Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
Just now, LeeSnowFan said:

lol look at my name lol snowww fan lol  gimme gimme gimme and it annoys the southerners

oh ok then i will let you off haha 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Not quite an ice day but very cold, high of 0.2C. The sun came out a couple of times but otherwise it’s been misty/foggy all day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

A stunningly beautiful scene right across West Yorkshire as I drove home this lunchtime with the sun out and everything coated in snow and ice like something from the Alps! Shame I couldnt get any pics. We did really well from yesterday's front, shame it's going to melt tomorrow. Am hoping for something not from the west next week as you don't get scenes like today with the higher dew points that usually brings. Easterlies or disrupting fronts like yesterday please! Here's some pics of the garden looking great and one of my rabbits enjoying it! 20210115_134406.thumb.jpg.79bd73e5323603b6e8d8b1a5ac122f14.jpg20210115_143125.thumb.jpg.49e13495bbadb7a073eee1bcec167db9.jpg20210115_143420.thumb.jpg.ce53e8393b2c7d02d206f17e421786c4.jpg20210115_131943.thumb.jpg.771a6027210f33a991fd9dab34b0aefd.jpg20210115_123809.thumb.jpg.b89e74464759ca9baa2449dc938e27ca.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Freezing fog lurking with intent right now.

Otherwise up to 1.8C now back down to -0.7C already.

Posted

why is it when london and the south are to get snow it makes the news lol

skynews-snow-uk-scotland_5238299.jpg?202
NEWS.SKY.COM

A warning of snow and ice on Saturday is also in place for most of England and Scotland.

• Like 3

Posted

Freezing fog forming in Dodworth right now. 

Edited by Slysi100

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Annoyingly I can't call today an ice day because it was 0.2c just after midnight last night, grrrr!

But other than that, it hasn't been above freezing all day during daylight. Down to -1.1c here again ❄️

• Like 1

Posted

Bit late but some photos from Harrogate of yesterday’s dumping. A good 2” short on last Fridays efforts but not disappointed

C34217A8-FB1B-49C4-93A1-08B75E4FC230.jpeg

48FFFD66-B999-46F8-9D58-51E3AAB0C244.jpeg

07150820-443F-4406-BFF8-4080EC2AF6B3.jpeg

E283A707-C367-49E6-ACAA-187B580F8F8A.jpeg

B06F6EE5-6DC5-471C-AB22-C9ADB271FC25.jpeg

AAFF83EF-2A3C-4427-8575-F541D4EAFD1B.jpeg

15E5E901-3F52-4571-A5F6-C206295FD497.jpeg

97DD4836-5C2C-49DB-9D93-E7E5287E70F6.jpeg

434CD01A-56EF-4A0B-B665-E273EF6B8712.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Can we get some last minute upgrades on 12z for overnight.?? The mets warnings have been rubbish here. Way over what was predicted but the met app has been nearly spot on n not looking so good come early morning even with temps of 0c. It seems that the wind blowing in will be the issue here thereby quickly moving colder air away slowly from the top to the snow level very low down.

The fog alrrady says it all. Frrezing air over us but milder uppers hence producing the fog

Posted

Its so sad to see this beautiful wonder winterland that you get to see for months on end in a ski resort rapidly thawing n dissapearing during tomoorow! Temps not that high but a big thaw yes.

Imagine guys n girls that if the rain on wed had been snow too we would all have easily over a foot which would survive the thaw very well indeed.

• Like 1

Posted

Need a v good euro4 tonight plz. Can peeps put up/on other good precip charts unless they are crap!!

How do some resorts ie.canada keep a mega snow base with air temps of 23c ! Peeps skiing in shorts etc... yet ours vanishes rapidly!!!

Posted

Anyone knw wht time euro4 comes out??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

Looking interesting for our region again overnight and into the morning big thaw as the system moves away but still could be some eye candy for the night owls or early birds tomorrow. fingers crossed for the system to just slow a fraction as it tracks eastwards  to bring more low lying areas into the game as this will slow the spread of the warmer air giving us the chance of a more wide spread snow fall at lower levels. Then hopefully I slight warm spell until we head back cold further into next week and towards next weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Tell you what, it feels a hell of a lot colder when that freezing fog moves in! Looks Baltic out there now 20210115_160344.thumb.jpg.b00c0a1262b4712455311ce28ab228e3.jpg20210115_160421.thumb.jpg.50ef967dcf6d744ca3f5d43317f4e734.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

5-10cm in E Anglia on Saturday and they get an amber warning. What is it with southerners and being soft as owt?

Aye. And, when I were up in the Highlands, you'd have been lumped together with those very same 'southern softies''!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
8 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

5-10cm in E Anglia on Saturday and they get an amber warning. What is it with southerners and being soft as owt?

The front is expected to slow down as it crosses the SE, maybe it could slow down over our region instead. 

Posted

Amber warning for 5-10cm

Where was our amber warning on two occasions out of four for more than 10cm! Got to laugh really. These meteorologists are payed so much money too. 

Posted

Guys when does euro4 update?????????

Posted

I just noticed the met warnings and an amber for the soft southerners. I can just see tomorrow’s headlines!

I also need to report that I have some snow symbols on the BBC. Now that’s a first lol. We shall see but I’m not holding out any hope. Freezing fog is just rolling in and my god it’s cold outside. 

• Like 3

Posted

Sorry guys i had covid 2 weeks ago and ive felt shattered all day!

Looking at the 12z i see this as a higher ground event above 250 metres. Surface cold will definitely help lower levels for the first half hour to an hour of precipitation until mixing of the air increasingly turns snow to sleet and then rain in our location.

Areas in North Yorkshire may see a small covering above 150m until this turns to rain.

This is an event for the south east as mixing will happen much slower along with slacker air helping with evaporative cooling to allow a substantial fall with these areas warming slightly after the precipitation has left us.

The medium term is what takes my eye later next week onwards as mild sectors look south of us along with supportive conditions i.e wet bulb and dps coupling with moisture from the west to create a potentially very snowy period to come the following week. So a temprorary rest bite until our best period of wintry weather looking more and more likely

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Scott Ingham said:

Sorry guys i had covid 2 weeks ago and ive felt shattered all day!

Looking at the 12z i see this as a higher ground event above 250 metres. Surface cold will definitely help lower levels for the first half hour to an hour of precipitation until mixing of the air increasingly turns snow to sleet and then rain in our location.

Areas in North Yorkshire may see a small covering above 150m until this turns to rain.

This is an event for the south east as mixing will happen much slower along with slacker air helping with evaporative cooling to allow a substantial fall with these areas warming slightly after the precipitation has left us.

The medium term is what takes my eye later next week onwards as mild sectors look south of us along with supportive conditions i.e wet bulb and dps coupling with moisture from the west to create a potentially very snowy period to come the following week. So a temprorary rest bite until our best period of wintry weather looking more and more likely

Mate with all due respect i hope your well etc. But i told my wife to be about you catching it twice etc. Are you actually going out there and being careful n wearing a mask.... cos she asked the questions....

Posted

Reason i say being we went out to enjoy tge snow away from peopke. So many others dnt n its an absolute disgrace!  350 people fined today in roundhat park for being dinosaur!! Abide by the law i say to those.

Anyone who disagrees-wud u drive ur car without insurance??

N do those others not care about there family??  12 peeps in their 20s died from covid (china plague) in the last 2weeks alone. Wtf. Gets me annoyed seeing people disrespect the LAW.

• Like 1