Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*
12 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

How much did u get in cardiff!!

Around 3cm, not much but nice to see it settled 

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Wish the sun would sod off! Melting some snow now.

I commented about the sun earlier Jay. Lol. Losing sight of Maerdy mountain now. More snow on the way hopefully

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Decent amount of showers swinging towards us, not the best time of the day to arrive though.

I think we'll be fine as the signal is for snow away from the immediate coast, even right down to the coast itself in places. As they're circling the low pressure system, which is now stalling, we just have to watch they don't swing too far south and miss us altogether. The first cluster of showers will probably get no further north than Pontypridd and Caerphilly; the second and bigger cluster, perhaps Merthyr at a push.

Thick fog here and feeling cold in it, although a slow thaw is underway.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted

Looks like these showers are going to go to far south now, looks like the wind is staring to change direction.  I still think we might have a few more surprises this afternoon. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Pembs458 said:

Looks like these showers are going to go to far south now, looks like the wind is staring to change direction.  I still think we might have a few more surprises this afternoon. 

There is a chance they could drift too far south, I agree. But I'm also noticing a re-intensification of precipitation in North Wales associated with the pivoting front, so this isn't quite over yet.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Looks like the very start of a Dangler forming in the Irish Sea now too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Clouding over here as that little system approaches, will it b rain, sleet or snow? Rain or sleet im guessing as the temps are a bit higher now

• Like 1

Posted

This one is even better   All week was about this snow , need to look at these charts for the next one . Wow just seen that , lets hope its right .More shocks are coming.

Even better.JPG

Edited by snowy36
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Nice walk through the snow this morning. Around 3/4 cm. Would be nice if these showers came a bit later tonight then we would have more snow, but still very pleased with what we’ve had overnight. Especially lucky as South Cardiff hardly got any compared to us in the North of Cardiff unfortunately, would’ve been nice for everyone to get a decent amount.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, freeze for all said:

Clouding over here as that little system approaches, will it b rain, sleet or snow? Rain or sleet im guessing as the temps are a bit higher now

That is what I am wondering too, could be intensity dependent. May well be sleet for now but we have colder air filtering in again now from the west/north west. Its 1c now in Haverfordwest which is at 10 metres in Pembrokeshire.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

We’ve had light hail, followed by light rain.  All the snow is falling off the trees!  Will have to get colder again for anything else to fall as snow.  Still, there’s always next week and then all of February to go yet.....❄️❄️❄️❄️

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Sky Full said:

We’ve had light hail, followed by light rain.  All the snow is falling off the trees!  Will have to get colder again for anything else to fall as snow.  Still, there’s always next week and then all of February to go yet.....❄️❄️❄️❄️

Hopeful of some more snow for Pembrokeshire today looking at the colder air later and dangler forming.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Someone is going to get a pasting from those showers, they seem to be merging and intensifying!

Not only are the showers getting better but the weather charts are too, its like we finally have a winter again. 

• Like 2

Posted
44 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Decent amount of showers swinging towards us, not the best time of the day to arrive though.

Rain / sleety in llanharan. Very light. Heavy precip could be snow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Can confirm sleet is falling. Temperatures rising and its ruining my snowcover

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, bradymk said:

That is what I am wondering too, could be intensity dependent. May well be sleet for now but we have colder air filtering in again now from the west/north west. Its 1c now in Haverfordwest which is at 10 metres in Pembrokeshire.

I can see Haverfordwest from where I am, looks like you’re in the showers, what’s falling from them? 

• Like 1

Posted

This was earlier today in Gwernaffield in NE Wales at 800ft. Still snowing here and the precip has stalled, so it's getting tasty.

• Like 2