Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
42 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

A long way off I know, and we have a good 4-5 days of snow showers to come first, but GEM is going for a spectacular breakdown event on Thursday.  As Scott has said, the breakdown maybe being over-estimated as is often the case with these scenarios, so we might yet get a few more days of Easterlies before we get here.

B9E45C0C-915B-4DE4-B920-1E890DF57B78.png

That wouldnt be a breakdown , just a warm up slightly, a lot ofsnow then it would slide off SE and pull the colder air back from E/NE #oldschoolwinter

• Like 1

Posted

hey everyone coastal lincolnshire here (skeggy) how we going to do with this being right on the coast? should I be stocking up my fridge . sorry if its the wrong regional but the lincolnshire one doesnt seem to be very active

• Like 1

Posted

I'm right on the south Yorkshire border and Lincs border here in North Notts. ( 65 miles inland ) That's why I use this model as its the closest my little village has to a family. 

These snow charts are always iffy this far out because they don't pick up streamers or showers as well. We normally miss the majority in Walesby but i think that anyone could have a massive surprise dumping given the easterly being very direct. 

Plenty of moisture collected from the North Sea and dropped right over us. Since getting into model watching over the last cpl of years this is the most exciting it has been. This could be epic for us in this location. 

I don't even think we need anymore upgrades anymore as it stands. 

Truly amazing 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no
14 minutes ago, Craigers said:

ICON 00Z IS A BEAST FOR SATURDAY

overview_20210204_00_069.thumb.jpg.419769b079c91fdab9d49cd40dece780.jpgoverview_20210204_00_070.thumb.jpg.97043516fc59d1b1efa9af98c7461fc8.jpgoverview_20210204_00_071.thumb.jpg.7eb7d6ada65669b02362a0a4de7b0c49.jpgoverview_20210204_00_072.thumb.jpg.443526835efdbea4016ab55f3e5b33e7.jpg

What a beaut !!!  Would i be right in thinking that would deliver Yorkshires first 10cm of snow? 

Edited by bryan629
  • Like 1

Posted

Hope icon is right. Do you think there is a chance of a zone north of the front from the e/se killing shower activity before the easterlies set in properly?

Posted
30 minutes ago, bryan629 said:

What a beaut !!!  Would i be right in thinking that would deliver Yorkshires first 10cm of snow? 

Possibly 5-10cm base before the showers start!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
31 minutes ago, bryan629 said:

Lol nope. We have had 10cm+ twice already since the New Year.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, joggs said:

Hope icon is right. Do you think there is a chance of a zone north of the front from the e/se killing shower activity before the easterlies set in properly?

If the low clears south east then all of Yorkshire will be in the polar convective flow (which is happening on all models) If the low stayed close to us then it would have the dreaded gap in shower activity over Yorkshire. Hope that made sense

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Kinks in isobars =snow = ordeurve 

image.thumb.png.dbca595834d3f007614553da0854b3d5.png

image.thumb.png.22e3b4d36abed4eebc5fe15972f1c3bb.png

image.thumb.png.575cbcf99dd18dcb96dca5368d820940.png

image.png

Edited by winterof79
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
43 minutes ago, alibabba said:

hey everyone coastal lincolnshire here (skeggy) how we going to do with this being right on the coast? should I be stocking up my fridge . sorry if its the wrong regional but the lincolnshire one doesnt seem to be very active

It's the right regional thread, this covers Yorkshire and Lincs.

Let's put it this way, I'll be doing my Boris-mandated exercise on Sunday afternoon at Saltfleetby, on the coast north of you. With my camera. From then until Thursday, it's snow showers all the way, with very little marginality.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Morning all!

We need to savour images like this one, they don't come around often. At least 3 ice days in a row showing next week.

Brilliant! ?️❄️☃️

Screenshot_20210204-085021__01.thumb.jpg.38d2fe575dc6cc381182445c24a4364b.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

Kinks in isobars =snow = ordeurve 

image.thumb.png.dbca595834d3f007614553da0854b3d5.png

image.thumb.png.22e3b4d36abed4eebc5fe15972f1c3bb.png

image.thumb.png.575cbcf99dd18dcb96dca5368d820940.png

image.png

ECM now follows icons idea for Saturday evening

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

When is the snow due to start? I have elderly parents and I usually drive from Leeds to Ackworth (Pontefract) on Saturday morning until lunchtime. Im guessing it's not due until Saturday evening still...?

Edited by Barking_Mad

Posted
1 minute ago, Barking_Mad said:

When is the snow due to start? I have elderly parents and I usually drive from Leeds to Ackworth (Pontefract) on Saturday morning until lunchtime. Im guessing it's not due until Saturday evening still...?

Yeh Sat Evening

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.
3 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Yeh Sat Evening

At least Tarn will get their game played on Saturday afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
1 hour ago, Craigers said:

ICON 00Z IS A BEAST FOR SATURDAY

overview_20210204_00_069.thumb.jpg.419769b079c91fdab9d49cd40dece780.jpgoverview_20210204_00_070.thumb.jpg.97043516fc59d1b1efa9af98c7461fc8.jpgoverview_20210204_00_071.thumb.jpg.7eb7d6ada65669b02362a0a4de7b0c49.jpgoverview_20210204_00_072.thumb.jpg.443526835efdbea4016ab55f3e5b33e7.jpg

Looks like rain for my area of south lincs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

String winds off the East coast bringing those showers well inland! 

8A3DA88D-115E-4143-85A6-04245634D0C8.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Can't really fault the overnight output or ECM this morning - all staying pretty rock solid so far when it comes to the weekend and next week.

Particularly interested in Sunday evening - this has been consistent for three days worth of runs now. I've been in three meteorologically defined blizzards in my life - one walking up Glen Clova in 1991, one in South Dakota in 1998 and the third driving, then stopping the side of the road for four hours between Varangerbotn in Norway and Ivalo in Finland in 2017. Sunday night *could* be number 4. Further inland - S Yorks and bits of W Yorks, North Notts, who will already have had snow on the Saturday could see some pretty impressive drifting as those showers penetrate well inland. The 2010 event, great though it was, never had winds gusting to 40mph, at least not down here. 

prectypeuktopo42.png

ukgust42.png

• Like 5

Posted

Oooh, looks like the main action is likely to dive south of here on Saturday evening, but no doubt we’ll be in the firing line for some decent showers on Sunday. 

On a separate note, the BBC app is currently showing a total of 2 snowflakes for Lincoln between Sunday and Wednesday, while my homies in Nottingham are on 3! More updates as they come in. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
2 minutes ago, HellItsHot said:

Oooh, looks like the main action is likely to dive south of here on Saturday evening, but no doubt we’ll be in the firing line for some decent showers on Sunday. 

On a separate note, the BBC app is currently showing a total of 2 snowflakes for Lincoln between Sunday and Wednesday, while my homies in Nottingham are on 3! More updates as they come in. 

Them apps are useless, always way out with temperatures and symbols half of time. 

I only use my BBC weather app for keeping an eye on destinations abroad that I visit. 

They seem to be more accurate with Benidorm than Sheffield. 

• Like 4

Posted
19 minutes ago, Just Before Dawn said:

Can't really fault the overnight output or ECM this morning - all staying pretty rock solid so far when it comes to the weekend and next week.

Particularly interested in Sunday evening - this has been consistent for three days worth of runs now. I've been in three meteorologically defined blizzards in my life - one walking up Glen Clova in 1991, one in South Dakota in 1998 and the third driving, then stopping the side of the road for four hours between Varangerbotn in Norway and Ivalo in Finland in 2017. Sunday night *could* be number 4. Further inland - S Yorks and bits of W Yorks, North Notts, who will already have had snow on the Saturday could see some pretty impressive drifting as those showers penetrate well inland. The 2010 event, great though it was, never had winds gusting to 40mph, at least not down here. 

prectypeuktopo42.png

ukgust42.png

and the showers look set to continue monday into tuesday as well some pretty impressive totals for a few lucky areas

• Like 1

Posted

I'm getting a bit worried with some of the ppn charts I see for my area. Looks like there won't be much activity here and most of it is going south? 

Posted

Good morning to all in the Yorkshire thread-thankfully no apparent downgrades this morning, well not to my untrained eye. Can anyone shed any light on the meto local forecast. Meto don’t have particularly many snow symbols on the areas from say Hull to Sheffield. Appreciate we are under the yellow warning but the temperatures just look quite high on meto considering what you are showing on here. Also the beeb are the complete opposite and are showing several hours of snow here to Sheffield. It’s all very confusing and I want to plan for snowmaggedon and steal the neighbours kids.  Obviously I cant go sledging on my own without looking a bit weird.  My youngest was 8 in 2010 so he’s not really up for snow day anymore! Thoughts appreciated many thanks