Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Very foggy here now. It is slowly melting but it's hanging on longer then I thought. Expected it to all be gone by now.

2c here. Remember that crazy BBC graphic for 12c today

• Like 6

Posted
4 hours ago, matt brid said:

Not a flake in snowless Bridlington so far this winter ~ plenty of cold rain. 

Different world here ! 

In Bempton we had wet snow this morning but it didnt stick, on my lunchtime bike ride I gain another 40m up into the Wolds, and this was just enough to give a slight slushy covering in places. Very cold and wet though 3C at best, but I think what has killed it is the dewpoint as this rose above 0C this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

still 5inches here but thawing slowly quicker. wont be the temps destroying snow cover. its the blasted rain that will destroy it.

Posted
12 minutes ago, mike57 said:

In Bempton we had wet snow this morning but it didnt stick, on my lunchtime bike ride I gain another 40m up into the Wolds, and this was just enough to give a slight slushy covering in places. Very cold and wet though 3C at best, but I think what has killed it is the dewpoint as this rose above 0C this morning.

Getting pretty tiresome now though this isnt it.  York had an good covering 2nd time for them simliar altitude is it just the fact there further inland? why do these events always go against us here in lowland East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire 9 times out of 10 were 20 odd miles away from coast but right on the humber. 

Posted
Just now, Eastyorks85 said:

Getting pretty tiresome now though this isnt it.  York had an good covering 2nd time for them simliar altitude is it just the fact there further inland? why do these events always go against us here in lowland East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire 9 times out of 10 were 20 odd miles away from coast but right on the humber. 

the weekend could deliver to those who have missed out so hang in there

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Craigers said:

UKMO is perfect for us folk

image.png.b7e9a6761a7ff9508b4cd360f2d1cf53.thumb.png.ff362ce0c18c22c126e705991a682065.png16AE88B6-222B-4148-BDDE-D1A61490C984.gif.3857a07542f234d9175285c5561f1609.thumb.gif.c43dbd6f5aa9a41e62b8654cfe5261e0.gif

but if you look in the mad thread charts are bad lol then look at the location of the poster and there from the SOUTH!... this is why confusion sets in for many lol .. this is why we also have great posters like you on here

• Like 6

Posted
3 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

the weekend could deliver to those who have missed out so hang in there

Hope so i have followed these forums for years and always enjoyed the rollercoaster of emotions espcially in the modal thread. I wont take anything for granted till snow falls out of sky Easterlies have gone tits up within 72 hours before. Be happy with 5 or 10cms sticking around for few days not much to ask. 

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

but if you look in the mad thread charts are bad lol then look at the location of the poster and there from the SOUTH!... this is why confusion sets in for many lol .. this is why we also have great posters like you on here

Its only because I've been on here since 2004 . Years and Years of failed easterlies. But yeah look at the deeper low pressure blues over Yorkshire that can form immense instability and thundersnow

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Its only because I've been on here since 2004 . Years and Years of failed easterlies. But yeah look at the deeper low pressure blues over Yorkshire that can form immense instability and thundersnow

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
33 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

It is a bit like a six hour rotating freak-out on there at the moment. I think I'm probably going to sack it off until Thursday or Friday and have a look then, when it's a bit closer to the reliable.

Getting a bit foggy here - feels like a good night for some exercise.

Edited by Just Before Dawn
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
33 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Always been the same in there. I have been visiting this forum for years and used to go in the mad thread everyday, i stay out of it now, cant remember the last time i read anything in there, would just rather stick to this thread from now on, saves on the drama from the southerners

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Just Before Dawn said:

It is a bit like a six hour rotating freak-out on there at the moment. I think I'm probably going to sack it off until Thursday or Friday and have a look then, when it's a bit closer to the reliable.

Getting a bit foggy here - feels like a good night for some exercise.

yeh its foggy here and  melted snow which might turn  ice , hope not need some rain now! weekend is still looking good for much of yorkshire

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

GFS drives a huge stake into the beast from the east and sends it packing. UKMO sticking to it's guns so now waiting for the ECM for the deciding vote. Even if the gFS is correct Snow is still on the cards for some with the heavy precipitation.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Just seen Paul Hudson's tweet from this lunchtime, he seems to think it's not nailed and explained that it could even be opposite from beast from East with South or South Westerly winds model he showed. 

I wouldn't class Paul as mild ramper so we shall see. 

Edited by Bradowl
  • Like 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, Eastyorks85 said:

I think the issue on the coast with the set ups this year has been sea surface temperatures, it warms the air just enough to keep it above the 'snow point',  further inland evaporative cooling brings the temperature back down. Some one with more knowledge may able to expand/correct

• Like 1

Posted

Fantastic UKMO and GEM this afternoon, a bit of an iffy gfs control run but probably be on milder side of its essembles. Would love ECM 12z to match last nights run but will be a bit of an ask, might get a slightly watered down version.

We are not far away from at least a couple of glorious days with heavy snow showers blowing in on a strong easterly breeze, with max temps not exceeding -1/ -2c for most areas. An other idea i saw banded around was a 1987 type set up with 2/3 days heavy snow setting up for pretty much the whole eastern side of england. We shall see.

UW144-21.gif

gem-16-240.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

I've been in here a few years and I still can't understand charts to save my life, despite trying! Yet I do know the modelling thread is to be taken with a pinch of (rock) salt. Folk get way over invested over something they have zero control over, way in advance of it happening. And the weather being the weather makes predicting it incredibly difficult and best left to the experts, who are still often wrong! 

Still it's an amusement to view the modelling thread. More drama than an Eastenders Christmas special. 

Edited by Barking_Mad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

My forecast guess for the weekend in Yorkshire is cold with snow, heavy in places. 

#vague 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

RIP SIR TOM MOORE! SO MUCH TO THE NHS N YET THIS BLASTED VIRUS KILLED HIM.

TOP LAD. BLESS HIM.

• Like 7