Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bafan said:

Met office has just uploaded weather for the week by Alex Deakin on Facebook and Twitter.  Mentions the risk of snow in the west at the end of the week 

This better happen lol, frustrating looking 7 days ahead for snow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Have given up looking at the weather apps...bbc going for heavy snow here tomorrow afternoon..met office sunny and dry...never seen anything like it

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Was nice to see some snow/snizzle today, wasn't expected. Still hopefull for thurs night/friday, as long as it doesn't push any forther north amd keeps us cold and snowy. Not liking the Monday chart, rain for us on the coast. Thats no fun!

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Bafan said:

Met office has just uploaded weather for the week by Alex Deakin on Facebook and Twitter.  Mentions the risk of snow in the west at the end of the week 

This how see this weekend snow will go.Screenshot_20210208-173306_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1a26762841e5ce0931e5eec7b05bf544.jpgFirst front stalls over SWales 2 low fronts then reaches SWales so at least 6 hrs on continuous snow,heavy snow especially the second and 3rd front.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 4

Posted

How long do you think the snow will hang around for ??? Hopefully I’d we get any it can stay on the ground for a few days

• Like 1

Posted

Not sure I've ever seen multiple snow events in the space of a few days topping up previous falls. Even in 2010 there was some melt between main falls - but the potential definitely seems to be there! I'd take the one though if it's not a snow-rain event!

Edited by RhysWales

Posted

Don't wish to be a party pooper, but there is still a very real risk that the front on Thursday night may not even make it this far. Monday at the moment looks like bringing too much mild air in. If only we didn't have to go through all this uncertainty. Storm Emma in 2018 was a sure thing and you could sit and look forward to it, I'm aware that some didn't do so well out of it though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Im just happy to have a break from all the rain, cold dry and sunny will do me fine and if we do get any snow its a bonus 

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, WINTRY WALES said:

How long do you think the snow will hang around for ??? Hopefully I’d we get any it can stay on the ground for a few days

2 of days then Monday should go then.

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

This how see this weekend snow will go.Screenshot_20210208-173306_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1a26762841e5ce0931e5eec7b05bf544.jpgFirst front stalls over SWales 2 low fronts then reaches SWales so at least 6 hrs on continuous snow,heavy snow especially the second and 3rd front.

Reminds me of 1982 3 fronts stalled over Wales ,providing 3foot of snow.stared snowing Saturday 6pm snowed for 24hrs.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold snowy winters, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

2 of days then Monday should go then.

It may all look different by Monday and stay longer . The way the models have been changing who knows. We might get lucky. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

ECM should be rolling out now, fingers crossed. Surely if we have cross model agreement there will be warnings issued tomorrow?

Wednesday yellow updated .To amber Thursday. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

ECM should be rolling out now, fingers crossed. Surely if we have cross model agreement there will be warnings issued tomorrow?

Yup. And stop calling me shirley.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Latest ICON has the front on thursday struggling to reach SW Wales, GFS 12z does have it reaching Wales but mainly light precipitation.

Await the ECM next to see what it shows....

Posted
4 minutes ago, SnowStorm(Jamie) said:

Latest ICON has the front on thursday struggling to reach SW Wales, GFS 12z does have it reaching Wales but mainly light precipitation.

Great, another let down lol. Roll on next Monday then when that fails to reach us we'll have to look another week ahead.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer
11 minutes ago, SnowStorm(Jamie) said:

Not a good ECM unfortunately, light and patchy on Thursday night

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

When does the met office model come out mate? This sounds crap lol. Pointless waiting until next Monday for another let down.

Posted
4 minutes ago, pyrotech said:

I can not see amber on Wednesday or warnings for Thursday

I'm expecting a bit of light snow Thursday night at the most tbh. Would love to be wrong but there doesn't seem to be enough support for a major snow event to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in Winter / Thunderstorms + Heat in Summer
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

When does the met office model come out mate? This sounds crap lol. Pointless waiting until next Monday for another let down.

Should be out in the next 20 minutes. Possibly the last chance to save Thursday's event because all models have been poor for us this afternoon. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow
14 minutes ago, mattrout92 said:

Indeed latest ECM:

ecm.thumb.jpg.333fdcf9b6eb3df19fc4a526cf447351.jpg

Not sure what the latest UKV shows. Pembrokeshire looks best placed at the moment, unless the models continue to make less of this front.