Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
5 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

Yeah, it's disappointing to think that next week we could be back in the mild (how long, who knows?) but there's still everything to play for - the easterlies hardly ever deliver in themselves for us - it's what tails them.

If this GFS came off - that'd be worth it (SW it alternates between snow and rain), but further east accumulations up to 30cm or so by midnight Sunday - Monday. Everything to play for still - worry about next week next week and all that.126-777UK.thumb.gif.6e01d22db82a8014199ed8e850f90d33.gif

Feb 96 replayed almost...hold that block must ! ....important not to get to far ahead of ourselves though as it chops and  changes run to run ....consistency we need now.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

Feb 96 replayed almost...hold that block must ! ....important not to get to far ahead of ourselves though as it chops and  changes run to run ....consistency we need now.

I was only 9 but remember that as my only ever snow week- as it turned out to be! Started with rain on the Monday night, but we were sent home basically told not to expect to be back in the rest of the week. When my love of snow started haha. 

But yes, consistency as you say - but shows what certainly could be there for the taking. I think we would all be happy with just one (earlier the better so we get a couple of days to enjoy it.) Saturday I'm most confident in at the moment I'd say!

Edit: Just catching up on other posts and saw your earlier one @goosey007 Matches my hazy memory almost to a tee

Edited by RhysWales
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

The GFS Parallel gives some rather impressive totals for the weekend tonight!

image.thumb.png.78f0f931d681c226dd2985679985215b.png      image.thumb.png.e64dd61ac925c67f666dd556afc9bad8.png 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Over a 1ft of snow if that comes off for SE Wales! Is his model reliable?

Well it's supposed to become the next version of the main GFS at some point. It's difficult to judge it's performance because it doesn't have an ensemble suite like the main GFS though

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I tell you what, being a cold and snow lover in this country is not for the faint hearted. All these ups and down every Winter. We never learn. Lol

Fingers crossed for the weekend and that we all get a decent covering.

Come on snow Gods, give us a bit! 

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Well the latest Fax, they agree with Icon-Gfs

metooooo.JPG

Yes I just this minute saw that. I'm getting more excited now about this, let's hope it doesn't downgrade again - I'm not sure my nerves can take it!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, blackrose73 said:

Yes I just this minute saw that. I'm getting more excited now about this, let's hope it doesn't downgrade again - I'm not sure my nerves can take it!

We need to see a warning tomorrow.

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

**RED WARNING OUT FOR ALL OF WALES ** DON'T SHARE IN THE MADHOUSE  THREAD ⚠️

Screenshot_20210209_234938.jpg

Judging by the Metoffice recent antics with amber warnings for dustings in England I wouldn't be surprised that we have no warning and a foot level snow. They just don't get Wales topography and population centres one bit within their warning system, it's one of the worst warning systems I have come across. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, A Frayed Knot said:

**RED WARNING OUT FOR ALL OF WALES ** DON'T SHARE IN THE MADHOUSE  THREAD ⚠️

Screenshot_20210209_234938.jpg

Lol I think you've been using a bit of artistic license with your editing suite. But you never know if it comes off we'll have to rename you Mystic Meg

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Gerryhattrick said:

Lol I think you've been using a bit of artistic license with your editing suite. But you never know if it comes off we'll have to rename you Mystic Meg

More like jaffa cakesed up peg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Yes not looking good, bbc weather thismorning shows no snow for us Thursday/Friday and said the mild air will win out in the west with no real snow. Looks like its going to be a bit of a dissapointing end to the cold spell for us now.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Yes not looking good, bbc weather thismorning shows no snow for us Thursday/Friday and said the mild air will win out in the west with no real snow. Looks like its going to be a bit of a dissapointing end to the cold spell for us now.

Icon still showing snow, our only hope.

Posted
1 minute ago, AlexThe Great said:

Met off ice still showing 6 hours of snow for briton ferry on Saturday morning !??‍♂️ I'd take that with all these ups and downs

6 hours of snow here during Saturday evening too. God knows what's going to happen, the BBC won't show any graphics for the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!

I think we all new writing was on the wall for our snow prospects when we lost a couple of opportunities this week, air becoming dry, any snow always moving 'potentially' a few days away. Usual pattern.

Matt Hugo tweeted showing the mild coming right in, very mild and wet starting next week and any chance we have of snow literally minimal end of February as any block would have to be frigid or we will always be on wrong side of marginal due to the time of year.

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

It's bound to turn mild and wet from Monday...its half term next week

Posted

Coldest night for 20 hrs tonight.Sennybridge my favourite for -10 c tonight.Still massive difference between met and bbc,no precipation at all this weekend dry weekend south wind dragging milder air in.

Posted
3 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

It's bound to turn mild and wet from Monday...its half term next week

What's half term lol no more schools lol 

• Like 1