IGNORED

Data on wunderground different to what's displayed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Good evening all

On recommendation of MAPANTZ I ended up purchasing a sainlogic ft0300

I have managed to link to wunderground and weathercloud

wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFAKEN5

but my pressure readings are relative pressure but it looks like all my local weather stations are absolute pressure

I can change between rel and abs on my display unit but it still uploads relative pressure readings.

I want to know if anyone else has had this issue or found a way around it?

On another note, is there a simple way of linking my station to the metoffice wow website?

I don't know if there is a way that I could link my wunderground data to the metoffice site?

Sorry for the long winded post, first time owner of a wifi weather station

16091896120084192685790024517395.jpg

1609189688143465126208202118942.jpg

1609189804701930875838641987518.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Have you adjusted your relative pressure? The relative pressure is the one you need to adjust to match your elevation. If you can match it to another station close by and set it accordingly, then it should be ok on wunderground.

############################################

I've done a quick calc to get your relative pressure, by using your data from that screenshot

Height above sea level = 67m
Absolute pressure = 970mb
Temp adjusted to 2.5°C

That comes to a relative pressure of 979mb

Looking at the latest pressure map, Norwich is around 979mb.

#############################################

As for sending to the MetOffice WoW, obviously it can't be done natively so you would need some kind of packet sniffer to get the data as it is being sent to the router. I expect someone has done it before, but some stations are easier than others.

some froggit/ecowitt stations have a port open on the LAN it is used on, and a piece of hardware can grab that data and then be sent to most weather networks.

You could email the manufacturer and ask them to implement WoW? It can't be that hard to add if they have included weathercloud/wunderground.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Only thing I have adjusted is the "storm theshold" from 2hpa to 4hpa. This just changes expected weather type based on the pressure rise up and down etc.

I will study the instructions tomorrow when I get chance but don't remember seeing any adjustment for relative pressure.

Luckily I have someone on the metoffice wow site with Davis vantage only 1.5 miles away and someone else similar distance in the opposite direction (this is how I flagged my pressure readings were not similar)

Thank you for the recommendation as this seems a fairly accurate station. I barely justified spending what I have done to the Mrs, could never justify something double the cost.

Luckily I bought the last one for the moment 

Edited by Norfolk_N_chance
Added more

• 9 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.

I have a Sainlogic ft-0300 too. Working fine 24hrs in but did you solve the how to adjust air pressure issue? How does the unit calculate difference between absolute and relative pressure?

Thanks

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.

OK so answering my own questions here just in case someone else gets stuck on this. I contacted Sainlogic and they replied with some instructions to adjust relative and absolute pressure (which were not in the manual I had) and it works.

Basically you press set and alarm for 5 secs to take you to calibration screen. Details attached. Hope that helps someone. It's a good little mid-priced weather station and with this adjustment I'm not happy.

ft0300 pressure adjustment.png