Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Bbc weather just now dissapointing, shows the snow saturday pretty much missing Wales and Scotland take all our snow, as if they haven't already had enough! Then rain Sunday and much warmer. Bring on some sun and 15C is this is the way it goes!

Posted

Looks like we will miss out this weekend with the bulk of the snow further north. 

Bring on spring especially now it starts to get lighter in the evening 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
1 hour ago, keithlucky said:

Showers already moving into Cornwall worth watching in a few hrs time.

Looks heavy but I think the high pressure is gonna kill any precipitation the closer to land it gets

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Its a shame that the front that's approaching to our south west and west now isn't 200-300 miles further east. It may have been slightly less cold today/tomorrow if so but we'd have likely got a good frontal snow event. Unfortunately the cold block was a little too strong at this point in the week to let the front approach with any intensity. Hope Pembrokeshire manages to catch the eastern part of it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Looking good for Pembrokeshire at the moment, not really losing intensity this and approaching quickly. 

Posted

Metoffice warnings cancelled for much of S Wales

Posted
32 minutes ago, AlexThe Great said:

Any chance of those heavy showers behind the main front to slide more east?  

Towards carmarthen/swansea/neath area.

Looked at raintoday and so precipitation which is around Newquay atm may hit Swansea/Neath and west Wales in an hour or 2. Also az its over the sea should bulk up a bit. This is what I can see on raintoday radar. 

Edited by valejack
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

Pembrokeshire does have a warning now for today which is interesting

Posted

Sorry to be a party pooper but I can't see anything more than some light to moderate snow west of around Swansea, and flurries at most elsewhere in South Wales. If you run the radar and look at the leading edge of of the front currently off the north coast of Cornwall, it's fizzling. The high is still too strong and the precipitation is evaporating as it comes up against it.

Still, the front is definitely worth keeping an eye on. I know it's a cliché to say this, but nothing in meteorology is guaranteed.

Posted

Will we see a warning for Pembrokeshire for Saturday morning? Most models show a mix of rain/sleet/ snow approaching here

Posted

Where on earth did this come from? I don't normally take any notice of the BBC's automated forecasts, but I'm surprised.

Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 11.24.04.png

Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 11.28.01.png

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Where on earth did this come from? I don't normally take any notice of the BBC's automated forecasts, but I'm surprised.

Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 11.24.04.png

Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 11.28.01.png

What the hell. I swear bbc forecasts are getting worse and worse, your precipitation chance is 5% for most of the day, should say cloudy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Most models have Wales under snowfall on Saturday. Today’s front was always forecast to make it to the SW before fizzling out. Saturday is our best chance to see a few cm before milder air pushes in on Sunday where any precipitation that gets to us will likely be rain.

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Pembs458 said:

This is painful radar watching.  Precipitation is so close, but seems to have come to a halt! 

I feel your pain ! The precipitation is just breaking up against the cold block !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow
19 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Not sure where they're getting heavy snow from.

Surely it should be just a cloudy symbol unless the chance of precipitation is above at least 40%?

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, soupsurfer7 said:

Surely it should be just a cloudy symbol unless the chance of precipitation is above at least 40%?

Just looked at BBC weather for the day for my area and it's showing heavy snow all day, but a maximum of 6% chance!! wtaf? I never take notice of them anyway!

ridic.jpg

Edited by blackrose73