Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Sunny one minute and pleasant, torrential hail/snow grains the next! Welcome to April!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

I imagine the lack of rain might begin to be an issue for growers if May doesn’t bring above average rainfall but for the time being I’m loving the dry, calm weather especially because we have been frost free for three mornings now!   A succession of lovely sunny days with a cool breeze - perfect Spring conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Teeny tiny bit of snow today walking Norman the dog in The Ceiriog Forest and Facebook, bless it, popped up a reminder to me on April 26 that five years ago, on that date, it was snowing in my garden.  And here be the photo of April 26 2016

9F40317F-591A-49EA-8ED4-D0721C7B7249.jpeg

Posted

Yet another April frost this morning - must be some sort of record by now, surely?  But the sun is out again so the long spell of settled, sunny but chilly weather continues for another day at least.  There might be a breakdown over the weekend with some overdue rain and the return of windy conditions but no sign of Summer yet.  Would be nice to see some signs of a proper wam-up in the charts but there’s nothing to get excited about, even by mid-May, as far as I can see.  I hope this late Spring will eventually become a long hot Summer!

Posted
On 22/04/2021 at 06:00, Sky Full said:

I imagine the lack of rain might begin to be an issue for growers if May doesn’t bring above average rainfall but for the time being I’m loving the dry, calm weather especially because we have been frost free for three mornings now!   A succession of lovely sunny days with a cool breeze - perfect Spring conditions.

We now in solar minimum which should last a good few years.All of the northern hemisphere is way below normal temperatures. Talking to friends in Lyon in the south of France they worried about this years grape crop being wiped out by persistent frosts.Closer to home snow is possible over higher ground this week .

Screenshot_20210503-180549_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold snowy winters, thunderstorms

Absolutely wild out there near Cowbridge and just lost power so will be off to sleep after filing the report. Stay safe all.

Posted

I really hate to be a moaner but this lack of a proper Spring is getting depressing now.  After the abnormally cold and windy April, even if it was sunny, we now have pretty much constant stormy conditions here with non-stop gales bringing regular showers - some pretty hefty - and precious little sunshine.  I am just looking out the window at horizontal rain and the trees, now in full leaf, are being tossed around as if it was November.  I am desperate to be able to just sit outside and enjoy some sun but it seems a long way off right now.  I hope that this is not a recurring pattern set in stone for the rest of summer.....

• Like 2

Posted

image.thumb.png.67871ff7c8461f399277f0d0fb5a4aae.png

Angry skies here yesterday evening! Looking west towards Eryri/Snowdonia from Caernarfon area.

• Like 4

Posted
On 12/05/2021 at 11:30, Ian Price said:

image.thumb.png.67871ff7c8461f399277f0d0fb5a4aae.png

Angry skies here yesterday evening! Looking west towards Eryri/Snowdonia from Caernarfon area.

Lovely photos!   Like seeing them.  Wouldn’t want to be under them....

• Like 1

Posted

Here we are again in the teeth of another Atlantic storm with winds easily gusting above 50mph now and moderate rain with it.   It managed to pick up quite a heavy patio chair and shift it right round the side of the house just now.  Not what you want 11 days short of June with all the spring flowers out and leaves on most of the trees.  Some forecasts are showing peak gusts around the coast at 70mph + which is bound to cause some disruption.  We’ve got our second jab booked for this afternoon and the surgery is about 10 miles away so I hope we can get there and back without any trouble.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Fair play its wetter than an otters pocket here at the moment .  Hopefully something drier and maybe warmer on the horizon 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Someone finally turned summer on then did they? Been a cracking few days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

It has been a very nice day, got to 25c here today which has been lovely but a bit on the warm side for my liking, don't do well in the heat. I think 20c is my perfect summer temperature lol

Posted
On 03/05/2021 at 18:22, keithlucky said:

We now in solar minimum which should last a good few years.All of the northern hemisphere is way below normal temperatures. Talking to friends in Lyon in the south of France they worried about this years grape crop being wiped out by persistent frosts.Closer to home snow is possible over higher ground this week .

Screenshot_20210503-180549_Chrome.jpg

Solar cycle 25 is stronger than cycle24,this causes less sunspot activity. So colder than average over the next few years.

Screenshot_20210603-204317_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Another miserably cool day here in north west Wales. 14C with light rain and some mist around too. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Liam Ellis said:

Another miserably cool day here in north west Wales. 14C with light rain and some mist around too. 

24.6 c here now and wall to wall sunshine, been a fantastic 6 days of warmth and great sunshine ☀️??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
2 hours ago, Liam Ellis said:

Rubbish miserable weather here as well.

Has been cloudy all day with only a few very quick brighter spells, and now we have some drizzle around.

I am also quite dissapointed with this so called thundery plume event as over the weekend it looked like quite a large area of the UK including us here in Wales was going to get thundery weather overnight tonight but it now looks like only southeast England is going to get anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Not a bad day at all, really, with plenty of sunshine breaking through the cloud and very acceptable temperatures between 19C and 20C.  Only fly in the ointment is the persistent, quite strong, north easterly wind without which I guess this would be a lovely June day all in all.  Went down to Bosherston lily ponds early today but by the time we got back to the car park at around 11am it was heaving!  People and cars everywhere with dogs running loose and queues for the loos.  Not my idea of fun but with everyone staying at home this year I imagine all the beauty spots will be overrun in any decent weather.  As long as people are respectful and take their litter home with them, I hope they all enjoy themselves!