Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
8 minutes ago, dyl232 said:

Looking good!!

Maybe too good trended west every run

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!

Few dissenting voices in South East thread already gloomy with lack of white stuff compared to what they thought was coming. Dry on the whole for us for a few days then we gotta hope mild does not break through.

Posted
12 minutes ago, andymusic said:

harmonie - monday afternoon

image.thumb.png.83cd17f330aacde186a715420e1f7aa6.png

I think that site has lost the plot because euro4 had the same. The Mete site looks totally different. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Fujita scale said:

Few dissenting voices in South East thread already gloomy with lack of white stuff compared to what they thought was coming. Dry on the whole for us for a few days then we gotta hope mild does not break through.

Yes i would be worried if they thought they were getting a bucket full. It might be over hyped .

Posted

Even if we don't get a snowy battleground next week, I'll settle for some crisp sunny days, and frosty nights - and I wouldn't say no to a bit of freezing fog either. I do love the eerie nature of fog. We probably won't know until Wednesday how far that low will be able to push in.

• Like 3

Posted
54 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Nothing will reach us mate, dry here until end of next week.

Maybe the streams will cross north of England towards North Wales.. Maybe the Liverpool Bay area will create snow for the north if the wind is more north easterly 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms
28 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What's going on in the SE, people reporting rain even though they've had an amber warning. Nothing worse than that happening.

How's it looking for Wales the end of the week?

Just had a video sent from my father. Heavy snow and blizzards in N Kent this morning! 
This week (apart from the odd flurry) looks pretty dry

We may get some disturbances running east to west, just a case of keeping an eye out on fax and radar

End of week we may get some but the way things are heading it may not even reach here as a high builds to our NE 

So a nice cold dry week coming up which makes a nice change tbh  

• Like 1

Posted

Dew point starting to fall again now dropped .3% in the last hour to -.2% 

And temperature is also dropping

But its the wind is going from E to NNE to N then rinse and repeat seems to be swirling 

just to add has gone to ESE but back to the above

Edited by Loadsa2000
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What's going on in the SE, people reporting rain even though they've had an amber warning. Nothing worse than that happening.

How's it looking for Wales the end of the week?

The colder air was delayed by a few hours, but is now starting to feed in, wouldnt be suprised to see a few lucky locations there with over a foot of snow.

End of this week is still very much up in the air, its likely the atlantic will try and push in but uncertainty around how far any frontal systems will get.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Good luck to those in the se of England..we can't grumble we had 2 consecutive Sundays of snow, granted not to the extent they will have today. Hopefully our luck will hold for the end of the week but it will be nice to have a few dry crisp days while we wait

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Morning all...as expected dry and cloudy/windy here this morning.

Models look like there will be a milder period at the end of the week with increased chance of snow, then colder air flooding back westwards.

Dont think February will be classed as mild at all.

Very interesting weather indeed this winter.

Edited by Marcus_surfer
  • Like 2

Posted

I think we going to be stuck with a boring cold spell , i cant see anything pushing in with that high pressure system getting stronger .  I'll be hoping  on every run that the low system goes slightly south to give us a chance of something. 

Edited by snowy36
  • Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

I think we going to be stuck with a boring cold spell , i cant see anything pushing in with that high pressure system getting stronger .  I'll be hoping  on every run that the low system goes slightly south to give us a chance of something. 

Some snow showers should reach NEast Wales around 2pm.

Posted

Lovely sunny weather today. I did try and lower expectations of snow here because easterlies are on the whole poor for Wales if snow is what you’re after! I see no reason to get excited for snow this week and any breakdown is being either pushed back or too progressive bringing rain. 

Edited by Cymro
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

UKV extended has Thursday's event in range for the first time this morning, and it's a good start! It brings snow for most of the day to South and West Wales:

image.thumb.png.132e2e8ecc0b1c280bd356669ac30696.png.    image.thumb.png.9a877f088f4b887c5790e1eb16d3cda8.png.    image.thumb.png.283c40ce6737022ef895e5feb2b5bee8.png         

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Some snow showers should reach NEast Wales around 2pm.

Showers look like giving a dusting this afternoon over east Wales.

Screenshot_20210207-102213_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
16 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

UKV extended has Thursday's event in range for the first time this morning, and it's a good start! It brings snow for most of the day to South and West Wales:

image.thumb.png.132e2e8ecc0b1c280bd356669ac30696.png.    image.thumb.png.9a877f088f4b887c5790e1eb16d3cda8.png.    image.thumb.png.283c40ce6737022ef895e5feb2b5bee8.png         

Expect warnings tomorrow? Could end up with at least 10cm in parts by the looks.

On a more serious note, my mum's dog is due her first operation next Friday as they've found two cancerous lumps (12 years old so getting on a bit) so could really do without any snow.

Edited by Jayfromcardiff
  • Like 1