Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
4 minutes ago, Muffelchen said:

Oooh, a treat - some sleet!   Temp has been falling, now 2.4°C with a DP of 1.9°C  

we had some snow at High Hunsley just 3 miles out of North Newbald earlier ( couple of cm ) but melting now

• Like 1

Posted

Wow what an event, we hit the jackpot here!  atleast 4" here but hard to tell and just got in from work so need to take a measurement. Absolute chaos on the road, even ouside my house with motorists stranded. 

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Doesn't  want to let up.

Screenshot_20210114-140147.thumb.png.9656d92ee471ccd0d576e86d36bf9e73.png

Parts of North Leeds are stuck under a heavier echo. 

1361861669_Screenshot_20210114-1402272.thumb.png.42e6516d31d5aed2ee3fb94ac59c4630.png

Similar scenes here, thankfully the snow line with all snow has been around 250ft around here, rather than the 550ft last friday!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine
7 minutes ago, Pennine Ten Foot Drifts said:

Definitely more patches of heavier ppt at 2.00 than 1.45:

image.thumb.png.ca0024aa136a92c5100d09617a33e67f.png

image.thumb.png.a5502ae6b0753b961426bfaf76613bef.png

A trend or a blip?

I'm just outside Rotherham and I would say it's definitely intensified again in the last 20 minutes or so....

Posted
9 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Wow what an event, we hit the jackpot here!  atleast 4" here but hard to tell and just got in from work so need to take a measurement. Absolute chaos on the road, even ouside my house with motorists stranded. 

Buzzing you got hit hard mate! We have nearly 10cm at 66metres high!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
1 minute ago, Premier Neige said:

I'm just outside Rotherham and I would say it's definitely intensified again in the last 20 minutes or so....

Yes is it definitely still coming down at a rate of knots.  Just a shame we don't have bigger flakes! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
8 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Similar scenes here, thankfully the snow line with all snow has been around 250ft around here, rather than the 550ft last friday!  

What do you mean by snowline at 250ft ?  I'm at 50ft above sea level and its been snowing heavy here all day south east of leeds area

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Still snowing moderately here, but now getting worried about tonight and the -10C predicted. Going to be fun tomorrow morning trying to deal with the animals.

Posted
1 minute ago, Scott Ingham said:

Buzzing you got hit hard mate! We have nearly 10cm at 66metres high!

Yeaah man!, so pleased that most of us are getting a good dumping and not just one area.

This is certainly going to go down as one of the best snow events I've seen here, never seen such carnage on the normally busy A road outside my house.

Hopefully a bit more to come.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, CasMan said:

What do you mean by snowline at 250ft ?  I'm at 50ft above sea level and its been snowing heavy here all day south east of leeds area

I mean for close to 100% settling snow out of what's falling from the sky. At the lower part of ilkley where I was working today (200ft) there was a tiny bit of meltage in places/off trees.

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Muffelchen said:

Oooh, a treat - some sleet!   Temp has been falling, now 2.4°C with a DP of 1.9°C  

Send some this way since Jan 2013 when we had almost two weeks of lying snow i dont think we have recorded  24 hours of lying snow in the 8 Januaries since and unless something major pops up in two weeks wont be changing the 90's Januaries where Narnia compared to this ha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lovely quiet roads up near us.. was 6cm a couple of hours ago.. just about to head out again. 

BD5B8EAA-3B54-49C5-B5AB-FA1F36C82DAA.jpeg

2720C9A8-518D-4298-8FA1-8591422F55BE.jpeg

2287414F-BFEE-4C2D-9514-DC08E04E5CC4.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine
12 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman in Yorks said:

Yes is it definitely still coming down at a rate of knots.  Just a shame we don't have bigger flakes! 

I know what you mean but at least we've got a good few centimetres. Feel slightly sorry for those down south.... 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Yeaah man!, so pleased that most of us are getting a good dumping and not just one area.

This is certainly going to go down as one of the best snow events I've seen here, never seen such carnage on the normally busy A road outside my house.

Hopefully a bit more to come.

Yeah me too! One of the best events for the whole of yorkshire getting hit all at once! I was all prepared for 2 or 3 cms so this is a proper bonus! Some places look very cold tonight with clear skies and snow cover! Over to saturday. Lets see what tomorrows runs have to say

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Still moderate small flakes in Barnsley and still accumulating.  Looking good for a few more hours.

Have seen numerous reports on local Facebook groups regarding roads all over Barnsley completely impassable, with cars and vans abandoned,  several jack-knifed HGVs and loads of accidents.

My daughter, a primary school teacher, had to walk home from the school she works at as she is the main road from school is also impassable.  She has also had to walk some kids home as parents can’t get to the school!  The irony is her partner has Land Rover Defender, which will literally go through anything, but it’s currently in Bradford at the main dealer for servicing and some other work!  ?‍♂️

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

There's about 3-4'' here on the ground. Roads were not gritted either... I think buses in Leeds have stopped too and Tescos on Boar Lane was shutting.

ErswHLeUYAIz6QK.thumb.jpg.cf6ad731decac81d33290f71dd48533e.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Just got in from work and what a snow event and more than i expected here going on for 3" of snow now and still snowing

going to read the rest of the thread now.

• Like 4

Posted
21 hours ago, The PIT said:

Rescue services would have been really happy having to rescue you if you had an accident. Not sensible considering how stretched emergency services are right now.

I fell run a lot, I always have all the FRA fell running kit with me as per usual and i know the moors like the back of my hands. My wife had my route and knew when I would be back.

I'm sorry you're annoyed about something, but don't assume I don't know what I am doing.

...On the plus side, the snow is beautiful today...quite an accumulation up here!

• Like 1