Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Ice  day (this is soooo rare here): maxed out at -0.1°C so really close. I'm chuffed!

• Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Oh dear, and netweather banned him for being too informative! Talk about an own goal  

Kasim is exceptional. Weve had some very late night chats and his knowledge for his age self taught is excellent. Ill be hoping to be back soon to this and contributing to his website shortly. Ive just needed to concentrate on my mums health

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder
1 minute ago, Scott Ingham said:

Kasim is exceptional. Weve had some very late night chats and his knowledge for his age self taught is excellent. Ill be hoping to be back soon to this and contributing to his website shortly. Ive just needed to concentrate on my mums health

Sorry to hear your mum's not well, all the best to you and her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, bazookabob said:

Sorry to hear your mum's not well, all the best to you and her. 

Thanks m8 shes slowly getting better! Just quickly but thursday does look very interesting hopefully i can add some more meat on that in the next day or so!

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, bazookabob said:

Oh dear, and netweather banned him for being too informative! Talk about an own goal  

Wow he's still a teenager, I thought he was in his mid 20s with that tash. Good look to the lad

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Wow he's still a teenager, I thought he was in his mid 20s with that tash. Good look to the lad

Article is from 2015, so he’ll now be in his early 20’s.  

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Scott Ingham said:

Why was Kasim banned? Absolutely crazy! He has been one of the best contributers to this forum this season. Along with your good self.

Posted
30 minutes ago, blizzard81 said:

Why was Kasim banned? Absolutely crazy! He has been one of the best contributers to this forum this season. Along with your good self.

Its not really for me to say mate tbh your best off asking him and thank you mate!

Edited by Scott Ingham

Posted

In the Ryburn valley we seem to be perfectly aligned for the one or two showers which have fallen overnight. Currently snowing all be it lightly at the moment. Lovely all the same, freshening up what laying snow we already have up here

Thursday looks interesting, and after that!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

I don't wish I'll on the MET but I hope their local forecast for midweek is a complete bust as it stinks. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

I don't wish I'll on the MET but I hope their local forecast for midweek is a complete bust as it stinks. 

I’m strongly preferring Arpege for Thursday!

17620079-9252-4A55-A93E-C9149787EF88.png

• Like 3

Posted

Unfortunately I think METO has it right for Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday any wintry ppn will be over 250asl with sleet maybe in lower levels under heavier bursts. Thursday will be all rain unless something changes drastically. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Failed ice day temps rose overnight now getting windy as well.

Posted
23 hours ago, Bradowl said:

Anything more than 1cm brings South East to a standstill, I'm expecting it being main News story later on BBC News.

"So is the southeast thread on here, I wonder if its because they never get snow, so don't know what 4 inches of it is supposed to look like! Having said that, looks like some spots in the Midlands did very well with similar amounts to what we had in the 2 events up here earlier in the month. "

All this mocking about people in the SE thread,a lot of us havent seen one snowflake yet.But why are so many bothered in this thread over how much snow  or not we get.

Obssesed or what

• Like 1

Posted

Beautiful sunny day here little bit of frost left in the shade the wind is cold but i must admit sun feels nice out of the breeze. And its nice to think that in an few months the sun be high enough to sit out in garden if the weather play ball that is. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Local met office automated forecast is now suggesting sleet turning to snow tomorrow evening with the temperature not rising above 3c all day.  Interesting!

Screenshot_20210125-135518_Met Office.jpg

Temperature not forecast to rise above 6c all week now either with sleet on Thursday which was supposed to be the day the mild weather swept in?

Today could be the warmest day of the week!

Edited by Kentish Snowman in Yorks
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

METO medium range is pants to be blunt. 

Unsettled conditions look likely to dominate for this period, with low pressure across the UK. Therefore, this should bring changeable weather to most of the country, with periods of rain, showers, and strong winds at times. While mild westerly and southwesterly winds are expected to be dominant for most of the period, occasional colder northerly winds are possible, bringing a chance of snowfall, likely confined to far northern parts. Towards the end of the period, we may see high pressure bringing a higher than average chance of cold weather more widely with wintry outbreaks. If this were to occur many inland and southern areas would likely see drier than average conditions, with some overnight frost and fog.

Posted
23 hours ago, bazookabob said:

So is the southeast thread on here, I wonder if its because they never get snow, so don't know what 4 inches of it is supposed to look like! Having said that, looks like some spots in the Midlands did very well with similar amounts to what we had in the 2 events up here earlier in the month. 

Down here we don't need to know what 4 inches "look" like, we have these things called rulers and other measuring devices. Probably best not to let your missus know when they finally arrive in Yorkshire. Dont want the truth getting out do we.

Posted
22 minutes ago, ptow said:

Down here we don't need to know what 4 inches "look" like, we have these things called rulers and other measuring devices. Probably best not to let your missus know when they finally arrive in Yorkshire. Dont want the truth getting out do we.

I'll be sure to bear that in mind, thanks for the warning! I stand by my assertion that some of the depths claimed by your south-eastern brethren were comically off the mark though! Still, your lot did better than us yesterday so I can't mock too much! Enjoy it ? 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, bazookabob said:

I'll be sure to bear that in mind, thanks for the warning! I stand by my assertion that some of the depths claimed by your south-eastern brethren were comically off the mark though! Still, your lot did better than us yesterday so I can't mock too much! Enjoy it ? 

I am sure there is some poetic license applied with measurements throughout the land.

I can confirm an accurately measured 9.5cm yesterday in Hawley, Hampshire (28 miles South west of London, 67 m asl). Still half of it left now, out of the sun.  Good luck for the rest of the winter. Am often in Horsforth/Yeadon and really enjoy the micro climate up there!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, ptow said:

I am sure there is some poetic license applied with measurements throughout the land.

I can confirm an accurately measured 9.5cm yesterday in Hawley, Hampshire (28 miles South west of London, 67 m asl). Still half of it left now, out of the sun.  Good luck for the rest of the winter. Am often in Horsforth/Yeadon and really enjoy the micro climate up there!

Yes here's hoping for an event we can all benefit from in the near future! Incidentally I drove through Horsforth a couple of weeks ago when it was buried in snow on a Friday lunchtime, North Leeds is a good spot for snow in winters like this one! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Yes here's hoping for an event we can all benefit from in the near future! Incidentally I drove through Horsforth a couple of weeks ago when it was buried in snow on a Friday lunchtime, North Leeds is a good spot for snow in winters like this one! 

Yes, some really good elevation. Family member lives right at the top and often sends pictures. He can be frozen/snowed in even when Horsforth Town Centre is slushy. Lucky bugger! One day I might make the move but too far to go to footy

• Like 1