Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
5 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Cough* lol south yorkshire would like to play too

Your gunna get all the snow sunday while us further north probably miss out .

On the flip side it does look like north/west yorkshire is best place for snow showers next week. 

But a lot of water to go under the bridge yet..

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Grimsby said:

Hi I’m new here, been following the threads for the last week or so, in the mods thread they’re all for the south? 
mine things for sure I’m happy it’s shifted north! How likely is it likely to stay that way as I have a feeling it will keep changing!

thanks , leanne 

welcome constant changes at the moment earlier it was south but it has shifted north which helps us just keep in here and a few of our more knowledgeable posters will keep us informed

Posted
1 minute ago, Harsh Climate said:

Your gunna get all the snow sunday while us further north probably miss out .

On the flip side it does look like north/west yorkshire is best place for snow showers next week. 

But a lot of water to go under the bridge yet..

ah ok was reading mod thread and sounded like no one up north was getting any lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Yeah the GFS has been very persistent with that streamer, with more or less the same location.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

welcome constant changes at the moment earlier it was south but it has shifted north which helps us just keep in here and a few of our more knowledgeable posters will keep us informed

Fab thank you! I’m keeping my fingers crossed! We’ve not had any decent snow in grimsby for absolutely ages , I darent even mention it to the kids

Ill keep checking the thread and everyone’s posts to see what’s what, 

thanks guys 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Grimsby said:

Fab thank you! I’m keeping my fingers crossed! We’ve not had any decent snow in grimsby for absolutely ages , I darent even mention it to the kids

Ill keep checking the thread and everyone’s posts to see what’s what, 

thanks guys 

yes rule 101 don't tell kids lol because if it goes wrong then you are the bad daddy lol

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, LeeSnowFan said:

ah ok was reading mod thread and sounded like no one up north was getting any lol

In my opinion the area of snow to the south east stretching into south yorkshire and lincolnshire sunday, should edge further north late in the day but becoming more showery, by monday I think this will be the real catalyst for intense snow showers/streamers over north/west (perhaps all yorkshire.) By then it will be no longer an organised band of snow, but a defined area of shower activity.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
27 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

You can clearly see what the Pennines do to these showers. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

GFS shows a massive streamer setup just North of the Humber around 1800 Monday and then maintain for around 36 hours.  It does look like it will waver around a bit but North Yorkshire looks to be in the direct firing line.  Hoping for something similar for South Yorkshire! 

951549A0-5DDF-458B-8337-7A0A7F74C078.gif

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

GFS shows a massive streamer setup just North of the Humber around 1800 Monday and then maintain for around 36 hours.  It does look like it will waver around a bit but North Yorkshire looks to be in the direct firing line.  Hoping for something similar for South Yorkshire! 

we await the next run and pub run still all to play for

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
5 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

I’d be buried if this came off. I can only hope lol.. I’m sure they’ll be lots of interest for lots of different areas for these streamers we are all in the game that’s one thing for sure

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Look at that area just south of hull though, If that chart was to come to fruition there's no way south yorkshire wouldn't get loads of shower activity two.

• Like 2

Time to retire to the regionals I think! The southern lot are dominating the MO thread now worrying over every single dodgy GFS operational. Some already slitting their wrists.

As for us lot, time to start sniffing out the hi-res output in the coming days and get radar watching by Saturday  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.
12 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

we shall all see some snow

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg(16).jpg

that is terrible for our region!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
16 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

Time to retire to the regionals I think! The southern lot are dominating the MO thread now worrying over every single dodgy GFS operational. Some already slitting their wrists.

As for us lot, time to start sniffing out the hi-res output in the coming days and get radar watching by Saturday  

Someone was playing hell on one of weather Facebook groups earlier because her location wasn't showing snow on a chart, location was Plymouth. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adam lufc said:

that is terrible for our region!!

They'll chop and change, precip charts always do! No point getting too hung up on one run  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Really liked the Gem 12z... cold and snowy from Sat/Sun in many guises right out to day 10 for Yorkshire. Has frontal attacks embedded and still ends up finishing with an easterly. C`mon Gem reel it in !!  

PS I forgot to mention it looks like rain south of England.. OH Dear 

Edited by bryan629
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow
13 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

Someone was playing hell on one of weather Facebook groups earlier because her location wasn't showing snow on a chart, location was Plymouth. 

Haha ... I'm close to throwing some toys out the pram

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Most of us will just and up 'radar watching' on the day will we not?

The fact that WE WILL have conditions across our region demanding that anything falling out of the sky will be snow is surely enough isn't it? (sorry for those bang on the coast as yours might be wet stuff?)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

A little over 48 hours to go until the fun and games start!

I'm plumping for somewhere in our region below 200m getting 30-40cms before this spell is over and I would not be surprised to see somewhere on high ground getting 60cms plus......

Sounds outrageous but feasible given the set up I reckon ❄❄❄

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Kentish Snowman in Yorks said:

A little over 48 hours to go until the fun and games start!

I'm plumping for somewhere in our region below 200m getting 30-40cms before this spell is over and I would not be surprised to see somewhere on high ground getting 60cms plus......

Sounds outrageous but feasible given the set up I reckon ❄❄❄

nearly chocked on my dinner lol in a good way , I'm 125asl but was only expecting 10-15cm ..... double would be nice

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
Just now, LeeSnowFan said:

nearly chocked on my dinner lol in a good way , I'm 125asl but was only expecting 10-15cm ..... double would be nice

Yeah 10-15cms would do but I think we can beat that!  South Yorkshire seem to do well from this setup but it would be great if the whole region gets a tonking!

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Hullsnow87 said:

How far are we off the hi res model picking up the instability will we see lake effect snow of the North Sea?

Hull streamers/disturbances and snow amounts wont be accurate or even show until inside 24 hours sometimes not at all and on the day with flash weather warnings for the met. Anybody from Scotland to South East England have a large window for heavy impactful snow so id just enjoy and watch the radar every day. 

Come tomorrow night we may have a better idea for saturdays snowy low and for the easterly wind and showers look saturday night.

Euro4 and NMM WRF are two models which ive found accurate imby 

So search euro4 meteociel and NMM WRF meteociel in google and if you wish to see if these forecast streamers youll see on there.

Euro4 in particular is good in streamer set ups

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1