Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted

Still snowing here. A few cars about but all seem to be having trouble except 4x4's. Looking at the radar Knaresborough looks to getting hammered at the moment.

Posted
5 minutes ago, CasMan said:

So close to the heavy stuff but it's just going east to west not moving south

Screenshot_20210108_102908.jpg

If anything is still moving north. Just on the south edge of York we had light sleet about an hour ago, it’s since stopped

Posted
6 minutes ago, joggs said:

Light mainly sleet in Bingley. Wet ground and nothing settling. I'm too low.

Last Saturday was far superior here.

Have a stroll up't hill Joggs. Lovely scenes above east Morton. Bug flakes.

Posted

So jealous of those of you getting a good covering today! In the west mids we havent done badly since last monday with around 6cm falling last monday and sticking for most of the week, but heres to hopefully another decent cold and snowy spell in 2-3 weeks time. 

Posted

Is this band of snow over North Yorkshire expected to move south today at any point? 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Local forecast giving up on the idea by degrees

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Bit of a slushy mess here but white nonetheless. Temp 0.5c with a dew of 0.3c so very marginal.

961C583A-AF07-45DF-B02A-34D8B036D9CE.thumb.jpeg.872f90b0cfba57941afc8e7033efd376.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

Was at work for a few hours up in the Seacroft area of Leeds, its coming down fairly heavy there but not really laying on main roads. 10 minute drive across the city and drop in elevation to home and it's light and nothing has stuck.  Looks like just to the north of Leeds is getting quite a pasting.

28 minutes ago, fazzafarrand said:

It is moving very slowly in a southerly direction

Think it's moving more west than south. It's not got any closer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
6 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

The forecast for tonight must be out the window now too do you think?

It said all this clearing South and then a severe frost. It's possible this finally comes down during the night and we get something then.

Not been a great 24h for accuracy has it, but a good example of how even now we can get caught out with all the modern tech

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

I'm in London so haven't got to experience this but the current scene in the garden in Leeds.  

Beautiful but painful to see that I'm missing out on the beautiful pristine snow with maximum settling by just a couple hundred feet...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

The only thing moving south today is my food. 

garbage here in Chesterfield. Last night Snow forecast from 3am for most of today but nothing. How can they all get it wrong?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

The forecast for tonight must be out the window now too do you think?

It said all this clearing South and then a severe frost. It's possible this finally comes down during the night and we get something then.

Not been a great 24h for accuracy has it, but a good example of how even now we can get caught out with all the modern tech

Honestly would want that band to start moving south anytime soon, temps too high. If it wants to make its move south it can wait until later. Can’t imagine I would get much snow out it at this moment in time 2c dewpoint 0.9.

In regards to forecast, Met, BBC and a handful of models got the track of this completely wrong. It could well move south later today because it obviously has a mind of its own. Pleased for those of us in Yorkshire that are seeing snow though. Might not be South Yorkshire’s day. 

Edited by Danns

Posted

Yeah it just doesn't seem to be moving south very much at all. I'm on the southern edge and we've done pretty well here. Shame we seem to have no members a bit further north because they look to be getting an absolute pasting. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

The met office has been so behind with this as far as it’s app goes I know apps aren’t really reliable but you’d expect them to catch up on the nowcasting, snowing medium to heavy in my location and expected to get heavier in the next hour or so and with the slow process of the uppers and dew points lowering could get interesting for the next few hours, daughters school emailed to say online classes cancelled to let the kids play out in the snow because it’s important what has Covid done to our country .. Beautiful scenes out there but drive safe everyone

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
Typo

Posted
Just now, Yorkshirepudding said:

The met office has been so behind with this as far as it’s app goes I know apps aren’t really reliable but you’d expect them to catch up on the nowcasting, snowing medium to heavy in my location and expected to get heavier in the next hour or so and with the slow process of the uppers and few points lowering could get interesting for the next few hours, daughters school emailed to say online classes cancelled to let the kids play out in the snow because it’s important what has Covid done to our country .. Beautiful scenes out there but drive safe everyone

According to the Met Office, I've been under heavy snow for the last 4 hours whereas the radar reveals no precipitation at all and none within 20 miles or so. It's virtually useless in these marginal situations.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
22 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

Correct no movement south at all.