
  • Like 1

GFS 12z looks good for increasing amounts of precipitation through Sunday and into Monday from the east. I know it needs to be taken with a big pinch of salt but at least it models snow for the region.

image.thumb.png.2261d16a1cb99277e8c5b0ab45532379.png

Edited by Steel City Skies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

Snow chances receding now according to Met. Hopefully they’ll surprise us with a nice streamer like 2010! 

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at radar I think the Scottish front has begun it's great march south. 

Southern extent today has moved from north of Durham to south of Middlesbrough and it's moved westward.

Now 1C as far south as Drumalbin.

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, Stocksbridgesheff said:

Paul was good to nip this in the bud mate. 

This is the place to be next few days

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Scott Ingham said:

I posted a link to the letter.

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

If you have any spare snow over there, I have plenty of room over here to store it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

Daft question but where is tomorrow’s front now? Is it over Europe or not yet materialised?