IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

A different feel this morning.  
Temp up to 3.9°C. Wind still ESE.  
Skies are grey and heavy. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Back to heavy rain and still very windy. Ground temperature still low hence the 4c reading.

Im guessing flooding will become an issue again soon with all this rain forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
2 hours ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Back to heavy rain and still very windy. Ground temperature still low hence the 4c reading.

Im guessing flooding will become an issue again soon with all this rain forecast.

Yes indeed.  Heavy, driving rain and strong winds which kept me awake last night.  Quite a change but nothing unusual for this time of year, I suppose.  I think I’ve had enough of winter now and I’m looking forward to some warmer, calmer weather - soon I hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

It’s crazy to think that all that precipitation that was heading our way yesterday seemed to just evaporate as it came over land so we had a few scraps of snow but today the precipitation comes in unabated and intensifies over the land of only that had occurred yesterday. Never mind maybe one last wintery hoora to end the month and start of March (maybe) but also wouldn’t rule out an early spring warm up too. I know what I’d prefer  

• Like 1

Posted

It’s a keen north wind and a Pembrokeshire dangler is what we need!! 

Posted

Though last weeks Easterly was a dry affair for us, bring it back i say. Already had it with this rain. 

I for one can't wait for some spring warmth sunshine, and hopefully be able to meet up with long lost friends and family for a drink sat outside enjoying it. 

• Like 2

Posted

It did dry things up a bit.  The ground is properly saturated around here now.  Not seen it so wet doe some time.  That rain was intense.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I do enjoy the rain, looks like I'm on my own with that one though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Ahh well the cold of last week is now a distant memory and the auto reset of windy and wet is re-established. Is there any hint of a one last hurrah before winters out ir should we just get ready for spring???

• Like 2

Posted

It’s just started raining here - and not expected to stop until tomorrow!   High winds again tonight, as well.  Oh well, Springs not far off now.

• Like 2

Posted

so how come temperature is below 0 DP are - 5 and not a sign of a cloud or a piddly little shower, then as soon as they both rise above 2 we have flood warnings and travel to the shop in a boat 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Make the most of this mornings sunshine..what there is of it..we could all need boats by the end of the weekend ?‍♀️ ?

• Like 1

Posted

So it’s looking like rain starting around 6am Friday morning until midnight Saturday!!! Not great for a already sodden Pembrokeshire.

• Like 1

Posted

At least the computer models are all agreed on one thing - a lot of rain for nearly all of Wales over the next 48 hours.   These are the totals until Sunday midnight as forecast by the UKMO, GEM and GFS respectively....

3D50B224-E43E-4AF7-A99E-3DA99BC1F5AE.thumb.png.7e3e4ae221fd76944c4b1b8e94fd32ff.png
D1A506D3-AE9A-4617-93B1-F341840D73F0.thumb.png.47983459a2f611ef2e6f687786bcc5c2.png

B85529D6-4EB8-48F5-BE60-0CF6CCA26810.thumb.png.a20ea140c210085e4b008b0c0cac8fd3.png

Not what many of us want to see with saturated ground and swollen rivers.

After that things should dry up a little with even some sunshine for us in the week ahead.        

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of flood alerts already in place. 
Ground pretty soaked and the wind is strong and moist. 

Typical winter ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Its barely evan rained here just a bit of drizzle. Amber warning not far north of here but looks like huge local variations in rainfall 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Driving rain continues to pile in here.  Amounts must be building up now.  And for tomorrow, these are the maximum gusts expected by the GEM for three hours either side of 6:00pm.  

CF780070-BDBB-488B-AC81-57A77F629611.thumb.png.f22428db80042552b4a2fe23b0d4fc9d.png

Other models show similar wind speeds.  Not sure why this hasn’t been given a ‘name’ because if it was London and the South East affected they would be all of a dither....

Edited by Sky Full
  • Like 1