Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
8 hours ago, Wetterfrosch said:

At least I have the consolation of hopefully seeing snow on the mountains around me as I too normally go empty handed down here in the valley in a default setting. 🙁

Best chance for a covering of snow Thursday Friday ,Especially as a streamer set up.

• Like 2

Posted

Happy snow/cold hunting 2023/24 everyone! 😆 Be really interesting to see how it pans out re any impact of El Nino! Hope we have one to remember!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Nice cold dry and mostly sunny week coming up. Enjoy it while it lasts before the return of the Atlantic slop!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes
On 26/11/2023 at 22:53, Wetterfrosch said:

At least I have the consolation of hopefully seeing snow on the mountains around me as I too normally go empty handed down here in the valley in a default setting. 🙁

What a wonderful morning it has been up here, starting with next to no cloud and Yr Wyddfa has indeed revealed a dusting of snow on it's upper reaches. i suspect it's been there for a couple of days already, just shrouded in cloud before. MetO output promises lots of dry and quite sunny conditions for the rest of the week. The only exception might be a few showers which may drift in today from the Irish Sea, otherwise it appears to me the worded forecast may well be for a different country altogether.

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Showers or longer spells of rain, with the possibility of hill snow mixed with some sunny intervals. Feeling cold with strong winds to start though easing into Saturday.

This is totally at odds with their own computer which has Thursday clear, Friday and Saturday clear and changing to partly cloudy by evening for my neck of the woods and even wind gusts go no higher than 17 mph on Thursday and just single figures thereafter. I wonder if that forecast would be different if their office was located on Ynys Mon or in Caernarfon, looking out of the window there.🤔 I don't deny I'm living in a far away corner of Wales but Wales it is nevertheless and I would expect to be included in their outlook.

In the meantime I enjoy looking (with envy!) at this morning's snow depths in Germany where even my fairly low lying home town near the centre of the country had accumulated 8 cm by 6 UTC with -2 C in temperature and with snow still falling this has increased since then to 10 cm. 🤢

image.thumb.png.dd9047743588e66f68e5a18eeba26869.png

• Like 4

Posted
21 hours ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Nice cold dry and mostly sunny week coming up. Enjoy it while it lasts before the return of the Atlantic slop!

Not really interesting to see what type of precipation falls out of the sky come Friday as wind direction switches to a Northerly.

Screenshot_20231128_194931_Chrome.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes

Yr Wyddfa looked rather splendid this morning, having obviously increased it's snow depth atop and extended snow cover downwards also to about 750 - 800 m asl as Moel Hebog, standing at 782 m asl overlooking Beddgelert, also got a slight dusting overnight. Went to my first carol singing event today at Beddgelert church with another one coming up this Sunday in our village car park. Hope it stays dry!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Almost unbroken sunshine today which felt really weird considering the southwest has had cloud, rain and snow all day. It certainly feels Cold in that wind too.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, keithlucky said:

Nice to see a temporary covering of snow Saturday night🤍

Screenshot_20231130_184811_Chrome.jpg

Latest fax very interesting High pressure putting up A fight while Low pressure tries to push milder air from the west,

Screenshot_20231130_195843_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...