Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Today has been very windy but, so far at least, no rain!   This is not how the day was supposed to go so it just proves that where precipitation is concerned it is sometimes best to just look out of the window!   Three days ago we had up to 80mm of rain forecast for the next 24 hours here, and now it’s down to maybe 30mm!   However, I am afraid that some other areas in Wales will be getting much wetter than that tomorrow, especially Snowdonia.

• Like 1

Posted

There is a yellow weather warning out for heavy rain tomorrow, issued by the MetO, covering almost all of Wales.  Only the north coast and the extreme eastern border is left off the warning area.  I only hope the valleys above Cardiff and Newport don’t get inundated again because they’ve already had much more than their fair share of flooding this year.

• Like 2

Posted

All this talk of flooding and here it looks like will the brook come back,certainly not after today...Had some rain patchy in nature...

A record maybe set if the brook is still dry by november...

• Like 2

Posted

1.1 inches of rain that night,brook has come back,but unless another dry spell comes,it may still dry up again.Looking unlikely now though..

Brook is trickling..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Sweet sky Pluvius!  This is drecky drecky drecky weather.  Rain, wind, hail, more rain, more wind. Dull grey skies and now sunset (!?) an hour earlier.  Still should keep the teenage vampire trick or treaters away.  Silver lining and all that!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

And you can call me old fashioned, but some of the gear the teenage vamps were in yesterday afternoon was eyebrow raising mutter mutter mutter……forgetting I was ever a teenager in the wild 70’s, these kids know nothing….mutter mutter mutter……

• Like 2

Posted
On 30/10/2021 at 11:22, Snowyowl9 said:

1.1 inches of rain that night,brook has come back,but unless another dry spell comes,it may still dry up again.Looking unlikely now though..

Brook is trickling..

The roadside stream up the hill which was dry all summer is now in full flood and overflowing the gulley.  There is also a small river of water going down the hill right outside the house.   Thankfully there are fields for it to drain away into the valley.  The rain last night and early this morning was biblical - hammering on the roof like hailstones and hitting the windows like a firehose.   I know they’re built for it but I do pity the sheep in the fields out there when the weather is this wild.  The wind gusts today have definitely exceeded the 50mph max we were warned about - maybe by 10mph.  And of course this wasn’t a named storm..   Heaven only knows how much worse things could get later in the winter.   I wonder if COP26 will have any beneficial impact on future climate conditions.  

Edited by Sky Full
  • Like 1

Posted

Another violent squall line passing through right now with heavy rain and strong wind gusts.  Looks like I’ve got another couple of hours rain to look forward to but hopefully the wind will gradually reduce after this and the forecast is for 8 hours of sunshine tomorrow!   We will see…..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
1 hour ago, Sky Full said:

Another violent squall line passing through right now with heavy rain and strong wind gusts.  Looks like I’ve got another couple of hours rain to look forward to but hopefully the wind will gradually reduce after this and the forecast is for 8 hours of sunshine tomorrow!   We will see…..

TB testing at 08.30am . I hope you're right !..Stumble Head has had squally S and W winds to 52 mph ..... and the sea is raging. 

Let's hope the eight hours of sunshine falls in the morning

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, Penfoel said:

TB testing at 08.30am . I hope you're right !..Stumble Head has had squally S and W winds to 52 mph ..... and the sea is raging. 

Let's hope the eight hours of sunshine falls in the morning

I feel for you - and your girls!   At least you have one of the best views in the country to take your mind off the work!   I hope the weather is much kinder by then and that you have a 100% clear test.

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, snefnug said:

And you can call me old fashioned, but some of the gear the teenage vamps were in yesterday afternoon was eyebrow raising mutter mutter mutter……forgetting I was ever a teenager in the wild 70’s, these kids know nothing….mutter mutter mutter……

Can here my mother  saying if she was still alive. they will catch a death if they dont cover up

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Looks like a few boom charts in the mod thread this evening .silly season is upon us again!

• Like 2

Posted

Quite a striking ‘streamer’ over Pembrokeshire this morning…..

EB1E166B-DE4A-4CA9-A354-5BD5A7433A9D.thumb.jpeg.99257b2881f0fab9a25cf1625f7f8e5a.jpeg

……but I confess that I don’t quite understand what causes this to happen.    Is this what is known as a ‘Pembrokeshire Dangler’…?

• Like 1

Posted

Blinkin’ eck!  After lovely sunny late autumn day, we now have not so lovely very cold late autumn rain.  Glad to dry out by fire.  Cats, even the ‘me I’m hard I live outside’ one are curled up on the bed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

At last, after what seemed like a week of non-stop rain and drizzle, a lovely calm, dry Autumn morning here in Pembrokeshire with a sunrise to gaze at…

304A6962-0861-4668-8213-E1265C22091C.thumb.jpeg.ba96d4f06fd66f6d70838d46dcad6f25.jpeg   12ADE71E-5FA3-4D54-AB07-8537CD6ADF55.thumb.jpeg.e217a00993a3c5eae021ffc1f0d2cbbc.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
On 13/11/2021 at 07:28, Sky Full said:

At last, after what seemed like a week of non-stop rain and drizzle, a lovely calm, dry Autumn morning here in Pembrokeshire with a sunrise to gaze at…

304A6962-0861-4668-8213-E1265C22091C.thumb.jpeg.ba96d4f06fd66f6d70838d46dcad6f25.jpeg   12ADE71E-5FA3-4D54-AB07-8537CD6ADF55.thumb.jpeg.e217a00993a3c5eae021ffc1f0d2cbbc.jpeg

What a lovely sunrise!  Seems your rain and drizzle set up camp around us this morning….

• Thanks 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, snefnug said:

What a lovely sunrise!  Seems your rain and drizzle set up camp around us this morning….

Sorry about that!   It’s the sun peeping through your clouds that gave me a sunrise today!   Not to worry….they’ll be back over me again soon enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Gone crazy in the mod thread tonight...more booms than bonfire night!

• Like 1

Posted
15 hours ago, dbaloo said:

Gone crazy in the mod thread tonight...more booms than bonfire night!

Even more BOOMS.Colder air moves down from the North Sunday the we set up frigid Northerly from Arctic with a polar low forming on a unstable airflow.Interesting snow possibilities this time next week.

Screenshot_20211117-104204_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

All looks rather good in the mad thread atm, any thoughts for us here in Wales? Im not expecting anything here in costal Barry, but a few miles inland if it does come off, could get some interest?

Posted
40 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

All looks rather good in the mad thread atm, any thoughts for us here in Wales? Im not expecting anything here in costal Barry, but a few miles inland if it does come off, could get some interest?

Same old story let's wait and see .come the weekend what develops concerning were and when the High Pressure sits.The outlook for then Winter is very promising as a La Nina setting up leading to gulf steam being pushed south.Olso as we come out of solar cycle 24 the winter tends to be colder.As Andy would get the Huskies ready!!!!

Posted
35 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Same old story let's wait and see .come the weekend what develops concerning were and when the High Pressure sits.The outlook for then Winter is very promising as a La Nina setting up leading to gulf steam being pushed south.Olso as we come out of solar cycle 24 the winter tends to be colder.As Andy would get the Huskies ready!!!!

How the position on Hp effects next week weather .

Screenshot_20211117-193340_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211117-193338_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211117-193335_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
On 17/11/2021 at 19:39, keithlucky said:

How the position on Hp effects next week weather .

Screenshot_20211117-193340_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211117-193338_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211117-193335_Chrome.jpg

All quite now in the playground .the bad boy GFS.Been kicked out by Ecm Horaah !!! 

• Like 1