Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer
20 hours ago, Ian Ballinger said:

Does anyone have the aercus ws3085, thinking of getting one

I recently got the Aercus WS2085, and I'm pretty impressed with it, so I suspect the WS3085 is even better (I think it also includes a UV and Light Meter). It didn't come with a mounting pole so you will need to purchase one, I bought a TV aerial mount (you can get them fairly cheap on amazon) and have attached it to my outbuilding. 

image.thumb.png.46606c337f796eea0f44c743f61d49be.png

I then use a piece of software called WeatherCat which gives you graphical information using the data from the station, and also uploads my readings to wunderground. You can see the data from my station here https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IBRIDG117 . I would definitely recommend, very impressed!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Continued very windy here. But very little rain has fallen. Its mostly light and patchy but very heavy about 20 miles north of here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Rain still lashing down here - that’s at least 15 hours non-stop now, not including anything before 6:00am, when I got up.  Could continue all night and most of tomorrow - I’ll let you know if it’s still tipping don in the morning.  Pity I haven’t got a rain gauge....maybe have to get one soon.  

• Like 2

Posted

Come back boring dry cold easterly, all is forgiven! I'm so sick of this rain! How anyone can like this mild, soaking muck is quite beyond me! Excuse me, I must finish building my ark!!

• Like 2

Posted

No surprises this morning....it’s still raining steadily here.  Also, the wind is picking up again.  Not a good day for going out, then.  Oh, I forgot. We’re not allowed to go out, anyway.  This is getting very depressing now.   How I am longing for some dry, sunny, warm weather to cheer us up again.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Sky Full said:

No surprises this morning.... it’s still raining steadily here. Also, the wind is picking up again. Not a good day for going out, then. Oh, I forgot. We’re not allowed to go out, anyway. This is getting very depressing now. How I am longing for some dry, sunny, warm weather to cheer us up again.

and to be able to go out.

Head is completely shot. As i mentioned on here before eventually finished sorting out and selling  the mother in-laws bungalow beginning of January (died in the Royal Gwent after falling over in hospital 12months ago next Wednesday. Yesterday broke the back of my mothers bungalow moving it into storage units after she had been sectioned before Christmas. Cant give her stuff away at the moment due to lockdown. Forgot to add she was a bit of a hoarder 156 tins of dog food for example and only one dog ( which my son has and i have just spent over 3k in vets bills as it has cancer) not to mention the 7 irons,  6 kettles, and 3 hoovers still in boxes, forgot to add the 15 bin bags full of clothes, which 2 bags still have labels.  My eldest son started an extension last march and its still ongoing and he is bloody useless. So asked if i could project manage this since Christmas to try and get it finished. I also forgot i am self-employed and work full time. I know i am being selfish but cant wait to go down the caravan in St Davids just for the change of scenery rain or shine.

Sorry for the above just needed to get if off my chestt

Anyway yesterday and today in total here we have had an inch of rain now if this had been last week we would of been seriously digging ourselves out 

• Like 2

Posted

1 hour ago, Loadsa2000 said:

and to be able to go out.

Head is completely shot. As i mentioned on here before eventually finished sorting out and selling  the mother in-laws bungalow beginning of January (died in the Royal Gwent after falling over in hospital 12months ago next Wednesday. Yesterday broke the back of my mothers bungalow moving it into storage units after she had been sectioned before Christmas. Cant give her stuff away at the moment due to lockdown. Forgot to add she was a bit of a hoarder 156 tins of dog food for example and only one dog ( which my son has and i have just spent over 3k in vets bills as it has cancer) not to mention the 7 irons,  6 kettles, and 3 hoovers still in boxes, forgot to add the 15 bin bags full of clothes, which 2 bags still have labels.  My eldest son started an extension last march and its still ongoing and he is bloody useless. So asked if i could project manage this since Christmas to try and get it finished. I also forgot i am self-employed and work full time. I know i am being selfish but cant wait to go down the caravan in St Davids just for the change of scenery rain or shine.

Sorry for the above just needed to get if off my chestt

Anyway yesterday and today in total here we have had an inch of rain now if this had been last week we would of been seriously digging ourselves out 

I have every sympathy, mate.  My sister-in-law died in March 2019 after two years in care with increasingly serious dementia.  My wife, as only living relative, had to deal with the estate (no will, no power of attorney), overcoming enormous incompetence from the Court of Protection, eventually got everything sorted out before Christmas 2019.  Then came covid.  We are very grateful that she didn’t have to face that while living in a care home (no disrespect to them as they were brilliant), and that we didn’t have to deal with the estate during a pandemic, living 200 miles away as we do.  It sounds like you’ve had all of this double or treble and I hope you get it all sorted this summer so you can get your life back again.  What we all need is a lovely settled, warm Spring to cheer us all up and let the ground dry up, finally.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Just cool wet air interspersed with heavy showers here today.  9C.  Little breeze.  Ground is very wet.  The river below us often floods over the road when it's like this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Bit of change from yesterday.  Chilly howling wind, feels colder than the 10c it’s supposed to be, rain incoming.  

• Like 1

Posted

At last.  The rain has passed on.  The wind has dropped.  I can see the sky again!   Looking forward to a calm, possibly even sunny, day so the fields can begin to dry out and the river levels drop.   The next few days also looks promising for some Spring like weather.  Although I like snow in Winter, I do hope that we don’t get a late Spring return to freezing cold winter weather just as the plants are starting to grow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
14 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

At last.  The rain has passed on.  The wind has dropped.  I can see the sky again!   Looking forward to a calm, possibly even sunny, day so the fields can begin to dry out and the river levels drop.   The next few days also looks promising for some Spring like weather.  Although I like snow in Winter, I do hope that we don’t get a late Spring return to freezing cold winter weather just as the plants are starting to grow.

16.2mm of rain yesterday, the wettest I've seen the fields in years. More like ponds atm. 

I've noticed looking at the charts there's a high pressure area building. Is this likely to bring a cold snap again? 

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, Penfoel said:

16.2mm of rain yesterday, the wettest I've seen the fields in years. More like ponds atm. 

I've noticed looking at the charts there's a high pressure area building. Is this likely to bring a cold snap again? 

Could be something around the 8th, though the met are not picking up on it

Monday 1 Mar - Wednesday 10 Mar

During the first week of March, many areas of the UK are likely to see a continuation of settled weather. Dry conditions with clear or sunny periods are likely, especially in the south of the UK. Any unsettled weather with corresponding showers or rain are most likely to occur in the north and northwest of the UK. Strong winds may also affect northern and northwestern areas at times, but elsewhere winds will likely be light and, as a result, fog formation overnight may become more prevalent. Temperatures for this period will likely be average or slightly above average for the time of year, although some cold nights with frosts developing in places are still possible.

Updated: 04:00 (UTC) on Thu 25 Feb 202

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, Penfoel said:

6 hours ago, Loadsa2000 said:

Could be something around the 8th, though the met are not picking up on it

Monday 1 Mar - Wednesday 10 Mar

During the first week of March, many areas of the UK are likely to see a continuation of settled weather. Dry conditions with clear or sunny periods are likely, especially in the south of the UK. Any unsettled weather with corresponding showers or rain are most likely to occur in the north and northwest of the UK. Strong winds may also affect northern and northwestern areas at times, but elsewhere winds will likely be light and, as a result, fog formation overnight may become more prevalent. Temperatures for this period will likely be average or slightly above average for the time of year, although some cold nights with frosts developing in places are still possible.

Updated: 04:00 (UTC) on Thu 25 Feb 202

Yes - as above.   At this stage it could be an extended period of settled weather or it could fizzle out and the westerlies return.  We’ll have to keep our eyes on the models....   High pressure at this time year is likely to bring overnight frosts although not so much right on the coast (not likely at Strumble Head but not impossible! ).   I can handle a few light frosts in March and April but I would prefer to avoid another extreme cold event or any named storms bringing heavy rain and gales.   We do live in the west and it’s our fate to get this sort of weather now and again but, on other hand, who could possibly want to live anywhere else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Loadsa2000 said:

1.4c below freezing this morning

car scraping and white roofs

Don’t think we got below freezing here because the cloud level dropped and we now have fog.  It’s trying to lift but it’s definitely not as warm as yesterday yet....

Posted
1 hour ago, Sky Full said:

Don’t think we got below freezing here because the cloud level dropped and we now have fog.  It’s trying to lift but it’s definitely not as warm as yesterday yet....

Blue skies here and a temp of 10.4c spring day

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Been a curates egg day today, good in parts.  Blue skies then scudding grey clouds.  Temps roughly 8 degrees for most of the day after frosty start.  Notice beeb weather rowed back on the epic warmth of the forecast two days ago.

• Like 2

Posted

We’ve had a clear, cold, starry night with not a breath of wind, followed by a frosty start this morning but not as foggy.  A little misty but the sun is already lifting it so should be a nice day, with clear skies.  Several lumps of frogspawn have appeared on the pond in the last two days so perhaps the wildlife is sensing that the worst of the winter is over now?   At least this Spring we can hopefully look forward to a better year all round, compared to this time last year.

• Like 2

Posted
On 19/02/2021 at 16:44, mattrout92 said:

I recently got the Aercus WS2085, and I'm pretty impressed with it, so I suspect the WS3085 is even better (I think it also includes a UV and Light Meter). It didn't come with a mounting pole so you will need to purchase one, I bought a TV aerial mount (you can get them fairly cheap on amazon) and have attached it to my outbuilding. 

I then use a piece of software called WeatherCat which gives you graphical information using the data from the station, and also uploads my readings to wunderground. You can see the data from my station here https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IBRIDG117 . I would definitely recommend, very impressed!

Well bit the bullet and ordered one today to replace my older model aercus 

• Like 2

Posted
On 19/02/2021 at 16:44, mattrout92 said:

I have a question, the bubble level is it visible from below the station or only from above?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer
3 hours ago, Ian Ballinger said:

I have a question, the bubble level is it visible from below the station or only from above?

Only from above unfortunately 

Posted

Another jolly cold morning, -1c, with another frost.  Sky clear, bidding for a fine late winter, early spring morning.

• Like 1

Posted

A beautiful sunny morning here - pretty warm in sheltered spots already.  Just been watching a peacock butterfly feeding on an early hyacinth flower.  And it’s still February.   That’s pretty unusual, I would say.   We had a frost last night but it quickly lifted as the sun rose.  Probably will be more of these cold starts while the high pressure hangs around.  I’m not complaining, though.

Posted

Happy St David’s Day!

A chilly 0c and another frosty morning.  Forecast temps not as high as yesterday, so tops 7c for our valley, but sunshine most of the day.