Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

After a dry night, light rain has just started here now and is set to continue for maybe three hours or so.  This won’t do the garden any harm.  It feels quite humid and there’s very little wind.  Later in the week we might get some more dry and sunny weather but no heatwave so far this summer.

Posted

Back to full overcast and steady drizzle - but this is not unusual around the Preselis!  Hoping for something drier towards the end of the week but the weekend looks very unsettled according to the models.  Nature has a way of evening things up so maybe we’ll have a few late summer heatwaves in July and August……

• Like 1

Posted

Another torrential thundery slid north again today turned into a thunderstorm much more lightning seen today from a distance good to very good,stonking stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Here we are - summer proper.  And summer days don’t come much better than this one.  Wall to wall blue sky, light air, 24C.   Perfect or what?   If this could be guaranteed for four weeks a year, nobody would need to travel abroad.  

Edited by Sky Full

Posted

Repeat of yesterday but a degree or two warmer!  This spell of summer weather should last through the weekend and part of next week so the butterflies will be loving it.  After that things look likely to cool off but by that time we may need a little rain….

Posted

It’s still very warm here although the sun well is down now and it will soon be dark.  May be a little uncomfortable getting to sleep tonight. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

It’s still very warm here although the sun well is down now and it will soon be dark.  May be a little uncomfortable getting to sleep tonight. 

too warm, i hate this weather. 

• Like 2

Posted
14 hours ago, viking_smb said:

too warm, i hate this weather. 

We’ve just been looking at the temperatures predicted this week in some of the places we have visited in the past - parts of the Mediterranean coasts of Spain and France - where they are expecting between 30 and 34C every day and 20 - 22C at night this week.  We don’t think we can face thIs level of heat any more and I’m quite happy for Wales to top out at 28C as long as the sun shines!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Its 27℃ to 28℃ here right now but there is a bit of cirrus and a load of cumulus clouds around which is keeping temperatures lower then what they could be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Its 31.6℃ right now and it has been around 31℃ for the last hour or so.

Very hot here now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

This 30c today in work has been a killer, also suppose to be 30c or close to it until the end of the week with high night time temperatures. Seen Meto have issued an Amber warning for Extreme Heat for most of Wales!

• Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

This 30c today in work has been a killer, also suppose to be 30c or close to it until the end of the week with high night time temperatures. Seen Meto have issued an Amber warning for Extreme Heat for most of Wales!

That is definitely a first!  

Posted

No doubt about it.  It’s very hot.  Not broken 30C here but it doesn’t matter because the strength of the sun and lack of cloud makes it one of the hottest ‘feeling’ spells I can recall here.  An hour ago we also had a ‘grassnado’ as the heat stirred up a strong spiral updraft which began moving across the newly mown surrounding meadows taking tufts of hay and grass cuttings high into the sky and scattering them everywhere.  Didn’t manage to get any video but if it happens again I’ll be ready!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Saturday can't come quick enough for me. It's unbearably hot at the moment, I think I died and woke up in hell. 

I have everything crossed we get a cracker of a storm at the weekend. Please weather gods, show us mercy. 

• Like 1

Posted

It’s gone 5:00pm and the temperature is still around 26C here.  Not going to be a comfortable night….  I think we probably touched 29C here today and it’s my opinion that will be the highest temperature reached in Pembrokeshire in 2021 now.  The next ten days will be much cooler and after mid-August there’s a reduced chance of getting to 30C here in the west.  I’m not saying Summer ‘s over () but I think we’ve had our peak temperature.

• Like 2

Posted

…….Having said that, I suppose we’ve still got one last crack at the highest temperature - tomorrow looks pretty hot as well!   

• Like 1

Posted

The MetO has now issued a yellow weather warning covering Wales over the weekend for possible heavy rain and thunderstorms

WWW.WALESONLINE.CO.UK

There is a yellow warning for most parts of Wales this weekend

The end of the heatwave is in sight!

• Like 1

Posted

Large cumulus clouds bubbling up all around me here and there’s a heavy shower on the radar towards Llandysul - possibly thundery although I can’t hear anything yet.  Seems to be moving slowly north west so might miss my location but would be nice to see some distant lightning after dark later.

• Like 1

Posted

…..but then it fizzled out almost as soon as it formed!   Most of the cloud to the west has already dissipated whilst the remains of storm cloud to the east are slowly collapsing.  Blue sky appearing again so no storm here tonight after all!

• Like 1

Posted

A huge storm anvil has towered up to my east - radar says it’s south of Fishguard - with very distant rumbles of thunder now audible.   Lightning showing up on the radar but it’s too distant to be visible from my location.   Looks to be moving further west in the next hour but I think it will lose all its energy very quickly.   Would be interesting to be on Strumble Head right now! 

• Like 1

Posted

A complete change this morning - 100% cloud cover, about 17C and fairly breezy.   For the first time in several days it’s cooler outside than inside!    No rain yet, though.   Looks like it’s headed this way but the forecast only predicts 1mm of rain for this location so that won’t do the garden much good….    No serious rain predicted here until Tuesday - but you never can tell!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Sky Full said:

A complete change this morning - 100% cloud cover, about 17C and fairly breezy.   For the first time in several days it’s cooler outside than inside!    No rain yet, though.   Looks like it’s headed this way but the forecast only predicts 1mm of rain for this location so that won’t do the garden much good….    No serious rain predicted here until Tuesday - but you never can tell!

well according to the met no rain until wednesday for St Davids

• Like 1

Posted

All change again. .  Had our 1mm of rain (or less…) about an hour ago and now the skies are clearing, the sun’s coming out and the temperature’s going up.   Still breezy though.  Looks like being a very useable day !  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Not much rain last night here...a brief shower this morning but it's been partly cloudy with sunny spells and quite breezy. Heard thunder from that storm over the water earlier before it died

• Like 1

Posted

Very heavy rain here at the moment with a 9.2mm per hour rainfall rate currently.