Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
11 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Doubt it. I was in BD11 then with 23cm.

Targets are 12cm in 2018 and 16cm in 2013 (though that excludes the final snowfall as I could not measure for 48 hours).

I lived in Doncaster back then and had 32cm with rotherham almost 2ft in places.

This has more instability than the 2010 event potentially longer duration so its the potential and risk of being more intense than 2010 if prolonged into Friday.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

just been reminiscing, back to 2010  

bring it on.

Gedc0020.jpg

Gedc0027.jpg

Gedc0034.jpg

GEDC0038.JPG

Stupotsphone175.jpg

Stupotsphone182.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
38 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

Hope things are OK with you pal. 

By Thursday I think we'll be exhausted by the potential /reality shown. 

Im okay m8 my mums not good at all but no worse. My Dad wants me to get some normality back which imcludes my passion for the weather! I see an extension of cold on tomorrows 0z and better heights building to the North

• Like 6

Posted

If its like this for solid 4-5days then I will start to think it could end up better than 2010 for Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.

monprec.png.2f8a4994a1dc711bdb8a65b1f21f7ae1.thumb.png.348ef46c5f2331d20ef095f0380c66f7.png

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Craigers said:

If its like this for solid 4-5days then I will start to think it could end up better than 2010 for Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.

monprec.png.2f8a4994a1dc711bdb8a65b1f21f7ae1.thumb.png.348ef46c5f2331d20ef095f0380c66f7.png

Think of  the amazing snowboarding you can have lol 

Posted
Just now, LeeSnowFan said:

Think of  the amazing snowboarding you can have lol 

Haha been scoping more hills near Ardsley mate. This one could be good.

20210203_133707.thumb.jpg.720ef064096e126534ad1f33abded889.jpg20210203_133430.thumb.jpg.812679f97f8ca57bfa3954e179f2ab6b.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
11 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Im okay m8 my mums not good at all but no worse. My Dad wants me to get some normality back which imcludes my passion for the weather! I see an extension of cold on tomorrows 0z and better heights building to the North

Pm me if you need to talk pal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Aiden2020 said:

Does anybody know how pocklington or generally York gets out off easterlies usually ?

Depending on the shadow effect from the North York Moors but should always do good being exposed to the Easterly winds. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
49 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Doubt it. I was in BD11 then with 23cm.

Targets are 12cm in 2018 and 16cm in 2013 (though that excludes the final snowfall as I could not measure for 48 hours).

We had 28cm here. Parts of Leeds had 32cm. 

I’d be over the moon to get that again.

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, Hullsnow87 said:

Kasim, Scott what’s your thoughts on East Yorkshire hull? Thanks

Your right in the firing line.

With an ENE wind and not much change to the wind flow id have you down for a minimum of 20cm

Wont be till friday at least and assistance from hi res and short term troughs disturbances and troughs that i could put any more meat on the bone than that

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Your right in the firing line.

With an ENE wind and not much change to the wind flow id have you down for a minimum of 20cm

Wont be till friday at least and assistance from hi res and short term troughs disturbances and troughs that i could put any more meat on the bone than that

Thanks Scott much appreciated excited about this thoughts are with you wishing your mum a speedy recovery pal

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Well I've booked Monday as annual leave, put the winter gear in the car and charged the camera batteries, so that's probably screwed it.

Sorry.

Edited by Just Before Dawn
  • Like 4

Posted

Looking incredibly good for these here parts!

Just had a browse through the model thread for a nationwide overview - but it seems to be ermmmmm,  region locked.....

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bitter Cold in winter and Extreme heat in summer

I’m currently part furloughed and my days off next week are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. My teenage daughter has additional needs and is currently in school as she has ADHD and Autism. She has asked me to take her to school next week to which I’ve said ‘I’m not sure it will be open’. 

And finally I agree with other posts it’s unbearable in the MOD thread today. Can’t even be bothered posting. And boy if you dare to question the south getting snow you’re borderline banned. 

P.s great to see posts from Kasim and Scott. Thoughts as always with your mum Scott

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Hi all just moved to swineshead in Lincolnshire from hertfordshire so is this my new regional thread or is it really only for north Lincs? Thanks all

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
4 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Hi all just moved to swineshead in Lincolnshire from hertfordshire so is this my new regional thread or is it really only for north Lincs? Thanks all

I went to 6th form college in Boston, so I know Swineshead well. You're in the right place.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
5 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

All the best for your move to Swineshead Lincs, hope you settle in well. Your post caught my eye because I grew up in the other Swineshead a tiny hamlet in North Beds! I think we once visited your Swineshead, it’s a funny old place name!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
8 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

I'm not a million miles away and tend to stick to this thread. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
6 minutes ago, Just Before Dawn said:

I went to 6th form college in Boston, so I know Swineshead well. You're in the right place.

Oh excellent, thanks for confirming. Love it up here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

This was deleted and shoved into general chat in response to stodge. 

No malice Intended just truth. 

Sorry for full copy. Wax and wane mate twas ever the case in 79 and other classic winters never all cold. Sw always at the mercy of heavy snow and floods whilst further NE stays In the cold with bouts of very wintry weather. Nothing will change due to what we are, an island surrounded by water and at the end of the gulf stream

Like it or not the North of Britain has had wintry weather since New Year. Already shaping up to be a classic for them. 

Edited 4 minutes ago by winterof79

• Like 4