Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Cwmbach, Aberdare, Mid Glamorgan
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms
  • Location: Cwmbach, Aberdare, Mid Glamorgan

    Sat and Sunday’s events are sliders with forcing from the wedge of heights to the north 

    Tuesday is a SW-NE event as the fronts plough through 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.5k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    12z Oh look it’s a beast,  Gonna hit the south east,  It’s a stonker, quite a feast If it hits the South east!    18z Ok look a Kent clipper It will be brutal, 

    Seems to be dying out here now. Definitely a nice surprise though. This last month has been incredibly difficult for me as my mum passed away two days before Christmas. So these snow events have reall

    Looking good Wales !! Have to confess I've always had a soft spot for the Welsh, they were very very welcoming to Poles after World War 2.( I'm polish heritage). I used to go a place called

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
    1 minute ago, JamesL said:

    Not a fan of that model tbh 

    The hi-res ECM pretty much nailed the last one. I’d stick to that personally but it’s always nice to see the others fall into line as the event approaches 

    We all like different ones , i think hermonie has improved massively this winter. I think the ecm and hermonie are showing the same thing.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Cwmbach, Aberdare, Mid Glamorgan
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms
  • Location: Cwmbach, Aberdare, Mid Glamorgan
    Just now, snowy36 said:

    We all like different ones , i think hermonie has improved massively this winter. I think the ecm and hermonie are showing the same thing.

    That’s positive 👍

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ystalyfera / Ystradgynlais. 130m.
  • Location: Ystalyfera / Ystradgynlais. 130m.

    Just need it to drop the cold air another 100 miles South. 

    Not to much to ask for, over the next 24 hours?!

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Newport South East Wales
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
  • Location: Newport South East Wales

    770141565_Screenshot_20210128-224021_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ad5692c1a38908bf2ac5b000f1b8a2c3.jpgheavy rain 6 degrees on beeb then you have harmonie saying 10cm ....euro 4 above showing 6 hours of snow wtf 🤪 still no clue...though I will say the trend is south corrections as we get closer to the event.....ps 18z pubrun just came up with an insane run for cold with more snow on sat 06th....never known so many snow opportunities in one winter !....2009/10 prob

    Edited by goosey007
    • Like 3
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Stourbridge, 100m above sea level
  • Location: Stourbridge, 100m above sea level
    17 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

    Surely we'll see the warnings move further South tomorrow? Chances are though they'll remain unchanged.

    I think it’s gonna be a non event for most of wales/the mids to be honest, I’ve got a bad feeling, aside from the highest spots in the Brecons; even with my Midlands tinted glasses on 😅

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
    32 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

    I think it’s gonna be a non event for most of wales/the mids to be honest, I’ve got a bad feeling, aside from the highest spots in the Brecons; even with my Midlands tinted glasses on 😅

    Well im going to disagree 😄

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Stourbridge, 100m above sea level
  • Location: Stourbridge, 100m above sea level
    4 hours ago, snowy36 said:

    Well im going to disagree 😄

    I’d love to be wrong! Let’s see, hopefully 00z upgrades 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Cardiff/Reading Uni
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*
  • Location: Cardiff/Reading Uni

    I don’t think our snow chances will come on Saturday or Sunday (except high ground). Currently observing a potential trough early hours of Monday which will likely produce snow if we get it 

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Caerphilly
  • Location: Caerphilly
    12 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

    I don’t think our snow chances will come on Saturday or Sunday (except high ground). Currently observing a potential trough early hours of Monday which will likely produce snow if we get it 

    I agree. I've just had a look and it's showing heavy rain for here tomorrow and then rain on Sunday. I guess that's it done and dusted.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: cwmbran south wales
  • Location: cwmbran south wales

    just saw forecast on bbc1 and matt showed and said snow for wales and south england tomorrow after rain to start then quite a big band of snow for wales on sunday he did say may change a bit but to keep watching so even now a day before it has not been pinned down yet

     

    Edited by butters
    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Cwmbran. South East Wales 300ft ASL
  • Location: Cwmbran. South East Wales 300ft ASL
    14 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

    Looking good Wales !!

    Have to confess I've always had a soft spot for the Welsh, they were very very welcoming to Poles after World War 2.( I'm polish heritage).

    I used to go a place called Penrhos   back in the 70s and 80s , little Poland as we called it.

    Anyway, good luck guys hope to see some pics over the coming days...

     

    Cheers NW...hopefully you can visit again soon!

    Do you think the whole of Wales mate?? How’s the weekend shaping up for us as you see it mate?

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl

    Well ECW now pushes it through a lot quicker than it was showing for tomorrow , not good news for us but more chances going forward . The beast is still on. 😁

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Caerphilly
  • Location: Caerphilly
    6 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

    Well ECW now pushes it through a lot quicker than it was showing for tomorrow , not good news for us but more chances going forward . The beast is still on. 😁

    Sunday looks more promising. BBC seem to think a warning may be issued.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Blackwood 230m asl
  • Location: Blackwood 230m asl

    So I take it we are still no clearer this morning as to what may happen this weekend? 🤦🤷‍♂️

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Caerphilly
  • Location: Caerphilly
    Just now, dbaloo said:

    So I take it we are still no clearer this morning as to what may happen this weekend? 🤦🤷‍♂️

    Going by the BBC, any snow will be on high ground. To be honest we're better off just looking out the window. I'm expecting rain all weekend anyway as it doesn't seem cold enough.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: County end Oldham 202 m Above sea level
  • Location: County end Oldham 202 m Above sea level
    1 hour ago, WINTRY WALES said:

    Cheers NW...hopefully you can visit again soon!

    Do you think the whole of Wales mate?? How’s the weekend shaping up for us as you see it mate?

    One day I hope ...

    I'm not sure who is the sweet spot mate, fingers crossed as many as possible hit the jackpot ...

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: swansea craig cefn parc 160 m asl
  • Location: swansea craig cefn parc 160 m asl
    45 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

    Sunday looks more promising. BBC seem to think a warning may be issued.

    Saturday looks like rain/sleet but as the front stalls colder air digs in from the North ,turning the precipitation to sleet/snow before sliding away south.Sunday a better chance of seeing some snow as colder air is already in place ,sleet/ wet snow should be seen by all.

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Llanharan South Wales 76m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
  • Location: Llanharan South Wales 76m ASL

    This weekend won't b the same as last weekend, it will b a lot more marginal for most of us, we may c falling snow but it won't cause any disruption unless your on higher ground say 200m +

    Always subject to change and 🤞🤞 it does for the better but im not feeling this 1 at all 

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Blackmill, S Wales
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer
  • Location: Blackmill, S Wales

    UKV's take on things - Saturday:

    UKV.thumb.gif.bd79fad430420140691537cd5bd308dd.gif image.thumb.png.d007874c156a5cf43c67334a435f3cc1.png

    Sunday:

    image.thumb.png.fc552cd73d4feaddf0fd0078bb70a560.pngimage.thumb.png.c9370b73e59c3eb116f814fc58f3b0f7.png 

    Tuesday:

    image.thumb.png.fc9c1ce7a89b71aa85c927720bd5d4e6.pngimage.thumb.png.c659748c5dd7b382f82fe9fd66ca884a.png 

     

    At the moment Tuesday looking the best bet for widespread snowfall

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Blackwood 230m asl
  • Location: Blackwood 230m asl
    1 hour ago, mattrout92 said:

    UKV's take on things - Saturday:

    UKV.thumb.gif.bd79fad430420140691537cd5bd308dd.gif image.thumb.png.d007874c156a5cf43c67334a435f3cc1.png

    Sunday:

    image.thumb.png.fc552cd73d4feaddf0fd0078bb70a560.pngimage.thumb.png.c9370b73e59c3eb116f814fc58f3b0f7.png 

    Tuesday:

    image.thumb.png.fc9c1ce7a89b71aa85c927720bd5d4e6.pngimage.thumb.png.c659748c5dd7b382f82fe9fd66ca884a.png 

     

    At the moment Tuesday looking the best bet for widespread snowfall

    Where did Tuesday spring from???  Nice little surprise that 😀

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...