Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Swansea (Abertawe) , South Wales, 420ft ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
  • Location: Swansea (Abertawe) , South Wales, 420ft ASL

    Looks like the cloud base is lowering. Going to get a few snow grains at best out of this. Gusting 30-35mph the winds here in the last few hours making it feel quite bitter.

    20210211_164254.thumb.jpg.3a4ae1c2996cf6ae7233ca779d97da13.jpg

    Edited by Marcus_surfer
    Added a pic
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.5k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    12z Oh look it’s a beast,  Gonna hit the south east,  It’s a stonker, quite a feast If it hits the South east!    18z Ok look a Kent clipper It will be brutal, 

    Seems to be dying out here now. Definitely a nice surprise though. This last month has been incredibly difficult for me as my mum passed away two days before Christmas. So these snow events have reall

    Looking good Wales !! Have to confess I've always had a soft spot for the Welsh, they were very very welcoming to Poles after World War 2.( I'm polish heritage). I used to go a place called

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Swansea (Abertawe) , South Wales, 420ft ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
  • Location: Swansea (Abertawe) , South Wales, 420ft ASL

    Just watching a documentary on wildfires in Australia. Jesus christ it must be so frightening losing your home and possibly your life/loved ones

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Swansea (Abertawe) , South Wales, 420ft ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
  • Location: Swansea (Abertawe) , South Wales, 420ft ASL

    Oh and ill bank that ECM please lol

    • Like 4
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: gwynedd
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard
  • Location: gwynedd

    Just watched itv weather, there was no snow showing on the maps anywhere in Wales for Saturday 🤔

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Newport South East Wales
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
  • Location: Newport South East Wales
    5 minutes ago, dyl232 said:

    Just watched itv weather, there was no snow showing on the maps anywhere in Wales for Saturday 🤔

    they dont use the ecm like the bbc .......not sure what they use tbh. Watch the bbc weather after 10 tonight or tomorrow morning they will show it !

    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
    11 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

    they dont use the ecm like the bbc .......not sure what they use tbh. Watch the bbc weather after 10 tonight or tomorrow morning they will show it !

    yep - the bbc have already shown it on earlier forecasts put out today

    • Like 4
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Blackmill, S Wales
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer
  • Location: Blackmill, S Wales

    Hopefully ECM / Harmonie / ICON are correct for Saturday. UKV goes for a repeat performance of today offering absolutely nothing

    image.thumb.png.6293495ae2f2f8dadecb4d9307328fa8.png

    • Like 4
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Cardiff/Reading Uni
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*
  • Location: Cardiff/Reading Uni
    11 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

    Hopefully ECM / Harmonie / ICON are correct for Saturday. UKV goes for a repeat performance of today offering absolutely nothing

    image.thumb.png.6293495ae2f2f8dadecb4d9307328fa8.png

    I hope so too, what seemed like a good day for snow on Sat , is now starting to diminish with the Arome, GFS, GFS p , EURO4 all showing the front dying out like it did today, not the signals we wanted. 

    Edited by Panayiotis
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Newport South East Wales
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
  • Location: Newport South East Wales
    21 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

    I hope so too, what seemed like a good day for snow on Sat , is now starting to diminish with the Arome, GFS, GFS p , EURO4 all showing the front dying out like it did today, not the signals we wanted. 

    Ecm was spot on the 24th so who knows 🤷‍♂️

     

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
    41 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

    Hopefully ECM / Harmonie / ICON are correct for Saturday. UKV goes for a repeat performance of today offering absolutely nothing

    image.thumb.png.6293495ae2f2f8dadecb4d9307328fa8.png

    I think the UKV is garbage , it's the worst out of the lot. 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Blackmill, S Wales
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer
  • Location: Blackmill, S Wales

    Upgrade from the ICON this evening

     image.thumb.png.7e0fee1075473fc02d10da1dd0ba297e.png.    image.thumb.png.530fc6546733072046f99967efc24fb7.png

    • Like 5
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ogmore Vale (500ft / 150m)
  • Location: Ogmore Vale (500ft / 150m)

    I'm not normally this downbeat, but it has to be said, this cold spell has been pants for Wales! We may get a little snow on Saturday but probably not much before milder air floods in. Where I live it's been cold, windy, dry and not even that sunny. No frost or freezing fog because of the wind, which wasn't quite strong enough to blow many of those snow showers affecting the east of England this far west, just one or two on Monday. Altogether a bit of a yawn!!

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl

    snowing now (just taken the dog for a late night walk in the bitterly cold wind lol) - medium light snow under the lampost lights

    Edited by andymusic
    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pembrokeshire / Carmarthenshire / Wales. 205m ASL.
  • Location: Pembrokeshire / Carmarthenshire / Wales. 205m ASL.

    For the last two hours this has been approaching the coast and breaking up.  Seems to have gone further south / east... is there more to come? 
     

     

    513B65D0-C9C9-411B-9682-B0497BE99746.jpeg

    Edited by marclt
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Strumble Head Pembrokeshire 60m asl
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
  • Location: Strumble Head Pembrokeshire 60m asl
    41 minutes ago, marclt said:

    For the last two hours this has been approaching the coast and breaking up.  Seems to have gone further south / east... is there more to come? 
     

     

    513B65D0-C9C9-411B-9682-B0497BE99746.jpeg

    Nothing yet at Strumble Head. 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Gorslas 178m abs
  • Location: Gorslas 178m abs
    1 hour ago, blackrose73 said:

    I'm not normally this downbeat, but it has to be said, this cold spell has been pants for Wales! We may get a little snow on Saturday but probably not much before milder air floods in. Where I live it's been cold, windy, dry and not even that sunny. No frost or freezing fog because of the wind, which wasn't quite strong enough to blow many of those snow showers affecting the east of England this far west, just one or two on Monday. Altogether a bit of a yawn!!

    Are you sure you haven’t had frosts? Remember the air is dry so might not be visible but that doesn’t mean it’s not below freezing. My garden has been frozen solid and hasn’t once thawed since Sunday. A noteable cold spell but not for snow but constant low temperatures. 

    This is pretty standard affair for easterlies in Wales IMO. But much better than rain and mild mush! 

    Edited by Cymro
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...