Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Is it me or is the precipitation being pushed towards South Wales? May see some moderate snow if it intensifies over the Bristol channel.

May do jay you can see how it intensified near porthcawl...bristol channel may be our friend here

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, goosey007 said:

May do jay you can see how it intensified near porthcawl...bristol channel may be our friend here

I'm in work in Cardiff today so will keep an eye out the window lol. Maybe we could see a surprise or two.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*
13 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

That's definitely heading towards south Wales, whether it can maintain/increase intensity is the question.

Would you say it's all over for Thursday night now?

I think the front will fizzle out before it gets to Swansea. The SW could do good but will check all high-res models tomorrow and let you know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Flurries starting here again 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Light flurries here.

Posted

I still think some of us in South Wales will have a period of snow in the early hours of Friday morning, but I expect it to be light and not last too long. I very much doubt that a warning will be issued at all. I would love to be wrong, but I can't see it being potentially disruptive enough to warrant a warning. If one is issued, it may only be for areas west of Swansea. As for Saturday, God knows! A heatwave is about as likely as anything else it would seem.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer

Flurries on and off again here today, flakes slightly larger than yesterday

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Snow has disappeared for Friday now.

Yeah it's not looking good for Friday sadly, but we might have a chance of some decent snow on Saturday.

Into next week, most of the models have the block to our East collapsing with the Jet Stream pushing lows over the top of it. From there it's a long way back to cold, so Saturday could be our last chance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Just throwing this out there...winters over?

I'm only joking...would have been nice to have a good snowfall after this cold this week but it appears its not to be...hopefully another opportunity before winters end but in the overall grand scheme of things it pales in comparison at the moment 

• Like 1

Posted

Just finished watching BBC wales regional forecast. Today showers of snow in most parts with a slight covering in places, weekend milder air trys to push east from the west but colder AIR WINS OUT.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter Hot and sunny in summer...other is simply boring!!
21 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Just finished watching BBC wales regional forecast. Today showers of snow in most parts with a slight covering in places, weekend milder air trys to push east from the west but colder AIR WINS OUT.

well if depends what they mean exaclty if they mean more likely to see snow from the fronts than rain then I guess you could say cold wins...but if they are referring to longer term then the  2zs should be more interesting. They cant be taking the recent raw output all that seriously...

just watched it .....hard to say what she means  no detail lol 

Edited by goosey007

Posted

I haven’t seen a forecast yet today willing to make a prediction for Thursday night onwards.  There’s obviously a lot of uncertainty. 

Super cold out here in the preseli hills working today.  Van thermometer didn’t make it above freezing all day. 

9FC5F3F1-C970-4103-8372-D5048B92E1F6.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

ICON for Saturday, keep your fingers and toes crossed:

image.thumb.png.9ce38e223db3d5c1d717e8adbe3bac4e.png.    image.thumb.png.869f90126a7c26a61db41d832c669fca.png

Edited by mattrout92
  • Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

ICON for Saturday, keep your fingers and toes crossed:

image.thumb.png.9ce38e223db3d5c1d717e8adbe3bac4e.png.    image.thumb.png.869f90126a7c26a61db41d832c669fca.png

Let’s hope the rest of the 12z output follows the ICONs lead.... unlikely I fear though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Metoffice update only mentions "wintry showers" showing how uncertain the outlook is 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Soooo. 

This looks like it may be happening @ Strumble Head  on Thursday.  Currently dew point minus 5.7 Temp minus 1.8 wind gusting a bitter E 16.1mph. 

The sky is black and foreboding across the Irish Sea. 

uksnowrisk (1).png

• Like 1

Posted

Easterlies can be known to be very dry with just flurries and snow showers not amounting to much as they ve lost their intensity,this just happens to be that one.

Coldest day since March 18th 2018.Just crept upto 0.2c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Why couldn't that weather system just below Guernsey be sat over the top of us

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

I have a feeling its definitely not over yet! A slight flip back in our favour this afternoon with the GFS and Icon in particular. If we can keep that trend going again and get some improvements between 72 hours and 120 hours, we could definitely squeeze a good event between Friday and Monday.

As for Thurs night/Friday morn, too uncertain likes others are saying above. Probably one for this time tomorrow to get a clearer picture. However at this stage, if I was in Pembrokeshire I'd be feeling more confident of seeing some "heavier" snow Thurs night than in a location such as Cardiff. However still think some light snow is possible for us all in the south at least, almost always an area of light precipitation comes in ahead of a front. However of course its different with the very cold air at the moment. The GFS (below) shows what I think could happen with heavier Precipitation in far west and then light snow ahead of the main front for the rest of the south before dissipating.

63-574UK.GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1