Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Snowing here in Cardiff, very small flakes however 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I was surprised to see a few light snow showers around the coast yesterday despite temps of 6C in the showers, was nice to see though! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Two dog walks in heavy rain, the third, the Dog Norman, was horrible.  On the tops, heavy vertical wind driven snow and hail.  Every single layer soaked and snow even getting into my wellies!  Enough now!

• Like 1

Posted

Wonderful lenticular (?) clouds seen from the A 474 and the road across Betwys mountain from Swansea to Ammanford this afternoon.

4B6DE927-B6D0-4207-A964-108E48648A67.jpeg

671F62AF-E1A2-4078-AD7B-92BAD1DF8739.jpeg

296158D8-D484-4F31-88B5-01FD21FF4015.jpeg

F71F537B-00C5-4B9F-9442-4C0AEB46F7FF.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Looking enviously at the clear sunny skies you guys in the east are enjoying while we are having to endure a full overcast with low cloud base, a cool breeze and even some drizzle.  Ugh!

• Like 1

Posted

Not too bad here the last couple of days, with some sunshine and a little warmth too.  No heatwave, but at least it’s a bit more like Spring.  Now waiting for for this rain band to move through later today and tonight  - the wind is getting up and it’s getting very hazy overhead - it’s not as warm as yesterday but still very pleasant.  Better than the usual Easter weekend washout any day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Quite a lovely day, warm in the sun, if a tad windy, a lovely Easter weekend.  Good to have rain tonight as ground surprisingly dry.  Sprummer officially declared as have depilated winter leg pelts and have completely over exerted self in garden.

Posted
On 17/04/2022 at 16:36, snefnug said:

Quite a lovely day, warm in the sun, if a tad windy, a lovely Easter weekend.  Good to have rain tonight as ground surprisingly dry.  Sprummer officially declared as have depilated winter leg pelts and have completely over exerted self in garden.

Two things I’ve never heard before - ‘sprummer’ and ‘leg pelts’. .  Love it!   Will have to find a use for those myself!   In the meantime, lovely day here and throughout Pembs as we had a visit to Broad Haven in the sunshine but a cool breeze took the edge off if you weren’t behind a wall!   Some nice sunny weather to come this week and not a lot of rain which I agree has dried the ground out a lot.  Loads of tadpoles in the pond basking on the sunniest side so Spring has definitely arrived.  Happy days!  

Posted
9 hours ago, Sky Full said:

Two things I’ve never heard before - ‘sprummer’ and ‘leg pelts’. .  Love it!   Will have to find a use for those myself!   In the meantime, lovely day here and throughout Pembs as we had a visit to Broad Haven in the sunshine but a cool breeze took the edge off if you weren’t behind a wall!   Some nice sunny weather to come this week and not a lot of rain which I agree has dried the ground out a lot.  Loads of tadpoles in the pond basking on the sunniest side so Spring has definitely arrived.  Happy days!  

Sprummer seems to me to sum up weather at the moment, too early officially for summer, and a wee bit warmer than it should be for spring, maybe it’s the new climate shift.  Anyway, I’m happy in it and it’s so uplifting to see spring blossoming in the garden and hear sounds of buzzing insects busying away.

• Like 1

Posted
On 20/04/2022 at 06:38, snefnug said:

Sprummer seems to me to sum up weather at the moment, too early officially for summer, and a wee bit warmer than it should be for spring, maybe it’s the new climate shift.  Anyway, I’m happy in it and it’s so uplifting to see spring blossoming in the garden and hear sounds of buzzing insects busying away.

Couldn’t agree more.  Bonus early this morning as I heard a cuckoo calling in the woods across the valley - first time for a long long time and maybe also signs of climate changes?

Posted

Another lovely weekend weather wise barring a very strong northeasterly wind - strong enough to lift and hurl a wooden garden chair down to garden bottom.  Looks like cooler and dry weather this week, so green gym time with watering can. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

The post at the top of this page mentions snow in Cardiff at the end of March and now we are enjoying a lovely settled spell, with above average temperatures, light winds and an almost perfect combination of sun and rain to boost the growing season.  How things can change in four or five weeks!   That’s why I’m fascinated by the weather - it really is a challenge to predict.

Posted
6 hours ago, Sky Full said:

The post at the top of this page mentions snow in Cardiff at the end of March and now we are enjoying a lovely settled spell, with above average temperatures, light winds and an almost perfect combination of sun and rain to boost the growing season.  How things can change in four or five weeks!   That’s why I’m fascinated by the weather - it really is a challenge to predict.

Lovely and warm yesterday, blinkin chilly and windy today, even the cats have come inside…..

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like it could be a nice weekend with plenty of sunshine.  Then a couple of cloudy wet days followed by a long period of increasingly sunny and warm weather through the middle of the month.  Very very welcome if it happens, and may we enjoy plenty of warm sunny weather throughout June, July and August to please all the holidaymakers making Wales their destination this summer.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

It’s been pretty changeable here for the last couple of weeks but rain has not been a problem.  The main feature has been the wind which has returned again and again from different directions and many garden plants have suffered.   It’s grey and drizzly here this morning but calmer than lately and the ground needs watering so I’m not complaining.   Looks like another unsettled few days ahead with the possibility of sunnier conditions at the end of the month, although this might change of course…..

Edited by Sky Full

Posted

It’s been changeable here, sunny, cloudy, with light rain off and on, so typically British spring time weather. Oak out before ash so the saying goes ‘in for a splash’ and weather certainly doesn’t betoke heavy rain. Everything is so green, it’s quite heartening.  Lovely local organic lamb shoulder for supper stuffed with home grown garlic and rosemary, with some of our perennial kale.  Unfortunately potatoes are not ours, but notice that planted ones coming up.  

• Like 1

Posted

Dull and grey again today but the rain from yesterday has moved on.  The strong winds are persisting though, and set to strengthen during the day.  It’s more like March than May.   At least there is some sun in the forecast over the weekend and even next week.   We will have to wait and see if this is accurate…..

Posted

• Thanks 1

Posted

A beautiful, completely cloudless, calm and sunny morning here.  This is more like it!  I don’t mind that it’s not a heatwave, either, because I prefer temperatures that I can work in, and it’s also great weather for a walk.  

Posted

Another lovely Spring day with 50/50 blue skies and cumulus clouds, and if it wasn’t for the uncomfortably cold northerly breeze it would probably be around 18c or 19c.   As it is, we’re only at about 14c which is not really warm enough when it’s almost June!  Come on, Summer, get your act together!