Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted

The band in the North Sea looks to be tracking towards the South Yorkshire depending on decay (looks very organised though) Leeds, Bradford, hull surely in the game aswell. @Scott Ingham regarding 850s got to imagine if models have been getting ground temps wrong for many 850s would have shared the same fate. Do you reckon this is why model outputs have been gradually getting colder? The warmth of the sea that many have banged on about spoiling out luck is a double edged sword because it also helps shower intensity. Fascinating weather picture at the moment. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Hi Guys, 

Just had a graupel from the shower on radar over ripon that just blew up out of nowhere. 

will let you know what comes out of the sky when the main feature just north at the moment  arrives soon. 

Looks like its going to be a good day radar watching. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Danns said:

The band in the North Sea looks to be tracking towards the South Yorkshire depending on decay (looks very organised though) Leeds, Bradford, hull surely in the game aswell. @Scott Ingham regarding 850s got to imagine if models have been getting ground temps wrong for many 850s would have shared the same fate. Do you reckon this is why model outputs have been gradually getting colder? The warmth of the sea that many have banged on about spoiling out luck is a double edged sword because it also helps shower intensity. Fascinating weather picture at the moment. 

Yes we now have a warning out for 1-2 cms to lower levels. 850s pushed in on north easterly to easterly winds always upgrade within the last 96 hours when entrnched cold has been here for a while

Screenshot_20210102-094634_Met Office.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Temp 1.0c, dew point -0.9c here as the showers inch ever closer (very, very slowly!) 

Posted
12 minutes ago, Danns said:

I think the warmth of the sea is generating way beefier showers and cold is being under estimated big time

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
1 minute ago, Scott Ingham said:

I think the warmth of the sea is generating way beefier showers and cold is being under estimated big time

Hopefully the theme this coming week

Good to see the warning out now

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Winter Cold said:

Hopefully the theme this coming week

Good to see the warning out now

Yeah i said yesterday where is the warning. 

Im looking forward to a day of radar watching

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bitter Cold in winter and Extreme heat in summer
1 minute ago, Scott Ingham said:

Yeah i said yesterday where is the warning. 

Im looking forward to a day of radar watching

You certainly did mate. Let’s hope for a good set of 12’s runs today to stop the bad vibe in the mad thread. Anyway you’re a great addition this year with your thoughts and positivity. As for today looks like we may get something in Leeds? Radar looks decent 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Decemberof2010 said:

You certainly did mate. Let’s hope for a good set of 12’s runs today to stop the bad vibe in the mad thread. Anyway you’re a great addition this year with your thoughts and positivity. As for today looks like we may get something in Leeds? Radar looks decent 

Leeds is looking a better spot than South Yorkshire on current runs but i feel we could all see something

Also thank you for the kind comments!

Edited by Scott Ingham
  • Like 2

Posted

4 hours of snow, with a heavy bit in the middle sounds good to me! ?️

Should get a decent amount if it happens...

Screenshot_20210102-101845__01.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

The warmth of the north sea along with lowish thicknesses is definitely beefing up the showers but that warmth off the north sea will be a spoiler for the easterly. It's okay for now as winds are slack and off shore but once they pick up and be on shore, there be too much mixing of the air and that is why sadly we are looking at more rain showers than anything too wintry although proper high ground should be okay though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Oh my God dont you just love it when this happens! Looking east from Garforth towards York/Selby... 20210102_102444.thumb.jpg.df0964807e3fabd8ba8773cd7737f549.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

4 hours of snow, with a heavy bit in the middle sounds good to me! ?️

Should get a decent amount if it happens...

Screenshot_20210102-101845__01.jpg

Your not far from me mate if you live Wickersley i live East Dene haha

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Geordiesnow said:

The warmth of the north sea along with lowish thicknesses is definitely beefing up the showers but that warmth off the north sea will be a spoiler for the easterly. It's okay for now as winds are slack and off shore but once they pick up and be on shore, there be too much mixing of the air and that is why sadly we are looking at more rain showers than anything too wintry although proper high ground should be okay though.

I agree sunday and monday first half but -8s and -9s tuesday and wednesday will be suffiecient in my opinion mate. 

Heights have also trended further north as well

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all, the mad thread is full of negativity this morning - I am seriously struggling to keep up, but after 10 years on here I have heard it all before!  Lucky few locations in the Yorkshire area today (radar watching) obviously not here as per usual but good luck and post your pictures. 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Tinker Bell said:

Morning all, the mad thread is full of negativity this morning - I am seriously struggling to keep up, but after 10 years on here I have heard it all before!  Lucky few locations in the Yorkshire area today (radar watching) obviously not here as per usual but good luck and post your pictures. 

some of them are worse than kids on there lol

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Your not far from me mate if you live Wickersley i live East Dene haha

Yeah I'm pretty close to you!

I'm actually in Bramley, near the King Henry pub but there's no option for here on the meto website lol

Posted
1 minute ago, Winter Cold said:

Yeah I'm pretty close to you!

I'm actually in Bramley, near the King Henry pub but there's no option for here on the meto website lol

I know where that is mate yeah! Jealous of the extra elevation you have there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
4 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

some of them are worse than kids on there lol

Finally some people are worse than me. 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Very encouraging to see showers building in situ. Good sign for the stuff over the North Sea to keep its intensity

Yeah I've been looking at that too, building nicely between Leeds and York!

• Like 2