Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
42 minutes ago, joggs said:

And see the band of emptiness north of the low. I'd rather it skoot off down se and get us all in the convection tbh.

Yep. Need to get the positioning of the low correct or not have it near us at all. Don’t want to end up in no mans land....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme in Winter , Cricket Weather in Summer , Golf weather all year
2 minutes ago, alibabba said:

I know...I've watched friends on the other side of the country with loads of snow in envy! Fingers crossed from tomorrow night lots of looking out the window and radar watching for me lol

I've missed the snow by only a few miles here near Scunthorpe , felt like they had upgraded the snow shield over the summer. Hopefully this one will break through , looking at trying to enable either a webcam or a weather station up at the cricket ground as it's relatively high up and away from much of the urban heat shield.

Mark 

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, LeeSnowFan said:

This really is the best regional page! we have some great posters in here who actually post stuff we can understand it's going to be an exciting few days or maybe longer! hope we all get some snow and look forward to seeing great pictures in the coming days

I second this - very grateful to the posters on here who explain things in ways that make sense to non-meto folk!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
2 minutes ago, Aiden2020 said:

Hoping this all happens now I kinda opened my mouth and got a few people excited ??

yeah me too!! told family etc to stock up and not drive anywhere. it might end up being us driving somewhere to see the snow!! LOL Im in hornsea here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Aiden2020 said:

Hoping this all happens now I kinda opened my mouth and got a few people excited ??

Nooooo....you have jinxed it now  

We know who to blame when it goes snowballs up now  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
2 hours ago, SouthYorks said:

That’s an interesting one to watch!  

My very amateur understanding is that the further this pushes North, the less impact we will see from streamers in our region as these will also be pushed further North.  I’ve also read, but don’t understand why, but there is likely to be a gap in ppn between the snow from the low and the streamers.  Maybe someone with more knowledge can explain the reason for this...?  

I guess what we don’t want is the snow to push up from the South, not reach us, but push the streamers North as well!

I think this illustrates to an extent what I’m trying to say...

56DFAF42-C37F-41E1-9C70-3438EEBD79C1.png

Fronts focus vorcity and so there's a gap around them while showers form in weaker but broader areas of vorcity.

• Thanks 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, rotherhamsnowman said:

I know the Mets app should be taken with a pinch of salt but it’s going for a feels like temp of -9 on Thursday 

D3C1C21C-DDAC-43E6-8CAA-0FA3C9801C1F.png

Thats very plausible with snow cover temps will drop further and the very low dews and strong winds bring strong wind chill

• Like 1

Posted

Snow is being brought forward to late afternoon here now on UKM raw data.

received_426266578821353.thumb.jpeg.95c7fb93aa7e27ed884871a55c7d9da6.jpeg

Screenshot_20210205-133330_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f5ce991cd8efe5bbd48f3da436c60e03.jpg

Edited by Craigers
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
46 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Snow is being brought forward to late afternoon here now on UKM raw data.

received_426266578821353.thumb.jpeg.95c7fb93aa7e27ed884871a55c7d9da6.jpeg

Screenshot_20210205-133330_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f5ce991cd8efe5bbd48f3da436c60e03.jpg

Yes pal it’s been getting brought forward all day slowly, I feel inland areas with slight elevation to begin with some of us could get a good dump of snow early evening Saturday into Sunday Morning giving some snow fields to accumulate on

Edit.. Actually what I said fits into the weather warning issued by the met office for Saturday into Sunday but if it can arrive a little earlier perhaps it will benefit us all a little more. 

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
  • Like 1

Posted

Been a regular visitor here but never posted.  Anybody know if Pateley Bridge will see any snow Saturday night?  We've had 3 falls so far this winter but

not had as much as the rest of Yorkshire so far.  We seem to be sheltered from major dumpings here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
1 minute ago, super_claret said:

Been a regular visitor here but never posted.  Anybody know if Pateley Bridge will see any snow Saturday night?  We've had 3 falls so far this winter but

not had as much as the rest of Yorkshire so far.  We seem to be sheltered from major dumpings here!

I am not sure sorry i would have thought so as you are inland so not as marginal as coast here. Do you tend to get snow on easterlies usually?

At least you have had 3 falls lol  - here in Hornsea we have not even seen one flake this winter, just rain rain and more rain !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
3 minutes ago, super_claret said:

Welcome. And to answer your question yes you have a very big chance you will be getting snow from early Saturday evening, before snow showers start to pep up from Sunday through to next week

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, oldmucker said:

I am not sure sorry i would have thought so as you are inland so not as marginal as coast here. Do you tend to get snow on easterlies usually?

At least you have had 3 falls lol  - here in Hornsea we have not even seen one flake this winter, just rain rain and more rain !

We did OK in 2010 but not as much as the rest of Yorkshire.  Still, I'd settle for 3 or 4 inches.  At least it will hang around for a week.

Posted
1 minute ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

Welcome. And to answer your question yes you have a very big chance you will be getting snow from early Saturday evening, before snow showers start to pep up from Sunday through to next week

Good to hear.  Fingers crossed for us all 

• Like 1

Posted

Confirmed. Met Office have moved to 6pm for myself too.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, summer blizzard said:

Confirmed. Met Office have moved to 6pm for myself too.

same gone for heavy from 6pm little break on sunday before returning to nearly 48 hours of light snow

Posted

I think we should air on the side of caution for next week and not have too high expectations.

The met office is going for a cloudy flow, which would hamper convection for Monday and Tuesday. As time goes on the flow should become more showery but we'll see. 

Saturday is up in the air. EURO4 shows the heaviest precipitation clipping the south of the region, the higher resolution NMM is similar to that as well. 

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Currently in my part of NW Leeds for Saturday in to Sunday:

BBC

6am - 1pm = Light rain

1pm - 3pm - Sleet

3pm - 6pm = Heavy Snow

6pm - 4am = Light Snow

Met Office

8am - 2pm = Heavy Rain

2pm - 5pm = Heavy/Light/Heavy Rain

5pm - 7pm = Heavy Rain/Sleet

7pm - 9am = Light Snow

Main difference being the BBC has it a degree colder than the MetO forecast, hence the heavy snow I'd guess....

Edited by Barking_Mad
changed MetO to heavy rain 8am > 2pm)

Posted

Now have heavy symbols here for Monday Tuesday. Looks like things will keep upgrading for shower potential

889483905_Screenshot_20210205-145826_MetOffice.thumb.jpg.2b848b0b475362b31b8c758233f96665.jpg1615848832_Screenshot_20210205-145803_MetOffice.thumb.jpg.fc25b10244939e7332bcb55027db500c.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

@LeeSnowFan ICON here

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Meteociel propose de manière régulière le modèle à maille fine ICON-EU 0.065° du DWD (météo allemande) sur 5 zones (France, Nord-Ouest, Nord-Est, Sud-Ouest...

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Looking good sat aft/evening here, to put a covering down b4 the streamers set, should stay a while as well, temps not forecasted to rise above 0c until Friday!!

Screenshot_20210205-150928_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Stocksbridgesheff said:

Looking good sat aft/evening here, to put a covering down b4 the streamers set, should stay a while as well, temps not forecasted to rise above 0c until Friday!!

Screenshot_20210205-150928_Samsung Internet.jpg

ICON 12z brings snow into the North of our region a bit earlier, with it starting over higher ground late afternoon and mostly clearing South around midnight.

9C319C86-4E0B-4B8A-B3FE-16CA003DD5D3.png

934DC309-6D1E-4BFF-AD3F-EF0ECB8C17EB.png

• Like 1