Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

The fronts moving that fast it could become a rain fest. However the entrenched cold is east of the pennines so may result in the front slightly decaying

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
42 minutes ago, sorepaw1 said:

Looking forward to next Friday onwards certainly lots to look forward to in Yorkshire especially North and East Yorkshire. 

Currently-3.oC here freezing fog 

And 4" of lying snow.

Picture taken from end of my driveway .

Chart above shows a decent northerly. 

Everything is just getting going now in regards cold and snow 

Sit back relax and listen to sorepaw 

I've studied charts for over 30 years enjoy...

Below is my Volvo V40 Cross Country All wheel drive with winter tyres on. 

A must up here in winter.

21012209_1512.gif

20210115_163051.jpg

For a regular road vehicle, as apposed to true off-road , the Volvo AWD system is excellent.  I’ve got an XC60 and its got me out of several tricky situations without any fuss over the last few years.  Yesterday, I managed to get all over Barnsley as I needed whilst cars, vans, and HGVs were getting stuck and being abandoned all over the place.

My 4 year lease ends in March so this time I’ve gone for an XC40, and hoping it performs just as well!

Posted
1 hour ago, Winter Cold said:

Abbie was very bullish wasn't she! Hhmmm, I'm not sure tonight will give much.

Right now, conditions are good, sub zero temps and dews, but I guess it may come down to how much mixing we see early on

Yeah surprisingly so! I just dont see it myself but id love to be surprised. 

Weve been surprised for the better this winter already!

• Like 1

Posted

See the Southern mob having a bash at us northerners again on mmod thread. If you dare to mention we've had a winter the usual in the dales and hills crap comes out 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, SouthYorks said:

Not surprised by Ravenseat topping the cold chart!  It’s where the Yorkshire Shepherdess farms and lives with her family.  I follow her on Instagram, and they’ve had some really challenging weather over the last few weeks, with deep snow, drifts and bitter temps.

Great photos by the way!

Yes I set up the weather station with her last July. It’s a very unique location as it’s a frost hollow at 385m, my highest frost hollow station. I’m looking at working with her hopefully this summer with setting up a station with her much higher on her land. She has 2000 acres with land that goes up to 560m asl but very tricky setting one up in such a remote area with no phone signal.

55B9F9F7-DB9F-4E99-90C6-3F8849064E5E.thumb.jpeg.bf694771a0b36a0383313f085007be36.jpeg559CFD94-110B-420D-B3D6-AE459C3512A2.thumb.jpeg.07a7f60e2f61abecc1e41161a2f20bec.jpeg

Edited by vizzy2004
Wrong photos
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

Yes I set up the weather station with her last July. It’s a very unique location as it’s a frost hollow at 385m, my highest frost hollow station. I’m looking at working with her hopefully this summer with setting up a station with her much higher on her land. She has 2000 acres with land that goes up to 560m asl but very tricky setting one up in such a remote area with no phone signal.

55B9F9F7-DB9F-4E99-90C6-3F8849064E5E.thumb.jpeg.bf694771a0b36a0383313f085007be36.jpeg559CFD94-110B-420D-B3D6-AE459C3512A2.thumb.jpeg.07a7f60e2f61abecc1e41161a2f20bec.jpeg

E9B78833-04C3-4BAC-8969-4DB0C36B75F1.jpeg

2F148BDC-3B74-46C2-846B-7F3B64EAC836.jpeg

70D102ED-2A94-4A14-8E94-743E44F06FF6.jpeg

16BDC92B-B58E-473F-BD1D-D04C5FA6EC17.jpeg

4EA904FD-3F93-44A1-BCF8-F2ECA013F4D5.jpeg

Brilliant!  I love the way they choose to live their lives and bring up their kids!  I think you have to be a special type of person to be able to live in such a remote but amazing location!

Posted
29 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

See the Southern mob having a bash at us northerners again on mmod thread. If you dare to mention we've had a winter the usual in the dales and hills crap comes out 

Its a joke.

Then a few cms tomorrow gets about 25 posts that should be in the regional thread allowed on there.

Double standards due to combination bias.

Im sticking to the regionals its off putting

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

The wind has picked up here big ,,,,time! Like i said the fog comes in due to upper n low dwn (snow covred) airmasses. Now the fog has left to low level cloud. Too much wind going off here. Wht a shame but a beautiful 2, days of deep again!!

All gone by tmz according to met site of heavy rain. Why have that warning?.

Is it because for once showibg heavy rain thry naybe right. Always prefer seeing snow thaw gradually rather than it rained on!

Bbc app says different lol. Wht a joke.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman in Yorks said:

Bloody Southerners! 

Funny that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Hello! Don’t often venture in here but clearly tension is running high and I’d make it quite clear that nobody is ‘in the crap’ are they?

happy to be challenged, but the point of removing a number of posts tonight is absolutely nothing to do with north or south bias, it’s about the model thread being clogged with regional specific discussion which is not in line with the model thread theme.

Again, happy if any of you want to pick this up with me over PM, but let’s not create drama for drama’s sake eh?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, SouthYorks said:

For a regular road vehicle, as apposed to true off-road , the Volvo AWD system is excellent.  I’ve got an XC60 and its got me out of several tricky situations without any fuss over the last few years.  Yesterday, I managed to get all over Barnsley as I needed whilst cars, vans, and HGVs were getting stuck and being abandoned all over the place.

My 4 year lease ends in March so this time I’ve gone for an XC40, and hoping it performs just as well!

We've a Vauxhall Mokka 4x4. even though it's a Vauxhall, it's never failed us when getting to calls. except when we got stuck in a 6ft drift just up the back of Oxspring a couple of years ago (during the beast from the east). Luckily a couple of passing Range Rovers spotted us and towed us out

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Well, for us bordering Gtr M/cr I think we can go to bed & expect green field by tomorrow?

We might se 1/2 hr of 'Frontal Snow but the warmth will win out....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

There is a few echoes starting to show up on the radar now ahead of the main band,there could be a dusting in places from these.

• Like 1

Posted

Just woke up, had a dusting from the first sliver of precipitation just pushed through. Now snowing lightly still temp creeping up yo now -0.4c expect at some point after next lot pushes in to turn to rain. Might be epic as it pushes in though at first with bright colours on radar. 

Posted

The next band is only supposed to be snow for an hour then rain. 

I do think there is a small chance for high ground it could remain as snow in places. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Temps have risen a degree in the last 1.5 hours.

Current +1C dew point -.1C

Could do without anymore snow for now, Thursday panicked a number of carers and 2 even walked off the job!