Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I think there must be a delay on my rain gauge as it is up to 14.4mm of rain per hour now even though it's raining less than it was earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Well, it might have rained a bit overnight, I’m not sure although there were some raindrops on the car this morning.  However, apart from a few tiny spits and spots it hasn’t rained properly here now since at least 16th July which is amazing, to say the least.  The water company has been calling with a recorded message warning us to save water, not to water the lawn (as if….) and not to run a half empty washing machine.   Now that’s fairly unusual in west Wales, where we are usually wondering when the next dry spell is due…..  I’ve seen storm clouds around in the distance and a thundery shower passed away to the east yesterday (we stayed dry ), but today - nothing.  Up to 3mm of rain is forecast for tomorrow so we shall see…..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Hi lovely netweather friends I am trying to find a place in Wales for my mum, where she was evacuated to during WW2. As far as I know it was not far from Llandrindod, it was something like Cymagerwyn, I am not getting the spelling right, I would appreciate any help. Thankyou

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm
12 hours ago, Jan said:

Hi lovely netweather friends I am trying to find a place in Wales for my mum, where she was evacuated to during WW2. As far as I know it was not far from Llandrindod, it was something like Cymagerwyn, I am not getting the spelling right, I would appreciate any help. Thankyou

There's a Cwm-y-Gerwyn, Bleddfa near Llandrindod 

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, liamtellis said:

There's a Cwm-y-Gerwyn, Bleddfa near Llandrindod - Cwm mean a narrow valley, 

Posted

Very cloudy but dry again today.  A lot cooler than recently but at least the garden likes it!  Likely to stay unsettled for a few more days but early signs of improvement in mid-August now showing up on some charts.  Keep your fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Posted

A lovely start to the day - light mist lifting to allow the sun to shine through with only a few light clouds around as yet.  No wind.   No rain in the forecast to speak of (a light shower tomorrow perhaps?).  Almost a perfect autumn morning, in fact!   Some people would prefer the whole of August to be wall to wall sunshine and 30C every day but for me this weather is very pleasant and doesn’t stress out the animals or the garden.   Anyone on holiday in this area will likely have a few nice days this week.

Posted

Had some much needed rain yesterday - about ten hours of it actually!  Must have refilled the water courses around here again.   Unsettled now for a week or more but conditions could still could improve in late August.  I wouldn’t mind a nice settled September either, but it’s against the odds.

Posted

not a good year for St. Swithin

I think August has become my least favourite month. It’s become reliably disappointing. 
In the past 10 years I can think of dry spells that span all other months apart from August. 

• Like 1

Posted

Cool, wet and still windy here in Pembrokeshire after a week of the same.  Hopefully we’ll get another bite of summer weather before Autumn gets properly under way but I’ve noticed some trees already changing colour. 

• Like 1

Posted

Cool and still cloudy, but dry today so far.  The wind seems to be easing at last but this has been a windy month and I hope this doesn’t continue into September.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

A lovely couple of days for us after a cool and cloudy week.  Got a 26C on the car temp gauge today and although I know this is not an accurate figure it’s the highest I’ve seen it since since July…..    Two or possibly three more days of sunny settled conditions before we can expect some (probably much needed) rain.  Trying not to look any further ahead in case I see Atlantic storms returning!

• Like 1

Posted

Let's see what today brings. I've been ridiculously unlucky this year - spending time in north west Wales / Bridgend and Cardiff and haven't seen any lightning. All I've heard is a couple of distant thunder. I'm in Bridgend today so who knows...

Posted

Lovely skies this morning.  Storms possibly later?  Took these around 6:30am…..

92D44118-A842-4BFB-8BCE-526389B2A9FE.thumb.jpeg.040bdfb94dce50b69472710f322928e5.jpeg

893D2902-B86D-4F01-8670-BB38037818A7.thumb.jpeg.886f9b6e13f7b35a5f5d903173889745.jpeg

707B7BF9-3E21-446F-B90D-19DDA16C2379.thumb.jpeg.9438cbc69eab7aa7ae4009b595bbbd85.jpeg

67136784-0CEC-4839-865C-F0E6CB118992.thumb.jpeg.1a8be88ce07816d4ecafb4b1bb725b72.jpeg

Shepherds have been duly warned…..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way

Another hot day on the Isle of Anglesey, the mercury peaked at 30degc yesterday (shaded garden), currently at 31degc, humidity starting to rise also.  Observations to the south and south west showing signs of the approaching LP System and associated weather fronts. Looking at the dop radar , could be a lively evening here. My thunder headache is kicking in

image.thumb.png.7ffd96bc9eee54c3a6f718ac0389e360.png

image.thumb.png.51a15016677ee847c345bfd5c24f8497.png

Edited by StingJet
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and big wind

We're staying in Arthog at the minute and there have been a couple of rumbles over towards Dolgellau way.

Posted
48 minutes ago, Ian Ballinger said:

Anyone with more knowledge know if we could get thunder here

eyes on these mate

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

https://www.blitzortung.org/en/live_lightning_maps.php?map=12

image.thumb.png.dca9c82457e8a08d90cca3067d94afc9.png

Edited by StingJet

Posted

Boom

image.thumb.png.6c42b6d464cd5c457f9d6bcb6ffce60c.png

• Like 2

Posted

We’ve enjoyed a couple of nice calm, mainly sunny days here and today looks to be the same.  Good weather for working outside but when the sun comes out it warms up pretty quickly.   Autumn so far has been reasonably benign and I won’t mind if we keep this up till mid-October!

Posted

So, I wonder if we can squeeze a few more snow events out of our winters, before climate change puts the lid on it for good? I'm grateful that I'm old enough to have experienced proper winters in the 80s - frequent snow cover and ice days! The younger generation will sadly never experience what us older folk did. I hope you are all well btw. Some of you may remember that my mum died two days before Christmas last year, well I have just sold her house, the family home that I grew up in. I keep feeling like I've betrayed her. Anyway, it's a time for me to look to what lays ahead, which hopefully includes a cold and snowy winter x

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
15 hours ago, blackrose73 said:

So, I wonder if we can squeeze a few more snow events out of our winters, before climate change puts the lid on it for good? I'm grateful that I'm old enough to have experienced proper winters in the 80s - frequent snow cover and ice days! The younger generation will sadly never experience what us older folk did. I hope you are all well btw. Some of you may remember that my mum died two days before Christmas last year, well I have just sold her house, the family home that I grew up in. I keep feeling like I've betrayed her. Anyway, it's a time for me to look to what lays ahead, which hopefully includes a cold and snowy winter x

Not knowing you personally but don't feel like you have betrayed her. Houses are just bricks and motor, the memories you made there will stay with you for life. Thats what's important. keep those memories alive by celebrating your mums life whenever you can and if remembering the snowy winters in the 80s helps you do that then I hope for you we see many more in the future to bring keep those memories burning bright.

• Like 2

Posted

Question .... Is there a specific type of rain that does not appear on the Dop Rad maps. Both the Met and Nw Dop Radar maps show nothing for present and past hour or two for here on the Isle of Anglesey .. yet for the last two hours its been lashing it down....? Heavy and persistent type!

image.thumb.png.534b78ccaadbd5cb92f9e1b75be3ed33.png