Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
1 minute ago, Scott Ingham said:

Potentially im trying to get my head round it now. The pattern of precipitation hardly matches any of the high res models but there is signs now of backing up

Very complex situation but in a way it could pivot and stall over Yorkshire for longer

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Tinker Bell said:

Feeling like the poor relation right now.....where’s my invite to the party???

Drizzling rain in Hull as expected. hopefully we will get some snow before the end of winter

enjoying reading all the posts this morning, keep adding your pictures 

Same tbh not suprised these set ups rarely produced the goods here. Can see it snowing and settling in York at min another bust here and beginning to think going to be another snowless winter here.  Unless you count the faintest few flakes of dandruff on xmas morning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

So the transition to snow for my location started around 6am with icy rain which slowly moved through the stages till around 8am (a little slower than I thought obviously down to elevation which is around 120m and perhaps been west of the region) when the real stuff started to fall. Been snowing now for nearly two hours with heavier stuff falling since around 9am with approximately 1.5cm of lying snow now It’s been a slow process not only to get the cold in for the transition of snow but to get the cold and intensity in for the snow to settle and start to accumulate. Now all that is now in place it’s just a matter now of how much I’m guessing it’s going to be over the 2-5cm the met office predicted for most lower lying areas of our region due to currently already having nearly 2cm already, Question is how much more . 

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
6 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Nope hahahaha we said last night this would happen hahahahaha! Feel sorry for the midlands lot!

Don't be, I'm ecstatic

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Very complex situation but in a way it could pivot and stall over Yorkshire for longer

Signs of that now if so its great timing because were still in moderate precipitation

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Eastyorks85 said:

Same tbh not suprised these set ups rarely produced the goods here. Can see it snowing and settling in York at min another bust here and beginning to think going to be another snowless winter here.  Unless you count the faintest few flakes of dandruff on xmas morning. 

Different day, same old rubbish. Half way through winter already and snowless. This winter reminds me of the awful 2014/15 where inland areas got constantly hit while we had nothing. Every year seems to be this way now. If its going to be like this it might as well be mild.

Temp is 3.4C with a dewpoint of 1.7C so it isnt even close.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
2 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Im well happy for you mate!

Having looked at the radar it's showing signs of backing west again, which I'm guessing is the plan as big parts of the midlands are out of it atm

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, reef said:

Different day, same old rubbish. Half way through winter already and snowless. This winter reminds me of the awful 2014/15 where inland areas got constantly hit while we had nothing. Every year seems to be this way now. If its going to be like this it might as well be mild.

Temp is 3.4C with a dewpoint of 1.7C so it isnt even close.

Yer i must admit looking forward to spring March is usually good these days for an early taste of Spring like warmth. And we did ok in 2014/15 still an awful winter but we got some snow in the Jan big flakes for about 20 mins before turned back to rain was more of an slush fest though. Then got luckily in the Feb cant remember date with an few hours of snow in the early hours which gave few cms was all melted by dinner though.  

Posted

Is it snowing in York?  Railway webcam looks white but Lowther one looks underwhelming.  I went to uni there so have a special interest in it. Been really poor snow wise there in recent years as with other eastern parts in association with the death of the cold northerly.

Meanwhile here , really coming down here and getting deep quickly.  Still someway to go to beat last Fridays event but there is potential.

Edited by Tim A
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

About 1cm to 2cm of wet snow here now really fine stuff.

• Like 1